Elle September 2007 : Lindsay Lohan

Dieselmax

Reaction score
I've just read that...

Lindsay Lohan’s arraignment on Aug. 24 for driving under the influence last month isn’t the only place we’ll be seeing the starlet at the end of the summer.
I’ve learned that the rehabbing about-to-turn-21 actress will appear on newsstands at the same time of the court date, because she's landed herself the much coveted September cover of Elle magazine.
I’m told the Elle photo shoot may have taken place just days before Lohan entered rehab.
No word on whether the interview accompanying the photos took place before or during Lohan’s rehab. The magazine is said to have gone to the printer sometime this week.
The September issue is a coup for Lohan. September issues of women’s magazines tend to be their biggest of the year because of heavy advertising from fashion houses promoting their new collections.
It’s also a repeat performance for Lohan. She appeared on last year’s September cover of Elle, too.
I’m told that issue was a huge success, due in part to the publicity surrounding the Lohan story. Lohan claimed in that story she was working on traveling to Iraq to entertain the troops during a trip overseas with Sen. Hillary Clinton.
And just in case you're wondering, the trip never happened.

eonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i reAD that it was supposed to be sarah jessica parker.i guess not.
hopefully,since it's the first issue under new direction,the cover and editoral wouldnt be as bad as it was with her last ed

Don't mind the idea - it'll make the magazine newsworthy, in terms of the battle for publicity, and who knows, they may do something great with her.

I wasn't crazy for her last US Elle cover, but I did like the cover that UK Elle came up with, using one of the images from that editorial (red sequinned top). So I hold out some hope.

the only reason i'm looking forward to this is to see what joe zee has in store for her...

SJP is the august issue.

i think its a big risk to put her on the cover. i think there is major lindsay lohan fatigue going on.

Well this is aggravating. I had high hopes for Elle's September issue what with it being Joe Zee's first official issue at the helm but now :innocent: well we'll see. Perhaps the editorial content will save the unfortunate cover choice.

It'll sell well :lol: It'll sell better if Paris was on the cover with a jail article :P

Oh god, I would buy it anyway for the ads. I may complain about celebs on the cover but that doesn't stop me from buying them :lol:

I just hope that Joe Zee takes Us ELLE in a totally new and fresh direction,it badly needs it.No more Giles Bensimone and enough with that crazy text r*ping their cover subjects. :ninja:

Boycott comes to mind. I'm so sick of celebutantes. :sick: By then, she may be in jail, though. They can always slap another layer on the cover - of iron bars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->