Chanel Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

I actually like this collection. The shapes of the garments grew on me after a while and the gown were really amazing. Even the details in the garments were classic Karl im not impressed with the collection but I think it's a good one. I cant wait to see the video

Honestly, I was a little bit bored watching this. Its beautifully made and the silhouette is quite appealing; but we know what Karl is capable of! His other Haute Couture shows have been much more impressive and memorable. Also, his last few Haute Couture collections seem to be more commercial and mass appeal than his more visionary collections.

I also immensely dislike the hats. Every time I see that kind of hat, I immediately think of hipsters! This is like how a hipster would wear couture to 'edge' it up or something, no? :lol: :innocent:

I find the set interesting although I truly believe something more interesting could have been achieved. Karl has really failed recently in creating the distint silhouettes he has always been good at doing. Particularly with couture, for example the f/w 06 collection with the knee high denim boots, it was so contemporary and forward thinking and still utterly Chanel. It's been a while since I have seen one of these 'complete' visions, recent collections tend to be more derivative.

Everything is really quite pretty and looks so immaculate and perfectly made. But seriously, what's new?

typical chanel HC ^_^
but oh well, you can still never go wrong with classic Chanel

Hm I'm not liking this whole 'darker' side of Chanel that Karl is doing.

is anyone else getting a Boy George/Karma Chameleon vibe from the hats??

I definitely adore the set and the hats with black laced veil, I think that's quite genius. But aside from that (and some of the last structural gowns) it's all so.. boring. It's the Chanel we've seen a thousand times, 30 recolored suits and 20 conservative looking gowns.
Although we did get a dark theme this time, I shouldn't be complaining. Not that I like it.

oh great! I needed some refinement and elegance to wash my eyes after seeing the circusy montrocity they call Haute Couture at Dior

To me, this collection is really shockingly beautiful. The gowns! :heart: I'm actually surprised by how much I've fallen in love with some of the pieces. It's feminine without being dated and dramatic without losing subtlety.

This is just a side note, but I've also always loved the idea of wearing a piece of lace as a mask.

I cant wait to see a video of this collection.

To me, this collection is really shockingly beautiful. The gowns! :heart: I'm actually surprised by how much I've fallen in love with some of the pieces. It's feminine without being dated and dramatic without losing subtlety.

This is just a side note, but I've also always loved the idea of wearing a piece of lace as a mask.

I cant wait to see a video of this collection.

You echoed my exact feelings. I adore this, the construction, and the way that it feels classic without being washed out. You can see and feel Coco in those pieces.

I like it! ^_^
Nothing Special for me typical! That white boots (bicolor) OMG - Die:heart::heart::heart:

The suits are very Lagerfeld-esque. And by that I'm referring to his eponymous label. For instance, when I saw the suits, I immediately thought of this look from nearly 20 years ago:

Even the gowns are reminiscent of Lagerfeld's eponymous line. And although the suits are basically the same-old same-old that we've seen countless times before, they are very wearable. I don't like any of the gowns though. However, this collection overall is a major improvement over last year's Fall couture with its horrible old-lady long skirts.

bellazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"