Alexander McQueen S/S 2007 Paris

^ It's true, it looks like reminicent of his more recent work. But the overall effect, it's just so damned pretty. Flower petals, heck, whole flowers just seem like uncharted territory for him.

well..i have issues with "pretty" as well, but i wouldn't want to see tough tough tough all the time.
besides you don't look at this, and say, "oh, it's so pretty!"
i think the reaction is more, "coooool.."

so, yes...flowers are pretty, but i think whatever mcqueen touches turns a little "dark"..

this is unbelievably beautiful ! definitely the show of the season !

From what I've seen, this is a very soft and feminine collection. It can be slightly melancholy, fragile, and sad too...

He has to figure out a way to be of his time. This stuff is beyond gorgeous and the finale dresses will stay beautiful in museums and closets and auctions for years to come. I prefer the suits and the tailoring, those are just knockout...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't there be more things this good???????????

This is truly a work of genious. I've been following McQueen's work not for a very long time (well maybe i've seen some Givenchy stuff before), but what I've seen recently is.... consistency!!! Consistency in excellence. He never gets full of himself, like a lot of designers do, he always strives to achieve something bigger and better, and it shows the results. He just gets better and better with every season, i'm afraid to think can he beat himself next time?

As for this collection in particular. This is amazing how he incorporated the fresh flowers into such intricate designs, he must have kept them in a fridge or something. I mean it also takes great deal of timing for a florist-genious to have the flowers achieve the perfection by the time of the show!!!! Such beautiful color combinations too! He pushes the envelopes of the concept of Ready-to-Wear and makes it couture, but he doesn't push it too hard saving himself from making his works outrageously crazy (like some couture designers do). The shapes are another story. He might be one of those geniouses who will make a voluptuous figure come back into style eventually (so far Elena Miro was courageous enough to put her clothes on plus sized women) - very daring adventure, and cudos to him for that and very beautiful and sexy all the same.

For the second season in a row, McQueen produces the best fashion show.

Grade A+

I just have to repost this picture again:
capta44875e0a3c045dd819fee36173dab68francefashiondlm1kr1.jpg

Yahoo

I might be overanalyzing this, but I think how he dressed so casually (In contrast with everything else associated with him during the show) really accentuated his collection in an atypical way. It shows that his true creative genius is within :heart:

And to whoever said that "couture is his destiny" - agreed!

Amazing, seriously. Nothing short of stunning, and there's so many things I wish I could say about it in fleeting commentary but my critique only gets me this far! Bravo, Mr. McQueen :flower:

i just look to the first page and say a big YES! a big THANK YOU! a big CONGRATS! a big I LOVE YA! a big.... I have to see the rest...

yeah maybe this is always "same old"...but when it's done with perfection, we can't say anything! this is Couture - which is maybe the bad point as we are in rtw!
I just love it, it's a moment of pure hapiness! I wish I was there I can't wait to see the video and this my favourite so far (sorry but I can't wait for Galliano, too! his invitation is a burned "prise electrique"...)

oh yes, this is fashion!!!!!! i LOVE this!!! absolutely adore it, everything!

I would love to see an opera where he designs the costumes...

melt977 said:
I would love to see an opera where he designs the costumes...

Exactly what I was thinking...only I'd like to BE in the opera. :wink:
Lacroix has done ballets, Yohji and Theyskens have done operas, McQueen is perfect for the job; hopefully it's only a matter of time.

This is one of the most beautiful and ingenious collections not just this season, but in my recent memory... isn't this what art is all about...moving beauty expressed with real skill and ingenuity.
(None of this Mura**mi s**t.)

All in my favorite muted colors too B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->