Givenchy Bids Adieu to Couture Runway

They have clearly realised that, as the vast majority of the money has fallen into the hands of (read, been stolen by!) a very small percentage of the population (read bankers!), the best way to exploit this situation is to go back to the times when a few super-wealthy clients were pandered to on an individual basis.

Very depressing sign of the times...

I definitely have to agree with the one who said this is just because they want to save money. I don't believe anymore it's going to be more expensive, and of course the reason of giving up runway shows is not bringing back exclusiveness to couture ( :lol: :rolleyes: -_- :ermm: ).

phew

at least they're still doing presentation

MY HEART STOPPED YA'LL!

MINE TOO OMG. i thought that they would stop doing couture...
i'm glad that they're doing a presentation. it gives people time to see every detail, and more time to analyze the piece. but, as someone said before, motion is very important so idk. i just hope we get to see the pieces and the photos.

i'm sure i will be surprised...i hope it will be amazing :wink:

This news is shocking. It is almost like when YSL announcing not doing couture! It blows!

I'm not worried with Givenchy :evil:, I still have Christian Dior, Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier and Valentino.

Goodbye Givenchy you is poor. (Presentation are also poor and cheap) :smartass::lol:

Yeah we still have Dior,Valentino,Chanel and Gaultier
Of course Givenchy was a big part of the whole couture buzz,but thankfully we still have a lot of other amazing shows

We are not losing Givenchy Couture its just going back to the way he showed it in Fw 2005 and SS 2006 which was amazing

Hey, don't you remembrer the interview to Riccardo Tisci and Marina Abramovic?

RT: It’s about emotions, which is what I feel everything I do needs to be about; giving and getting emotions, and when I can’t sense that any more in this job, I think I will stop. The funny thing is, when I started my career I always did installations or performance pieces, and only when I got to Givenchy and all the critics kept saying they had to see the clothes move did I do the full runway, which I had always thought made girls look like robots.

The first couture collections by Riccardo by Givenchy where exactly this way, and I think they were far more suggestive than simple catwalking.
I think this is the true reason of giving up runway shows, and the next season could be a first attempt to do something special and unusual.

RT: I think Marina could open the door to that for a whole generation. And then, next, I want her to art-direct a fashion show for me.

MA: I want to train models to walk a different way. I –

RT: Don’t tell!

Anyway the next presentations will be held at the Givenchy couture salons (I think Givenchy atelier is a gourgeous setting in simple art nouveau style...) and will feature mini Catwalk shows too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->