Chloe S/S 08 Paris

beautiful pictures
thank you for posting them, seanutbutter
i see some humour in the last bag
lovely materials!

and thanks again for responding to my question and showing the video, mafiosa :P
i think it makes me like the clothes even more, the way he describes them
'the secret garden' dress :blush:
i wonder what he meant by it being originally the design for a leather bag :unsure: does he mean the print is for the leather bag or the parts of it is actually a leather bag 'pattern' parts

I love the accessories, they're so weird. I would take the clutches, the origami bag and that mosaic necklace in a heartbeat!

And thanks so much for the video! He seems like a really interesting and intelligent person, a nice guy too...

I absolutely love the bags, they have so much quirky detail to them. I personally think that the accesories are Chloe's biggest selling point.

Beautiful bags and especially shoes and are the best part of SS 08 collection, but in general I'm really not impressed with SS08 collection.
It is kind of sad because I used to be swept off my feet when seeing Chloe dress.
None of SS08 dresses do that for me.

I love the accessories, they're so weird. I would take the clutches, the origami bag and that mosaic necklace in a heartbeat!

me too^_^ I agree with gius there is some humour in these accesories and i love it:woot:

Thank you seatnutbutter for the pics
and it was my pleasure posting the video, your both welcome:flower::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks seatnutbutter for the pics. The accesories are fun but cute :smile: i liked a few pieces from the show but wouldnt say it amazed me.

Has anyone tried on the patent cone heelded sandals yet? I need a pair in a size 42, but this means ordering from SAKS 5TH AVENUE in the USA to have them delivered to the UK. I am wondering how they fit?

Shoes

Does anyone know where to by shoes from this collection online? Yoox had some, but they're all gone...

Thanks in advance!

This was such a strong Chloe collection. I miss Paulo at Chloe. He was so such a great designer. Now all we are left with is to suffer the misfortune of a woman with no creative direciton or design talent and her horrid take on vintage clothing.

I couldn't agree more. I miss him at Chloé. I think he could have done many good shows developing his style at this brand, from my point of view he was much more Chloé than Hannah is but unbelievably she's much more successful (she has a great support from VP). I specially like his F/W 08 collection. The same with Nina Ricci, I miss Olivier a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was such a strong Chloe collection. I miss Paulo at Chloe. He was so such a great designer. Now all we are left with is to suffer the misfortune of a woman with no creative direciton or design talent and her horrid take on vintage clothing.

Don't even tell me, that's so true -_- This collection wasn't my favourite one at the beginning, but after warming it a little I really loved it, and I do even more comparing to Chloé nowadays. I just want Paulo back in the fashion world :cry:

^^^ Me too mackos! And I'm glad Im not the only one who cherished Paulo. Everybody seems to have jumped on the Hannah bandwagon these days! :innocent:

I'm sorry you all miss him, but Paulo, most definitely, was not Chloe, at all.

I'm more than mildly obsessed with Chloe and always have been, so I'm saying that having grown-up seeing Karl's Chloe around me and from having studied anything Chloe I could possibly find (vintage and contemporary), throughout the years; not just from judging Chloe under Philo and/or McCartney (although they were both Chloe, too - or they were both capable of being Chloe, at least).

Paulo couldn't and/or wouldn't respect the ethos and history of the brand, but it was not his fault he was hired, it was the fault of Ralph Toledano, who broke with his own, supposed, beliefs about the brand and hired the wrong person.

If you all like Paulo, I think it's a great idea to say so, though - with any luck, someone will notice and will give him a good job at a house far more suited to his style. :smile:

^^^ Me too mackos! And I'm glad Im not the only one who cherished Paulo. Everybody seems to have jumped on the Hannah bandwagon these days! :innocent:

No way I'm going to do that, trust me! What I loved in Paulo's collections is that they felt so incredibly fresh, especially the last two. I'm head over heels in love with F/W 08, it was so promising for the new era at Chloé and then came this woman with total blandness season over season. I keep crossing my fingers for Paulo, though. He deserves having his own place in the fashion world for sure.

So sad that this Chloe was stopped in its track...who knows what it could have been if PMA had stayed on? I miss his Chloe, I've snagged a few pieces from his first collection, though the PVC has faded I still keep wearing them.:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->