Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by Thread Manager, Jun 22, 2018.

1. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

Who? Team Twincest?

I've never heard any ill stories about Dean + Dan, but I wouldn't be surprised. I don't necessarily get a predatory vibe from them, but they definitely do strike me as men who use their star-status to get, um, ahead in male-to-male courtship rituals.

modela likes this.
  2. theBlueRider

theBlueRider Active Member

I'm just using MDMA as an example of all the other stuff him and his friends use. Drugs and alcohol don't change personality. People are the same with and without them just more or less uninhibited. No offense to a anyone on this forum who uses these things. Usually people who use this stuff are very empty inside.

It's so obvious he has always been this way. Like I said earlier he is Downtown Regina George and his brand was based off that whole schtick. He has pictures of himself all the way back from high school with his mean girls clique. He has probably been getting away with this since forever.

Can we please take these designers and models down without being homophobic and racist about it? All predators and enablers of all identities.

Not to mention there are plenty of people on this forum or lurk on this forum who are 100% for this type of behavior from designer and models. They are so brainwashed and pathetic.

modela, YohjiAddict and tapenerd like this.
  3. San Marco

San Marco Active Member

I don’t see were do we disagree exactly, if your post was supposed to be disagreement with mine. I don’ t think that the majority of people are privileged by the law when it comes to wrongdoing in the US (some of course are, but not the majority). It’s not like the US is a communist paradise, where all the media think, speak,repeat, and of course keep the side for the privileged ones.

4. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

I think Altuzarra would will do OK - Covid aside. My money is on him being the Inauguration designer either for Dr. Jill Biden or Kamala Harris. It can't hurt him that Kamala Harris is constantly in his suit jackets.
    Jason Wu's relevancy is receding as he does more licensing - i'm not even sure he is focused on the licensing as the designs are so basic. Proenza Scouler's fragrance tanked so i'm not sure how they are doing money wise.

Overall it does seem that American designers have fallen by the wayside.

5. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

Of course everyone is entitled to opinions but let's not lose track of the crime at hand which is sexual assault. Drinking alcohol does not make anyone an empty person any more than being interested in fashion does (an industry most of the world thinks is pretty awful) or say following a religion or spending time on internet forums and etc etc for however anyone spends their free time. There is a massive difference between people having fun on the weekends however they wish, and sexual predators like Wang. As we both clearly agree onto, drugs and alcohol are not massive modifiers of personality so no need to shift the blame here from Wang to alcohol etc - we should not be homophobic, racist OR make sweeping untrue generalisations about anyone based on our own prejudices :smile:

6. zoom

zoom Well-Known Member

As dsamg mentioned, according to that article, why would Erin O'Connor be expected to comment on the Wang situation, she walked his show once maybe?

modela and dsamg like this.
  7. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

What is going on with coverage? When it was Weber/Testino it was everywhere. Nothing from NYT, Vogue, The Cut, The Guardian? Is everyone scared of him?

modela, Fashuun90s and Benn98 like this.
  8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I'm really quite amazed at American mainstream media. Nothing from their main newspapers. So far InStyle is the only fashion magazine who reported on it and part of the reason may be that they don't have strong ties with him. Same applies to WWD, who always try to be unbalanced. The rest like Fashionista and Business of Fashion are not posting about it, but I can't say I'm shocked. They've always cherry-picked which stories they report on. Don't expect to read any form of criticism on Virgil on these sites.

Nothing from Vogue, Elle, Bazaar, neither the UK editions (he has 2 stores here). So much for the 'Vogue Values', they keep banging on about. :rolleyes: It's not even as if they're on leave because they're posting on Pierre Cardin's death.

Someone must be hard at work behind the scenes. Begging them to hold on the stories until the investigation is complete, which is highly unethical in journalism.

dsamg likes this.
  9. theBlueRider

Some people are calling out Derek Blasberg for being an enabler. Also, Zoe Kravitz, Kaia, Hailey, Bella and then the irrelevant girls like Lexi, Binx, Catherine McNeil, Issa etc. Even Karlie because she is bff with Derek and shows up to parties with him. So many people are quiet all of a sudden. It also sounds like the public wants to know how far and long did people know about this and hold all of them accountable.

modela and Benn98 like this.
  10. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

11. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

I have a feeling a LOT of fashion designers will be watching this unfold knowing full well they could be next in line. If AW gets off scott-free then I feel like many others will too.

Unfortunately AW does raise a good point in his "apology" that Diet Prada and sh*t Model Management are not reputable outlets and in fact they are incredibly bias and have an agenda. Plus I really doubt the people who run these accounts even consider doing any kind of investigatory research into the claims. They get a few DMs from people and post them immediately without vetting them. This should be left up to actual authorities and experts...not an Instagram account. One false or misleading claim and the entire thing falls apart incredibly easily from a legal standpoint. This will work in his favour massively in any kind of criminal or civil proceeding.

FelipeV, RedSmokeRise, KayKei and 8 others like this.
  12. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

Agree with this totally and to the credit of the major publications, quite a few are asking people to come forward with stories and it does seem that for all these DMs, no one is willing to speak to the press? This will make it hard for the story to gain real traction.

entten likes this.
  13. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Well-Known Member

Derek Blasburg seems to be dragged in some of these comments on Wang posts. Had never heard anything previously.

tapenerd likes this.
  14. Mathewthew

Mathewthew Active Member

I've been to "fashion after show parties" a few times before.
    I would say people get touchy after a few drinks and everyone is scouting in the room.
    I didn't follow everyone, but you can sense it when the bar is packed with young models.

YohjiAddict and Lola701 like this.
  15. theBlueRider

What do you mean by "scouting" in the room at after parties?

16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I find your comment interesting and relevant because I think this is not so much about Wang than about the culture of After Shows parties. I’ve been to endless after shows parties and I clearly saw a big gap between those held by big brands or major designers and those held by smaller, independents or younger designers.
    Nobody can be surprised about the allegations about Wang because, even if he is not guilty, the culture of Afterparties he has been into is really about the unapologetic heavy club, underground, sweaty and sexual part.
    It wasn’t your after party with the CEO, the president, the owner and the board members in the room.

But I think unfortunately, in the fashion industry, people assume that coming and being there means you know the deal and are ok to play along. Some people may act like they play along when in fact they aren’t comfortable at all.

Marc Jacobs Fashion parties were wild and fun. The same can be said about the Caten brothers. They are really what their brand is all about. But I don’t want this to be a witch hunter...

I think this Wang affair will change the relationship between male models and gay men in the fashion industry as a whole but I sometimes felt like straight men sometimes loved the attention gay men gave them and where often willing to play the « seduction » game or laugh and all. This makes me wonder if it’s the laughs are uncomfortable...

The fashion industry is such a weird industry in the sense that all the actors have so much proximity and familiarity. This is something that does not happen in others industries (except entertainment related) that are much more corporates.

17. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

Some wealthy old men going to fashion shows and after parties because they try finding young wife/girlfriend and she has to be model.

modela, Benn98 and Lola701 like this.
  18. lookieloo

lookieloo Member

Doesn't even have to be an after party. They be scouting on set or backstage.

modela and tapenerd like this.
  19. Mathewthew

Mathewthew Active Member

I mean it's more "Looking for the night" situation and you can see it from they are scanning the whole room.

modela likes this.
  20. magsaddict

magsaddict Well-Known Member

It's likely they reached out to a number of models who worked with him and Erin's agent was the only one to give a semi official response so they published it. It's kind of the journalist signalling that they did make some effort to try and reach out to well-known models.

dsamg likes this.