Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by Thread Manager, Jun 22, 2018.

1. theBlueRider

theBlueRider Active Member

All of these covers, shoots and endorsement deals that are just coming out now were actually shot last year or organized even before that. Anyone who works in fashion or media should know that. She is repped by IMG and one of the most in demand global faces so no doubt IMG has jam packed deals with her. Probably getting all of that done plus all of her other commitments is what is fueled her recent mental health struggles.

gunsnroses and tapenerd like this.
  2. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I feel the same. I have minimal knowledge of Naomi Osaka (tennis player, Japanese, makes appearances in fashion magazines because editors.. like tennis?, hates being interviewed after playing..?, and that's about it) but I did raise an eyebrow when I got the ad for her upcoming show on Netflix.. I was under the impression that she wanted less limelight, BUT... if I'm honest with myself and think hard about it, I'm not sure where I got that from :lol::glare:.. I clearly read that she suffers the press conferences AFTER each game, how did my mind (and the mind of all the other butthurt journalists) distort it into 'she wants anonymity'? I do not know lol.

To be frank these press conferences do seem awful, I've seen glimpses of the tennis ones and have seen entire ones during the World Cup and while I can't compare my amateur daily running to years of discipline and commitment to the world of sports, I just don't know how they do it, remember Nadal's leg cramp? that would be me if I was forced to go into 'business' mode right after a long workout session... and not only their body is fried from exhaustion, so is their brain from the amount of pressure cause they're competing... only to sit down with a bunch of reporters 'so you think that in maybe 4 years, when your body is no longer at top shape since you'd hardly be considered young now, you'll be able to again cross from field A to field C without stopping by field B and do another extra jump like the one from 2012 but with the stamina of the Chilean tournament in 2015?'... WHAT?! :lol:.. it's either that or 'are you friends with Oprah?' or something really inane.

The only purpose of these interviews, as someone who's all over them during the WC lol, is just to feed into the madness of the public, there's nothing that can come out of it that's not already in the schedule really..

And no, I don't think she should get off social media if she doesn't want to. I want to see these reporters being as f*cking pedantic and obnoxious with male players.. Cristiano switching up his drink is not seen as ungrateful and petty, it's applauded for his incredible power to play with the stock market with the move of a finger.. Cristiano is a phenomenon, but even when they're smaller and exhibit other diva behavior, the treatment is way different, no one asks them to give it a rest and lay low..

(this is the longest thing I've ever said about tennis and I don't even know how you score :zorro:)

3. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

For the record, not saying what Naomi should do, but what I would do if I were in her shoes ... and in fact pretty much what I do not in her shoes :lol:

Benn98 likes this.
  4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

^ sorry that was not for you or Benn!, just the idea (that is around twitter too!) that she should adjust the reaction towards her not being into these post-game press conferences.

Benn98 and fashionista-ta like this.
  5. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

In case you missed it:

What's going on with fashion darling Garance Dore?

This is a great investigative piece about style influencer turned travel influencer Garance Dore and about her worldwide travel during the Pandemic and various lockdowns and reaction to vaccines and restrictions.

fashionista-ta and tapenerd like this.
  6. fashionista-ta

^ Thanks, I actually was wondering :wink: Saw her in an old magazine and wondered why she dropped off the edge ...

Ugh. Soooo tired of people like this.

#1046 fashionista-ta, Jul 30, 2021 at 3:50 PM
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021 at 3:57 PM
  7. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I think "people like this" are also soooo tired, too.

8. fashionista-ta

^ The people crying freedom seem to be confused about what it means. Their freedom should not extend to harming me, or those more vulnerable than both of us. It appears that she has had a vast amount of privileged freedom, and yet she still complains.

I also note she has a penchant for following men around the globe.

gunsnroses, Benn98 and LostInNJ like this.
  9. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Who says that these people aren't being harmed, either? In completely different ways?

10. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Everyone is a "victim", in some way or another throughout life. It's a matter of circumstances and perspective.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Bezos believed he is a victim; of some sort.

11. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

Please enlighten us on the ways in which you think Garance Dore is being harmed. Haven't seen her in an ICU lately between all those trips, but I have many stories to share so I would love to hear her perspective.