Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Asked & Answered: What Is Your Dream Vacation?

Yes, the fashion set has many a glam vacation on the horizon. But what if they could go anywhere?

By WWD Staff on July 20, 2018
Virgil Abloh: “In my head, Africa, I’d love to see it all; it’s possible in a lifetime.”

Olivier Rousteing: “I’ve been thinking about summer beaches in Japan. Yeah, I would love to go. I’m just obsessed with going there and I’ve never been. I’m into daring more in my personal life.”

Giorgio Armani: “The ideal vacation starts on my boat, called Maìn. I love the cruising rhythm so much, with every activity perfectly scheduled — it gives me a pleasant sense of continuity and certainty. When I’m on the Maìn, the key [mantra] is ‘forget everything.’ And then I cannot miss Pantelleria: my home away from home. A dark rock in the middle of the blue sea. It’s an island which at the first sight I felt stark and spare, but which then enchanted me. I can really relax there and recharge to happily go back to Milan, keen to start working again.”

Donatella Versace: “Every summer I try to pick a new destination. I normally never go to the same place, because, considered my personality, I would get bored soon. In general, I like to go to sea destinations because I love to lie in the sun and I find them more relaxing. In August, I really feel like relaxing to be back in September with a fresh mind, new ideas and new inspirations….I travel a lot for work, but every summer I like to visit new places and learn something new, which can enrich me and make me discovering new realities.”

Michael Kors: “Any place with turquoise water, no shoes, no news.”

Dakota Fanning: “The dream is the Maldives. I think it’s so beautiful and very quiet and there are the little huts out on the water on stilts and I want that!”

Silvia Venturini Fendi: “I can sound boring, but I always go to the same place, because I have a summer house which is on a very little island that is called Ponza. It’s a very nice place, I have a family house there; it’s kind of chaotic and busy because the family is growing so much so it’s a kind of working more than a vacation. But it’s very nice because I play the housewife and mother, grandmother, so I enter in another kind of reality. It’s a beautiful island. It’s very calm — you can detox from everything — and the sea is one of the most beautiful seas in the world to me. It’s a very simple life.”

Veronica Etro: “I have gone to Ibiza with my family, as we have a family house there, for 25 years, since I was in my teen years. I like the internationality of the island, where different styles and cultures cohabit, its energy and its hidden places in the countryside, where I can freely live on the beach and the beautiful sea, and it’s also near the Formentera island.”

Rolf Snoeren: “Hawaii. There’s something in Hawaii where I feel that my skin and the sea and the air and everything has the same temperature. And I only have it in Hawaii. It’s just amazing.”

Massimo Giorgetti: “Mediterranean…Italy…Liguria, Tigullio Gulf, Portofino, Camogli and Zoagli. Why? To enjoy a piece of this Italy which, in this adult age of my life, I’m finally falling in love with.”

Martha Hunt: “Ibiza — I’m so embarrassed I haven’t been there. I’m a dork for not having been to Ibiza.”

Anna Sui: “Tahiti is the ultimate tropical paradise. I love the lush foliage and glorious profusion of flowers, the clarity and color of the water, the otherworldly beauty of its people…and the black pearls!”

Nina Dobrev: “My dream vacation for the summer would be Europe. I would love to go to France. I feel like a croissant right now. If there was a croissant that passed by I’d definitely take a bite.”

Emmy Rossum: “Greece. I like Mykonos.”

January Jones: “We’re going to go to Spain later this summer. I’ve never been there and I’m excited about that. That’s been a dream of mine.”

Inès de la Fressange: “My dream destination is a country I know quite well now, which is India.”

Source: WWD.com

Poor guy! But I'm sure he's covered, which is probably why he's making light of it.

TWO OF PHILIPP PLEIN’S STORES GOT ROBBED AND HE IS LIVING FOR IT
written by Charles Manning July 19, 2018

On July 17, Philipp Plein’s Knokke flagship store in Belgium was broken into by three criminals who smashed in the main door and stole thousands of dollars in merchandise.

unnamed-4.jpg

Philipp Plein’s Knokke store in Belgium following the break-in. (Philipp Plein)

Then, last night (July 18), Plein’s London store on Bond Street was also hit.

Philipp-Plein-london.jpg

Philipp Plein’s Bond Street store in London after the break-in. (Philipp Plein)

Most people would be upset by such a violation, not to mention the loss of income from the inevitable closures while the shops are refitted with new doors and merchandise. But not Plein. On the contrary, he kind of seems to be living for it. He even posted security footage of the robbers at work on his Instagram feed with the hashtag #PPFanLove.

According to a press release, once inside the stores the robbers went straight for the newest fall pieces, which had only recently arrived and were already beginning to sell out.

Investigations are currently under way in Belgium and the UK to find the culprits. Thankfully, both stores were closed at the time of the break-ins, so no one was around to be hurt or traumatized by the incidents.

Source: Fashionweekdaily.com

It never ceases to amaze me how most of these people who work in one of the most creative industries can choose the same three overrated vacation destinations year after year.

It never ceases to amaze me how most of these people who work in one of the most creative industries can choose the same three overrated vacation destinations year after year.

Seriously! Lol. Just shows you how basic they really are. The world is too big for me to repeat holidays in a specific destination, or maybe it's an age thing. I cannot for the love of God understand why Thom Browne would go to Lake Como every August.

Love your new avatar! LMAO. Is it Donna Karan?

Are we sure it's aimed at Chiara, or MGC? Just joking, lol. But at this stage I'm so desentisized by Stefano and his revolting ways that I just groan every time I see his name in a headline. Which btw, is not ok because it normalise this sort of behaviour.

How is it possible that nobody famous enough is calling him on his BS? I'm heading over to Helen Mirren's thread, she better not be wearing their corny dresses anymore!

Oh wow ... I didn't recognize him :ninja: When your surgeon is making you look like an ancient Stefano Gabbana, it's time to think ...

I assumed this was a funeral before I read the caption.

I just read the article. Definitely a patronising clickbait title for sure. The NYT Fashion Twitter posts are really inconsistent. Some resemble proper Twitter posts with relevant and professional titles while other tweets have these immature titles and poor, unprofessional grammar.
Clearly NYT Fashion needs to have ONE person do their social media to keep it consistent AND professional.

Inside V Magazine’s Unpaid Internship Program

Theo Wayt
Sep 21

Interns speak out about questionable treatment at one of New York’s leading independent women’s fashion magazines.

Angela, a fan of both high-end apparel and Instagram, attended college in New York City largely because she wanted to intern at Seventeen or Cosmopolitan. “I wanted to do straight up fashion,” she says. (Names in this piece have been changed at the request of subjects concerned about employment.) A year into school, as Angela was preparing to apply for unpaid internships at the two renowned women’s magazines, Hearst, their parent company, announced it was restricting its internship program, eliminating some unpaid internship positions and changing others to paid writing fellowships — essentially temporary staff positions — for graduates. Angela was no longer eligible.

Hearst had changed its program amid a class-action lawsuit from former unpaid interns who claimed they had performed valuable work without educational benefit at a for-profit institution, which would entitle them to minimum wage under federal and state law. A judge sided with Hearst on appeal in 2017, but Condé Nast, their industry rival, was not so lucky. In a similar class-action suit settled in 2014, the publisher of Vogue, Vanity Fair, and others famously paid out $5.8 million to former interns while facing nasty press coverage, like the 2013 New York Post headline, “Condé Nast intern: ‘I cried myself to sleep.’” Condé Nast then transitioned to a paid fellowship program too.

With the two largest fashion publishers ruled out, “I freaked the f*ck out,” Angela says. Following an advisor’s recommendation to look into independent magazines, she found V magazine, which advertises its unpaid positions to New York University and New School students.

V boasts 1.5 million Instagram followers and has been called “‘The Establishment’ among indie fashion titles” by New York Magazine’s The Cut. Its glossy covers have featured everyone from Beyoncé and Mariah Carey to Marc Jacobs and Lady Gaga. V’s immense following, celebrity bona fides, and lack of Hearst or Conde Nast-style corporate oversight allow the magazine to rely heavily on free labor from starstruck, résumé-conscious undergrads trying to enter the field. (V did not reply to repeated requests for comment, but we’ll update if they do.)

“A legal unpaid internship is not designed to come up with a product usable to the employer,” says William Martucci, an attorney and law professor specializing in employment law. But over a series of interviews in April and May with five former V interns, NYU Local found that unpaid interns consistently perform work essential to V’s operation, often finding themselves in unexpected roles.

Once Angela joined V as an intern, she began coming to the magazine’s SoHo office three or four days a week while attending college full-time, then five days a week during summer break. V’s supervisors were known to be demanding — another former intern says she skipped class multiple times when her supervisor needed help, and four said they were asked to come in outside of agreed-upon hours.

After several months at V, Angela’s supervisors gave her a role independently producing content for the magazine’s website, and extended privileges not afforded other interns. One intern who worked at V with Angela during this period told NYU Local, “Angela wasn’t an intern. She was an unpaid employee.”

According to Angela, several V staff members also agreed she was more than an intern. “About a year in, some of the editors and my friends were like, ‘you need to get paid, you’re on staff,’” she says. But when interns brought up the subject of payment, managing editor Nancy Gillen would quickly rebut them saying, interns don’t get paid.

Angela ended up spending almost half her time in college working unpaid at V. “It’s crazy when I look back on it,” she says. “It toughened me up.” When told about Angela’s situation, Martucci, the labor lawyer, said, “In most circumstances, this would have to be a paid internship because the person is doing work that is just like anyone else that works at the same enterprise.”

Jane, another former V intern still in the industry, recalls being offered a similar unpaid position after having been a regular V intern for several months. She refers to the role as a “pseudo-job,” because her supervisor refused to give it a title. “It was an unpaid, consistent position, considered higher than intern,” Jane says. “With respect, an email, and a desk.” (In addition to personal emails, Jane says assigned desks are also withheld from regular interns, who typically worked in common areas.)

Jane’s supervisor requested eight stories per week in exchange for this new, unpaid position, according to emails reviewed by NYU Local. After Jane expressed interest in the role, however, she says her supervisor denied that their conversation in which she’d offered the role had ever taken place. “She didn’t want me to out her,” Jane says, and implies that her supervisor knew she was skirting the law.

The New York State Department of Labor lists 11 legal guidelines for unpaid internships at for-profit institutions. Among the rules, based on state and federal law: “The intern does not perform the routine work of the business on a regular basis,” “If interns receive the same level of supervision as the employer’s regular workers, it suggests an employment relationship,” and “Any benefit to the employer must be merely incidental.”

The degree of independence V supervisors gave Angela and promised Jane as unpaid interns may violate these guidelines, as may the interns’ role in producing online content vital to operations.

As part of these guidelines, the New York Department of Labor also forbids interns from performing clerical work. Emily, another former V intern, calls it “b*tch work.” She claims she was less favored than interns like Angela and Jane, and was therefore assigned menial tasks.

“I had to meet Stephen Gan’s very specific needs,” Emily says, referring to V’s editor-in-chief. Every day she was at V, Emily says she was sent to Dean & Deluca, where she would call Gan’s assistant and list the upscale grocery’s daily selection of soups. If the editor-in-chief didn’t want any of those soups, Emily would then go to another store or restaurant and repeat the process, making sure to pick up Gan a bottle of Evian water en-route. Emily would also run to Cha Cha Matcha prior to Gan’s meetings to fetch him tea.

When Gan didn’t need her, Emily says she spent much of the rest of her time delivering magazines throughout the city using a supervisor’s MetroCard, though she says other unpaid interns had to cover their own subway and taxi fares.

“The only positive thing about V was that I met a lot of great friends,” Emily says. “But otherwise, I only learned how to run errands quickly.” Another intern says the only thing she learned was how to package mail. Both unpaid interns say they performed clerical work, which would be done legally by paid interns or administrative staff.

The willingness of V interns to do valuable work for free reflects a larger dilemma facing students interested in media. Employers consider an applicant’s internships more important than their college major, GPA, or extracurricular activities, according to a 2012 Chronicle of Higher Education study, yet internships at big-name publishers like Hearst and Condé Nast are becoming less accessible or nonexistent. This can lead undergrads to take unpaid positions at publications with lower labor standards.

“You do wonder if eliminating unpaid internships dries up opportunities for some folks,” says Martucci. “But on the other hand, employers only need to pay a really modest amount.”

Correction: September 26, 2018

An earlier version of this article included potentially identifying information. It has been updated to protect sources’ anonymity.

Want to tell us about your internship experience? Email [email protected]

Source: Nyulocal.com

I feel for them ! I interned at a jewelry company in Paris recently and I was doing vital work for the company. If I weren't there, there wouldn't be anyone to do my job. I quit after two months; I couldn't take it anymore.
Internships are vital for us and they take advantage of us, I don't understand the logic behind it...

I feel for them ! I interned at a jewelry company in Paris recently and I was doing vital work for the company. If I weren't there, there wouldn't be anyone to do my job. I quit after two months; I couldn't take it anymore.
Internships are vital for us and they take advantage of us, I don't understand the logic behind it...

Sorry to hear that, Lax! I don't understand it either, but I must say around the time of the CN lawsuit, a common refrain in the office I used to work at was 'we'll be extremely busy in the coming weeks, can xyz please line up interns?' It's as though the core of having an intern went out of the window ages ago.

But what I find more annoying is the mentality of 'b!tch work.' This, from what I can gather, is a form of passive aggressive punishment. We can't abuse you, so we'll just have you do the most menial tasks, like delivering magazines and memorising tea menus. What life skills are they reaping from this?? This girl will go onto her next job with the V mag stint on her CV, yet with zero insight into how magazines run. That for me is disgustingly unethical!

Sorry to hear that, Lax! I don't understand it either, but I must say around the time of the CN lawsuit, a common refrain in the office I used to work at was 'we'll be extremely busy in the coming weeks, can xyz please line up interns?' It's as though the core of having an intern went out of the window ages ago.

But what I find more annoying is the mentality of 'b!tch work.' This, from what I can gather, is a form of passive aggressive punishment. We can't abuse you, so we'll just have you do the most menial tasks, like delivering magazines and memorising tea menus. What life skills are they reaping from this?? This girl will go onto her next job with the V mag stint on her CV, yet with zero insight into how magazines run. That for me is disgustingly unethical!

Right ?? What are they going to say about what they did in future interviews ? That's enraging a little bit.
But a good thing, at least in France, is that you sign a 3-way contract with the school, the company and yourself, and if this contract is not respected (working more hours than specified or daily tasks not those on the contract), you can terminate the internship immediately and the school will have your back.

*dramatic facepalm!*

This entire interview is a MESS! Lol.

Yet I would actually buy his memoir because Elgort to me sounds like one of those clueless straight men who often run his mouth about other people unintentionally. And the type who would give r*pists, murderers, embezzlers a pass only because they seemed 'nice.' :rolleyes:

Arthur Elgort Talks About His New ‘Jazz’ Book and a Lifelong Career in Fashion
Having trained under Gus Peterson, Elgort defined his own work with a breakout snapshot style shoot for British Vogue in 1971.
By Rosemary Feitelberg on October 12, 2018

Still at it after 60 years, Arthur Elgort has had an industrious week, picking up a doctorate at his alma mater Hunter College, recapping his career at a “Fashion Icons” talk at 92Y and gearing up for the release of his new book “Jazz.”

One of the walls in his cavernous SoHo studio has a crossword puzzle-like montage of his innumerable subjects: Kate Moss, Karlie Kloss, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Valentino, Cindy Crawford, Anwar Sadat, Brooke Shields, and Karl Lagerfeld among them. For a New Yorker through and through, Elgort is remarkably plain-spoken about his vast portfolio.

Originally a photographer for Mademoiselle back in the magazine’s Deborah Turbeville and Sylvia Plath days, Elgort’s tenure there halted after Condé Nast Alexander Liberman rang him up to tell him, “’You’ve got to not do too well because you’re beating Vogue,’” Elgort recalls telling him. “‘I have a better idea. Why don’t you make me a Vogue photographer?’”

The 35-year union that ensued led to intercontinental shoots including shooting Nancy Kissinger in China in the Seventies — new territory for any American publication. Self-reflection is not his thing. All Elgort really wants is to frame another shot. “I love work. I’m a real photographer,” he says, shoulders shrugging in resignation. “That’s what I do. In fact, I spend most of my time doing photography. Even sometimes when I have nobody to shoot, I do myself. I get dressed up and put my camera on a tripod, and go like this [offering a slight profile.] So I’m really a photographer. That’s all.”

In 1971, Elgort helped redefine fashion photography with his snapshot-like approach. The smartphone-fueled democratization of photography hasn’t diluted appreciation for the medium. “Exceptional photographers are still exceptional but now everybody can do it. Now if you have an iPhone, you can take pictures. You can take celebrities and they come out very good,” he says. “I’m lucky to still do it because now it would be harder. Everybody has a camera now.”

His assignments pulled him to Japan, China and often out West in the U.S., but Australia and New Zealand were too far. “Now they don’t give you a week anymore. They give you two days. Magazines like Vogue don’t have the money anymore, or they say they don’t. Maybe they do,” Elgort says. “I was an editorial photographer so that means right away no money. You did it for fun. The money was better than a waiter’s, but it wasn’t much. But I enjoyed what I did. That’s the most important thing. I taught my kids that. If you don’t like it, get another job. Don’t be an office guy and say, ‘I can’t wait for my vacation.’ I enjoy every day.”

Married to Grethe Barrett Holby, their daughter Sophie is a photographer, as is their son Warren, who doubles as a filmmaker. Their other son Ansel is on the other side of the camera, as an on-the-ascent actor who will appear in Stephen Spielberg’s next flick “West Side Story.” Recognizing talent early on is a strong suit for their father, who fast-tracked Christy Turlington and Karlie Kloss’ careers. “Kate Moss was an amazing model. You couldn’t take a bad picture of her, if you tried. It was her brains,” he says, motioning toward a museum-size print of a makeup-free Moss, leaning beside an elephant in India. “She had a way about her.”

Within seconds of meeting a model, Elgort knows whether they will work together again. Mining golden models is one of his strong suits. “I’ve known Christy Turlington since she was 15. I didn’t discover her but I put her in Vogue right away. She never had to wait. Ford sent her to me and I said, ‘This girl is going to be the biggest girl you have,’ and they looked at me like I was crazy. They said, ‘We have many good girls, who are better than Christy Turlington.’ I said, ’That’s very nice.’ And I don’t remember the names of the good girls.”

While the 5’6” former dancer Dayle Haddon remains his favorite, Elgort said, “There is a new girl who could maybe xxxx x xxxxx xx xxx. Cindy Crawford’s daughter Kaia. She is very pretty and smart. I would take her anytime…I did Cindy Crawford’s first job in New York. It was when she was big in Chicago and she was afraid to come here. They told her if she went to New York, she would be finished. I said, ‘I think New York has better photographers.’ She worked with Penn, Avedon and me.”

Aside from Steven Meisel, “the best photographer now,” Elgort was hard-pressed to name younger ones. Further back Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Bruce Davidson, Henri Cartier-Bresson and Cecil Beaton are favorites. The “very quiet, but very concentrated” Penn first and foremost loved his wife Lisa Fonssagrives. “That was his prize,” Elgort said. “Penn didn’t like to be photographed. I used to get him because Phyllis [Posnick formerly of Vogue] would say, ‘Get it now.’ Penn would say, ‘You’re bad. You shouldn’t have done that. I wasn’t ready.’ I would say, ‘That’s why it’s good.’”

He also liked Avedon, who he knew, but not well. “He liked to talk about himself. He loved himself. He did great pictures especially the early stuff with Suzy Parker and Mike Nichols,” Elgort says. After switching from dance photography to fashion, Elgort learned the ropes from Gösta “Gus” Peterson. “He taught me not to worry, which I never did anyway. And enjoy yourself, go to lunch and have herring as much as you can. Also what was good about Gus Peterson was he was very natty. He dressed beautifully,” Elgort says. “He would always say, ‘That was pretty good. You can do better.’ When he went to one of my shows at Staley-Wise, he said, ‘You’re really getting good. Do I have anything to do about it?’ I said, ‘Of course, without you…’”

Regarding the numerous allegations of sexual mistreatment waged against several well-known photographers, Elgort was even-keeled. “I think a lot of them are phony. Maybe some of them are real. I’m not with them so I don’t know. But there are a lot of allegations now,” he says. “Mario Testino is a good photographer. He had some problems too and isn’t working for Vogue anymore. He’s the nicest guy you could meet. Do I know his habits or what he likes? No.”

Elgort continues, “My son is a movie star and he worked with that very famous actor Kevin Spacey who got into trouble. My son worked with him a lot and they didn’t have sex. First of all, Ansel is very strong and he would have punched him in the nose and that would be that,” Elgort says. “He was a very nice guy, but if there were women around, he wouldn’t talk to them. Maybe he was fooling around. We don’t know.”

Off the clock, Elgort says he “takes pictures, mainly, and drinks wine — very good wine. I like movies but I don’t like to go to movie houses and sit there with people I don’t know. It’s boring, that’s all. But I’ll go to my son’s movies because I have to. And I like to see what he does. I’ve seen a few movies where he was very good, I was surprised. Now he’s doing ‘West Side Story’ with Steven Spielberg, who is a good director. It’s not a junky job.”

Alluding to the reported disconnect between Anna Wintour and Donald Trump, Elgort suggests putting the first lady on the cover of Vogue was “a good idea because it would sell.” Shortly after Melania Trump married Donald Trump, Elgort went to Mar-a-Lago. “She is a very nice woman, very nice. I must say she was so polite and on time. She couldn’t have been nicer. But she married this guy named Donald Trump who is an idiot, I think,” Elgort says.

In the Eighties, he shot Leonard Bernstein’s passport photo at the famed conductor’s request. In Houston for a performance of “A Quiet Place,” Bernstein mentioned to Elgort’s choreographer wife Grethe that he heard her beloved was a photographer, and a pretty good one. Not a fan of passport offices, he asked the couple to make a house call in his hotel room. “We had to wake him up. He liked to stay up until 5 in the morning just drinking and talking with five or so friends, talking about the next things they were going to do,” Elgort says. “I loved Leonard Bernstein, because I used to be an usher at Carnegie Hall years ago.”

Another chance encounter was with Louis Armstrong. “He is still the best trumpet player. I met him once. But I was 10 years old and I didn’t have a camera,” Elgort says. “It was at Basin Street East, a jazz place. My father would take me there.”

During a trip on the S.S. Norway, Elgort photographed many of the jazz players featured in his new book with a Wynton Marsalis foreword. The Art Tatum-trained jazz pianist Dorothy Donegan and Dizzy Gillespie (“wonderful, funny and would light up if you had a model”) are among the subjects. A lifelong jazz enthusiast, the crossing was a dream assignment. “That was the perfect job for me, because they couldn’t go anywhere. We knew their room numbers. We’d talk to them, ask to take their pictures and before we knew it, we’d be friends forever.”

The “Jazz” author will be signing books at the Marc Jacobs-owned Bookmarc on Oct. 18. “What’s good about Bookmarc is they give you a free glass of Champagne and you don’t even have to buy the book. They don’t care,” Elgort says.

Source: WWD.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ANNA DELLO RUSSO IS A SCIENTIST NOW?

written by Charles Manning
October 9, 2018

Instituto Marangoni, which has helped train thousands of designers since its inception in 1935 — including Franco Moschino and Domenico Dolce — has named Vogue Japan creative director Anna Dello Russo its first “fashion brand ambassador and scientific director.”

The “fashion brand ambassador” part makes sense. Dello Russo is highly respected within the fashion industry and is one of the most recognizable editors in the world. She even had her own H&M collaboration at one point. Remember that? What other fashion editor can claim such an accomplishment? And she was a pioneer in the the more-is-more, a-different-look-for-every-show street style scene that flourishes to this day. The “sceintific director” part, though. That’s a bit of a head-scratcher.

“My mission is to rethink, reuse, give new life and share my experience in the fashion world with the new generations of Istituto Marangoni’s students,” Dello Russo told WWD. “The future of fashion is in the hands of young talents and I’m honored to be able to contribute to their education with ambitious yet achievable dreams and objectives.”

Cool. Cool. But, like, the science part. Where does that come in exactly? Maybe Istituto Marangoni chief executive officer Roberto Riccio can shed some light on this?

“We are proud to team up with Anna Dello Russo,” Riccio told WWD. “We believe that her prestigious career, her spontaneous ability to capture and launch the most relevant trends and her creative attitude will be key for those students who choose Istituto Marangoni to realize their dreams and ambitions.”

Right. That makes sense. But, again, “science director?” Exactly what is this part of her title based on? What does it even mean? Is it a metaphor? Is her ability to combine different clothes and accessories to make an outfit similar in some way to what a chemist does in the lab? Are we supposed to see her outfits as “experiments” of some sort? Does styling count as a science at some fashion schools? No, really. I’m asking.

Not that it matters that much. Istituto Marangoni is clearly trying to create tighter links with the fashion industry’s top players and probably worked with Dello Russo directly to find a title she liked in order to convince her to sign on. She wanted to be science director, so they made her science director. End of story. Probably. And if not, well, we’ll be sure to update you if and when we learn more.

Source: Fashionweekdaily.com

^this article made me laugh so much! I am as confused as the writer. Fashion people love having some over the top titles

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->