Chloé F/W 09.10 Paris

all of a sudden i dont miss Paolo so much! it's not fresh, because it feels like a bit too old chloe, but at the same time it's good to get the usual "vintage" feel that house used to have under phoebe.
it's feminine and very flattering. statement bags again, cool shoes again, soft and comfy colour palette,... oh yes! and the quintessential trousers :P

i'll love to see how her work evolves!

The first part of the show was bad. Those looks were too heavy. The rest of the show was pretty, but it was boring and monotonous. It's a nice collection, but easily forgettable. And I see she brought back those MC Hammer pants AGAIN! WHY? :innocent:

Besides, whether you liked Paulo for Chloe or not, you can't deny that he injected the house with a modernity and a youth. He brought life to the brand, even if it wasn't 'very Chloe'.

The problem with Hannah is that she seems to be lost in nostalgia for Chloe under Philo. With this collection she brought nothing new - it was recycled. I felt like I was watching a show from the past; a sort of 'best of' collection, but watered down.

This might be pretty and feminine but its completely and utterly boring. And I'll take interesting and modern Chloe under Paulo over Hannah's dated Chloe, any day!

helmut.newton said:
He brought life to the brand, even if it wasn't 'very Chloe'.

But who wanted that. To me the heart and soul of Chloe oozed out and he injected it with a Marni substance.

His only collection that was remotely like "Chloe" was his last and by then it was too late he had resigned.

This is only Hannah's second collection and I love the Chloe brand, I like where it's going so I'm sticking by her. I don't want her to be another Alessandra.

This is exactly what I needed from this terrible 80's addict season.,..
something so 70's, so true to the label, nice pieces, wearable garments, a palette that belongs to a fall winter collection, the high boots!!! SO ME!, the ankle suede boots !!! SO ME!!
The whole outfit on Freja!!! I screamed a lil bit in every girl that was coming down the runway...I loved the velvet part, it was very well used...the hair is amazing...so is the make up...
and plus I adored that Hannah came out to bow with track pants and ankle boots, I think it's something that can work depending on your personality...

I adore this new era, viva Chloe...
I can call myself again , a Chloe girl...

Yes! I love this. I was hoping Hannah would improve - I thought her last collection was a good introduction of her idea of the Chloe female. Not the strongest, but you could see where she was headed. I think this collection is incredibly feminine despite the fact that there are a lot of menswear inspired looks.

What is going on?! At least Paolo did a nice work for the Chloé woman rather than just pretty, boring and forgettable clothes for the Chloé girl.

I think that definitely can be argued -- I don't think he did. Honestly, I can see this collection being more versatile in age range, though I think it is a little more of the woman than the girl.

Also -- the shoes. :heart:

I am impressed^_^ This is an improvment from the last collection. It's not as if it was bad but I feel that this one is way better. Hannah has really done it for me this time around.

I love it all! except for the weird outfit with the copper pants, and matching weird knee high boots with the gold band thing on it. And the weird black tube tassle dress. But everything else is super cute!

I find those shapes terribly terribly unflattering! Anyway there are some nice outfits , i liked those in bw specially and some dresses are fine...but PLEASE bring philo back!!!

I agree about the unflattering shapes...
but i do like the bags and the suede booties.. but there is nothing NEW here...

I love the hair and Make-up but overall I think it's a boring collection some pieces are very interesting and its very Chloé ( at least the image I have of the brand ) but I have a feeling while looking at it that it could have been better...

There is a lack of consistency... I do like is the color palette and most of the coats... I also see some very beautiful dresses, but ultimatley, there's not enough good to compensate for all the bad.

I'm not a fan of the bold (and maybe exagerated?) shapes she uses and mixes together... Eespecially the ruffles around the neck:sick:. Most of the pants also looks unflattering and the bags and shoes are completely lacking any creativity.

Nevertheless, overall I do think this a step forward. :flower:

Not saying this collection is terrible or boring, but the Fall RTW 2008 one was so much more interesting.

It's cute, nice coats and long dresses, but it's boring.

I think eventually she will get it right , but she needs to burn those humpty dumpy pants , baggy taper leg ,harem , etc i haaaate that shape of pant, and that goes for all the designers too lol. My fav looks are the white blazers , wool jumpsuit. Its very Chloe circa between 1978-1982, im 100% sure she looked into the archives for some inspiration which is a good think but she needs to put a more smarter collection out , hopefully for spring , but this 10000X better than what paolo was doing , this at least looks Chloe.

Wow, Chloe hasnt looked this good in YEARS. It reminds me of old Chloe. I still miss Paolo and I like Phoebe too.
Firstly none of the models look ugly, they're ALL so beautiful.....even........Freja. The hair and makeup is so beautiful its unbelievable.
The clothes themselves are so light and pretty and feminine, and chic too.
I like it, but after the last few years any hint of improvement at Chloe is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->