Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

He is not really attending...He goes to the VF/Chanel thing every year and has walked the Cannes Festival RC with Diane Kruger when he designed her entire wardrobe in 2007.
By attending, i think he means going religiously and watching movies and all...

The Dior/Cotillard thing is actually real unfortunately.

So apparently Maria Grazia Chiuri dumped Marion Cotillard from Dior, leaving her to find a last minute dress for Cannes because she wants younger faces? What a class act..

CANNES: MARION COTILLARD DROPPED BY DIOR?

The French fashion icon reportedly parted ways with the fashion house just before the film fest.
Eagle-eyed fashion watchers did a double take when longtime Dior spokesperson Marion Cotillard showed up to her Cannes opening night premiere of Ismael's Ghosts in a black Jean Paul Gaultier Couture dress.

The black lace-up gown, paired with gold platforms, was a bit of an understated look from the normally shining star — especially on such a big night — but it was said to have been a last minute replacement, as she was dismissed from the house in a shocking move earlier this week.

Sources say the Cotillard was unceremoniously dropped from the brand by new creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri.

Chiuri, who took the reins of the historic house last July, reportedly wants a newer, younger face for her reimagined brand. The Italian designer has made an effort to take the house in a new, more casual direction with her “We Should All Be Feminists” T-shirt partnership with Rihanna, her denim-dominated fall collection and her recent Western-themed cruise runway show in the wilds of Calabasas.

Cotillard is said to be upset by the abrupt dismissal after a nearly decadelong relationship with the house, where she has fronted 15 campaigns since 2008.

The surprise move is also said to be causing strife between luxury conglomerate Louis Vuitton Moet Hennesey chairman Bernard Arnault and Dior CEO Sydney Toledano. LVMH recently took control of the couture house in a $13 billion deal to simplify the ownership structure.

Reps for Dior did not respond to request for comment.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-marion-cotillard-dropped-by-dior-1005385

Maria Grazia: "WE SHOULD ALL BE FEMINISTS"
also Maria Grazia: "You're too old to promote feminism so we're gonna drop your contract"

It's hilarious, in a really sad way. Fashion just can't help but to make a fool of itself, can it?

If it's true then I'm quite shocked that Maria already has this kind of influence within the company. Pretty sure Raf was abligated to work with the women that were handled to him, and Marion has been the longest Dior muse alongside Charlize with a close relationship with Sydney.

Even if she wanted a "younger face" (yuck), doesn't mean that she couldn't dress Marion any longer. It would be actually more interesting, and truly FEMINIST, for the brand to have muses from different age groups. But it seems like she's that type of "activist" who thinks that sharing some generic inspirational quote on Instagram is saving the world.

If it's true then I'm quite shocked that Maria already has this kind of influence within the company. Pretty sure Raf was abligated to work with the women that were handled to him, and Marion has been the longest Dior muse alongside Charlize with a close relationship with Sydney.

Even if she wanted a "younger face" (yuck), doesn't mean that she couldn't dress Marion any longer. It would be actually more interesting, and truly FEMINIST, for the brand to have muses from different age groups. But it seems like she's that type of "activist" who thinks that sharing some generic inspirational quote on Instagram is saving the world.

That is what I was wondering and why would it cause strife between him and Bernard? Was he vouching for her and Bernard wanted her out?

Also, dropping a woman who has just had a baby is not a good look. Classless.

This is gonna cause a lot of backlash. Honestly, Dior sucks now. Marion is better off.

I don't think that Marion have anything to gain from Dior now, besides money of course, but this probably isn't a issue to a actress like her. There is some many brands that she can work with if she wanted... Prada, Armani, Valentino, Chanel... Brands that can really do a real fashion conversation thru her image.

He is not really attending...He goes to the VF/Chanel thing every year and has walked the Cannes Festival RC with Diane Kruger when he designed her entire wardrobe in 2007.
By attending, i think he means going religiously and watching movies and all...

Yes, maybe "attend" is not the right word. My first language isn't english, so I'm sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is indeed interesting. Is Dior so desperate to be relevant that they'd follow this new prophet's directions whereas in the past they preferred to hold control themselves? And are they too blind to see how sad the Dior woman is starting to look with those second hand tired dresses from the Valentino collections?

If that news of Dior dropping Marion is true, that is not okay! Promoting feminism and you drop a mother of a new daughter? :angry:

Chen Man can stand that place imo, she actually is more experienced than Mert & Marcus. Just because for the longest time she only works in Beijing, it's hard for publishers outside of China to work with.

that's a good point, i think right now it's a small group of names in high end fashion photography, some of whom are great although a lot are really mediocre, and it would be frustrating to see them getting all the best jobs while you're stuck with a few clients.

Vetements Is a No-Show—Demna Gvasalia Announces He’s Stepping Away from the Fashion Show System
Sarah Mower's picture
JUNE 2, 2017 1:01 AM
by SARAH MOWER

In a year when the carousel of fashion shows is spinning at blur-speed, there’s breaking news that will stop the industry in its tracks today: Vetements is stepping off. “We are not going to show in the classical system any more,” Demna Gvasalia told Vogue. “I got bored. I think it needs to enter a new chapter. Fashion shows are not the best tool. We did the show in the sex club, the restaurant, the church. We brought forward the season, we showed men’s and women’s together. It’s become repetitive and exhausting. We will do something when there’s the time and the need for it. It will be more like a surprise.”

Gvasalia delivered his news during a phone conversation from Zurich, Switzerland, where he and his brother Guram moved the Vetements studio and staff after the last show in Paris. “I completely changed the lifestyle. I stopped the clubby, Parisian way I’ve been living for the past few years. Zurich is a kind of nature paradise, and it’s probably the most boring place in Europe.” That’s great, he says, for thinking and slowing down the manic pace fashion people get trapped in, working in big cities. Nobody in fashion has gone as fast as Vetements in the past few years. Driving their brand head-on into the revved-up universe of social media, the Gvasalia brothers are poster boys for instant and direct communication, the people who have succeeded in engaging a whole generation of fanatical fans and converted establishment grownups while they’re at it.

That they’re also the first ones to detach themselves from the over-stimulated, over-crowded, non-stop show system is less a renegade action than an epiphany, Gvasalia says. Rather than just being another stunt in Vetements’s four-year sprint of novelty interventions—as some might suspect—the brothers are putting on the brakes to prioritize intelligent business development and mental health. “It’s like we’re putting Vetements into an artificial coma,” Gvasalia chuckles. “It’s like we’ve got this big baby, and we’ve got to take care of it. In five years, it’s gone so fast, it started to become something else. I want to bring it back to where we started. No more oversize hoodies any more! We’re independent. We can do what we choose. That’s the beauty of Vetements.”

Fast growth may be the ultimate dream goal of corporate fashion in the era of global consumption, but the Gvasalias—amongst rising numbers of others caught up in it—are increasingly questioning its machinery. For one thing, the costs of staging multiple shows every year have become ever more unsustainable for young designers. “For the first time last season, I was able to watch our own show from a balcony,” Gvasalia reflects. “I could see everybody filming it on their screens. I realized that 80 percent of the clothes we did were not really seen or understood. And it cost so much. You cannot put on a show for less than 25,000 euros. That one cost in the region of 100,000 euros, with the venue. And there are brands now putting on shows around the world which cost millions. I think it’s a complete waste.”

Not that Vetements is withdrawing from producing collections. “Yes, there will be a collection every season, of course,” Gvaslia says. “At the end of June, we will have it in our showroom in Paris. I’m going to have a young band from Vienna playing at the opening event, but that’s it.” No doubt about it, the Vetements no-show will magnetize as much attention as a Vetements show-show. In the time of social media—and the Gvasalias are experts at it—low-cost viral publicity for a brand as hot as theirs makes itself. Back in Zurich, it sounds like the Vetements team are percolating long-term ideas which, eventually, might have the potential to rock the busy-busy, antiquated fashion world back on its heels. “I would like to work with people in Silicon Valley. I want to work with concepts. It’s high time for all that, in 2017. There is a project I am working on for next year. I don’t know when it will be ready, but when we do we will have an event.”

Meantime, Gvasalia has arrived at a point where he’s feeling clearer and happier about what he’s doing than ever. “Maybe it’s Swiss optimism!” he says. “I have a very healthy lifestyle now in order to function and be lucid. I do spend a lot of time alone, and I meditate. I’ve started running, and ideas come. You can’t force the unconscious to perform. The most important thing is to stay sane and human. I keep saying that to Guram, the most important thing now is that we must enjoy what we do. Luckily, we’re independent. That’s the joy of Vetements.”

Source: http://www.vogue.com/article/vetements-steps-away-from-fashion-shows?mbid=social_facebook_vr

I thought it was a very good news lol

They thought they're the iconoclasts who break the system or make some kind of revolution but all they're doing is just useless gimmick. I still can't digest their "fashion" and influence. Just can't.

I thought it was a very good news lol

They thought they're the iconoclasts who break the system or make some kind of revolution but all they're doing is just useless gimmick. I still can't digest their "fashion" and influence. Just can't.

agree with you ! Very happy to not see their useless, ugly fashion shows anymore. Now waiting for Kering to have their senses back and fire both Demna and Lotta :mrgreen:

Well, I'm glad he's found his inner peace in "the most boring place in Europe"

Not too sure this will change anything. You just know the press will still eat up their presentations. :lol:

"Radical. Revolutionary. Rule-Breaking!"
"7 Ways Vetements is changing the face of fashion this season!"

It say Dior wanted someone younger.
Marion is basically dead at 41. I mean that's the age women can buy the clothes independently. Far far too old for their ads.
How old will the next face be? Maybe 15? No still too old. 6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->