Christian Dior HC F/W 08.09 Paris

Amazing collction! so inspirational. i loved the dress on Chanel Iman and those shoes :heart:

I respect that Galliano has toned it down a bit.

After the last 4 seasons of utter disappointment, I feel pleasantly suprised. Dior works best when its not too over-the-top in my opinion.

Last Haute Couture was pretty comical. And the season before that was just ridiculous costume wear.

But this is nice. A little safe. But very pretty :heart:

I don't wanna say simplicity because of the intricate construction but nonetheless there's this sort of ease to it that I like. The last three (or more) couture collections were pretty heavy. But in this collection, you don't seem to need two people's help to put these dresses on. At the same time some of the white "New Look" dresses have this strength and volume that shows why the ensembles deserve to be bought at five or six figures.

Just been watching the video of the show at the Dior site and what a spectacle.:D Slightly more refined than usual, but just the right amount of theatrical camp. Very impressive.
How the hell Georgina managed to stay standing is a miracle.......but she just about pulled it off.

^ Yeah, The video was great and made me like the collection even more. The first look is amazing, and the shoes are stunning.

i can't help noticing Galliano is now directing Dior to a more mature client sellection each collection, but is fantastic always, ALWAYS, he never looses his point.

:heart: #395-398 spyke and d_c1245 :heart:

what a sensational exchange of ideas!
i guess this sort of conversation can only happen at tFS!
Thank you so much :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->