Alexander McQueen S/S 2007 Paris

I'm so in love with 3-D flowers and the materials used, so I do adore this :heart:

This collection does not bring anything revolutionary, but this is good in keeping up the quality of the last collection.

McQueen is one of the best British designers in years, along with Gareth Pugh.

pucci_mama said:
This is really gorgeous... everyone else seems to be uninspired this season but McQueen is at a different level, the best show the season. :wub:

I agree completely!! :D I was hooked after seeing the first two photos. :heart: His talent has no limit. :clap:

"crude and vulgar" haha, Karl Legerfeld, in your face, almost one decade later McQueen is ten billion times better than you!!

I have nothing to add to all these comments. It is just so beautiful! I dropped dead when I saw Tanya's dress :wub:

SUPERB!!! i'm in love with the roses, the romantic & the beauty!!! :wub:
This is art at it's best.

72110798.jpg
72110809.jpg

72110816.jpg

72110769.jpg
72110738.jpg

It was absolutely gorgeous. But I still say it's very un-McQueen.

This truly is an amazing collection. I love the exaggerated hip, the sheer fabrics to give just a hint of sex appeal, the way the dresses flare into a bubble on the bottom, the lacework, the gorgeous rounded toe pumps...shall I go on?

edit: how could I forget the beautiful roses!

i am speechless... i just can't find the words to say how strongly i think about this as his BEST collection ever, the best collection of the year, and even the best collection in much longer time!
Everysingle piece is PERFECT! it's delicate and strong, it's just as modern as it is classic, it is as colorful as it's soft... unreal... the perfect "rève de printemps" (a dream of spring)
couturiers will have a lot to learn from this

I think my mind just exploded because of how great this collection is.

I do have one criticism, the sculpted and padded hips. He should have left them to Galliano because rather than create a striking silhouette, they just distract from the beauty of the clothes.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

pure brilliance

this is the only collection of the few i liked this season for which i havent the slightest criticism, even the stuff i wouldnt wear is only because i'm not diva enough, not because it isnt sheer perfection

he is genius, consistent in his darkly romantic aesthetic, his work is never dated because it is timeless

definitely the hero of fashion week

It definitely does make you want to tear up a bit, best collection of the season hands down. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xinzoe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->