Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

^ I agree to! Wasn`t this the SAME reason as why Aliona left. They said that Aliona wanted to do something different like to write a book. But why is she up for the place in POP? There`s a real reason

this is bittersweet for me...
carine is such an amazing stylist and editor, her taste is impeccable and nobody did sexy or chic like her. some of her editorial are l e g e n d a r y. but still, the magazine was becoming so repetitive, always the same themes and concepts...there was hardly no creativity and only repetition in most recent years. with her loss, i don't know if vp will lose contributors that are loyal to carine, let's hope that won't happen.

as for who's gonna fill her big and high stilettos...i hope it's not alt. she's a great stylist but with her as an eic the magazine will turn into a spiral of repetition...we'll see what the future brings to us.

I'm devastated! There's so many questions I have that are unanswered.

First rumour already in of who will replace Carine at French Vogue.... Virginie Mouzat of Le Figaro..... from a well placed PR source

http://twitter.com/#!/KenzoPR

Well I prefer Emmanuelle more than Virginie but I feel like that Alt would just do the same direction as Roitfeld.

Carine leaves VP ????

I've never had wanted that Cariiiiiiiiiiine !

When is the last issue of the team ? March ?
Geeeeez, the new team has so much pressure and eyes on her !!!

I am both sad that Carine leaves and excited to see what's next.
But wasn't it something everybody expected ? She is repeating for some times now that she loves challenge, new projects etc.

Anyway, she is not dead. She is just leaving Vogue Paris. I am sure we will see her again.

What are the rumors about the next one ?
When was that decision taken ?
Will E. ALT stays in VP ? Or will she work freelance ?

What is she going to do, now ?
Consulting with Tom and Styling freelance ?
Product and Direct a Movie ?
Go in the art business with her son ?

I mean give some words, PLEASE !

* Wait, Virginie ??????
Geeeez. That's gonna be very JJBuck, non ???

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck to her and i am now anxious to see the direction vp is going to go and who will be the new editor-in-chief

When Carine decided to anticipate a big retrospective with the 90th anniversary issue I had the feeling that she would leave the magazine very soon, I even commented about that in the issue thread, so there's the confirmation!

Change #1
Goodbye Lara exaltation

Vogue Resignation

FRENCH Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld has resigned after ten years of service. She will leave the magazine at the end of January.
"It is impossible to overstate Carine's powerful contribution to Vogue and to the fields of fashion and magazine publishing. Under her direction, Vogue Paris received record levels of circulation and advertising and editorial success," said Jonathan Newhouse, ceo of Condé Nast International. "Vogue Paris has established itself as one of the most iconic magazines in the world, with huge influence in the field of fashion and photography."
Roitfeld has decided to concentrate on personal projects.
"Carine herself has become widely known as a beacon of style, fulfilling the role with charm and graciousness. She has become a giant in her profession," Newhouse said. "Carine will be deeply missed. I am extremely grateful to her for what she has achieved."
Roitfeld's replacement will be announced in the coming weeks.
*Vogue.co.uk

ohh no... Thats just sad. but hopefully its a good change, carine will be missed badly!

she will be clearly missed, VP had such landmark achievements with her. but on the other hand i feel strangely excited over this
whole new resignation drama. the magazine has been abit oversexed during her reign, and if this is still going to continue after her
atleast we'd get a fresh spin on it; new direction won't be so bad for VP. and please let's not have Alt takeover :ninja:

I wish the new EIC will be someone already inside the magazine, someone who knows and deals with the photographers and stylists that usually work for the magazine, in order to keep its editorial quality level that characterises this publication. Also someone interested in complementing the image which has been the main focus of the magazine, introducing a new literary/documenting approach, which I think is missing since Carine took place.

:shock: :cry:
Nooo! She will be missed, for sure. VP has been great under her.

I too hope the new EIC will be someone who worked for the magazine before or still does. Someone who knows it from the inside out. I don't want VP to turn into some version of HB or whatever. :yuk:

I hope Vogue Paris won`t turn like Vogue Russia

Good riddance. Atleast now we won't have to see the same models, styled the same way, shot by the same photographers, favouring a handful of designers in every single issue :woot:

The news don't mention it but let's not forget also about Vogue Hommes International...

^^WOW Balenciaga will be back in VP!!!! looooooool

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gorgiosa9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->