Christian Dior HC F/W 08.09 Paris

Loved it!! The gowns were something else!! The styling, too, was amazing. Very, very well done!!

I love Disney and I love Galliano, there is no better mix.

love this collection even more with the video :buzz:

I can see alot of similarities between this and his previous collections, as well as Armani and Elie Saab.

BRAVO! finally! i hadnt liked one of his dior shows since since 2006! (it doesnt seem much... but considering he does around 6 for dior every year, it's ages)
i like the runway, i like the cuts, i like the volumes, i like the different themes, i like the daywear, i like the nightgowns, i like almost everything (not crazy about the leopard though)
BRAVO JOHN! JOHN IS BACK!!

(i wonder if he'll be able to tell the difference between the praises he got from the previous collections, as it seems to me that critics fear bashing his work no matter what he does.... and the REAL good critics he could get from this...) just a thought!

the full show which posted by jssy4eva lacked this one

00360m.jpg

style

Hq

Backstage

DPA

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking back on this collection a few days later, I like it less than I thought at first. I mean, I still like the black and white pieces in the beginning a lot, and I love Olga's gown, but those geriatric pastels are just killing me. Why, John? Why all these pastels as of late? They're not fresh, modern or sophisticated. Granted, this collection is better than last season's couture (which I also thought was fantastic at first, but then digested it and got a stomach ache), but it's still missing the Dior magic that made me fall in love with Dior in the first place - those shows were just so exciting.

Let's just hope that his next collection will be void of all pastels and technicolor satins and he'll be done with the 40's - 60's decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking back on this collection a few days later, I like it less than I thought at first. I mean, I still like the black and white pieces in the beginning a lot, and I love Olga's gown, but those geriatric pastels are just killing me. Why, John? Why all these pastels as of late? They're not fresh, modern or sophisticated. Granted, this collection is better than last season's couture (which I also thought was fantastic at first, but then digested it and got a stomach ache), but it's still missing the Dior magic that made me fall in love with Dior in the first place - those shows were just so exciting.

Let's just hope that his next collection will be void of all pastels and technicolor satins and he'll be done with the 40's - 60's decades.

dior_couture, you always manage say exactly what I want to say so eloquently!

regarding those Disney paralells:

John's been designing collections of evening gowns now for the past years. 90% evening gowns. and what's more desirable to a woman than to look like a princess. ergo, the Disney princesses.

I loved it when I first saw it, still do. I might have to go over it again, but I have so much admiration for this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->