Carine Roitfeld leaves Vogue Paris *Update* Emmanuelle Alt named new Editor-in-Chief

^ i forgot about that! it's great!
so sad, balenciaga wasn't on the vogue collections magazine....

This BOF post is great!

Carine Roitfeld’s big exit

Carine Roitfeld at Paris Fashion Week | Photo: Tommy Ton
from businessoffashion.com

She had said a few times that she wouldnt be there forever.
It's been a decade (?) of Carine at vogue... the magazine does need fresh air.
I only hope that she will continue working somewhere else where we can 'see' her work.
I don't doubt that she could go do consulting for Tom Ford, or Max Mara or whoever she does it for... but i wouldnt like it if she was only working 'backstage' for some company.

I can't help wondering if Balenciaga has something to do with this...

According to Vogue.co.uk, she's leaving at the end of January and we should know who's going to replace her in the coming weeks.

If she leaves at the end of January, that means the last VP under her should be... Feb? March?

What happens to Emmanuel Alt then? Is there any chance that she takes her place? I really hope not..:ninja: I hope it will have more diversity with models and photographers and less sexuality.

According to Vogue.co.uk, she's leaving at the end of January and we should know who's going to replace her in the coming weeks.

If she leaves at the end of January, that means the last VP under her should be... Feb? March?

It might be March issue, but we may see few eds styled by her (or shot during her period) in next issues as well, like it happened in VR's case, when Aliona left in August and new editor's first issue is January.

Good riddance. Atleast now we won't have to see the same models, styled the same way, shot by the same photographers, favouring a handful of designers in every single issue :woot:

Finally somebody says what many people thinks!!!! Now we won't see the same models (Poly, Raquel, Lily) month after month :innocent:

This year has got to be the worst in Fashion. French Vogue has lost a great Editor and a Stylist as well. I don`t know what to say. Please let this be a dream.

you mean a nightmare..

You know, i'm really sad, but i'm so excited to find out who the new EIC is going to be at the same time! SO EXCITED!

Mother!@#$%^&*() :shock::shock::shock: Is this for real? I'M DEVASTATED! :cry: I just can't believe it. Why would she leave the magazine that she has been editing for a decade now and that has so many followers. I'm just...I don't know. :cry:

Carine Roitfeld Resigns From French Vogue
By BY CATHY HORYN
In a surprise move, Carine Roitfeld said Friday she will step down as editor in chief of French Vogue at the end of January.

“It’s 10 years that I’m editor of the magazine,” Ms. Roitfeld, one of the most influential editors in the fashion business, said in a telephone interview. “I think it’s time to do something different.”

She informed Jonathan Newhouse, the chief executive of Conde Nast International, that she wished to pursue other projects. “I have no problem with Jonathan, and he understood me very well,” Ms. Roitfeld said of her ideas for the magazine, which featured bold photography and expressed a cool, physical, erotic fashion ideal.

Ms. Roitfeld often did the styling for photo shoots. “I had so much freedom to do everything I wanted. I think I did a good job.” But she added, “When everything is good, maybe I think it’s the time to do something else.” She expects to complete issues through March. She said she was not sure what she would do after that. “I have no plan at all,” she said.

On British Vogue’s Web site, Mr. Newhouse said, “It’s impossible to overstate Carine’s powerful contribution to Vogue and to the fields of fashion and magazine publishing. Under her direction Vogue Paris received record levels of circulation and advertising and editorial success.”

Runway Blogs

I'm not shocked by this at all, VP has been horrible in the last year, and it does need a change, hopefully its not the case of W, and it gets even more run down into the ground by the new eic!

This is bad news, VP is the only edition of Vogue that truly dares and now with Alyona leaving the Russian edition -- I'm scared for the future of VP. Carine was just always ahead of the curve.

Still, I'm also thinking that Anna Wintour may finally be on the way out...I would not be surprised to see Carine replace her. Just putting it out there.

Good riddance. Atleast now we won't have to see the same models, styled the same way, shot by the same photographers, favouring a handful of designers in every single issue :woot:

exactly, hopefully a lot of the new faces will get good chances^_^

Finally somebody says what many people thinks!!!! Now we won't see the same models (Poly, Raquel, Lily) month after month :innocent:

I agree. It's sad of course, but VP needs a change inmediatly, always the same models, the same clothes, so, Im really thrill to know what's going to happen.

This is bad news, VP is the only edition of Vogue that truly dares and now with Alyona leaving the Russian edition -- I'm scared for the future of VP. Carine was just always ahead of the curve.

Still, I'm also thinking that Anna Wintour may finally be on the way out...I would not be surprised to see Carine replace her. Just putting it out there.

That`s what I`m thinking too. Maybe Something New meant American Vogue. She resigned from Vogue Paris not from Conde Nast right?

Why most of you are expecting that new eic won't have own favorites and current ones will be replaced by them? But I guess we're all full of optimism.

If the reason is real and Conde Nast likes VP at the moment and they don't want radical changes, there's big chance for Alt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gorgiosa9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->