Height / How tall are you? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have ye been to Zara, land of the scarily long-legged? They seem to make trousers in 34" inside leg as STANDARD. That's more than most men take.

saad said:
i know i keep saying this over and over but man...are you lucky to be tall!!!! i would do anything....ANYTHING to grow a few more inches on me! (stop laughing!)

im still 5'8....maybe 5'9 with my sneakers on

Haha, im exactly like you... Except I'm 16.

PS- Does your armspan have anything to do with height? I heard your armspan should be around the same as your height when an adult. My armspan is 5'11, and I am only 5'7.5 .... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 5'9 with flats on and today some girl from school called me short. She's 5'10½ herself. How stupid is that :lol:

if your only short then i must be disabled im only 5" 2 1/2 (yes the half an inch does matter lol :smile: )
I hate being short im one of the shortest in the year. I get called little becky as the are 5 beckys in my year so im known as the little 1. I get called little munchkin by my mother, then she sings the unmpalumpa song at me then people wonder y i have a complaex about my height lol. I would love to be alot taller but *sigh* im not gonna grow am i ??

Ive been told by the school nurse (ok not the best source lol b ut ne ways), she said im not going to grow any more :( :cry:

My mom stopped growing in 5th grade. But, she was also 5'8" in 5th grade! haha!... I think it all depends on genes... I still get growing pains in my legs from time to time.

My dad is 6'4" so it is very possible that I could get to 6 feet. My feet sure haven't stopped growing, :lol:

PrinceOfCats said:
Have ye been to Zara, land of the scarily long-legged? They seem to make trousers in 34" inside leg as STANDARD. That's more than most men take.

I need to go to Zara more often then... I usually need 36" or (in a perfect world) 37", but they don't tend to make those lengths very much. :cry:

I am *suppose* to be 5'7 but for the last few years i havent grown, I'm still 5'1!

TourniquetMX said:

PS- Does your armspan have anything to do with height? I heard your armspan should be around the same as your height when an adult. My armspan is 5'11, and I am only 5'7.5 .... :unsure:

god i hope its true!

tiamaria said:
if your only short then i must be disabled im only 5" 2 1/2 (yes the half an inch does matter lol :smile: )
I hate being short im one of the shortest in the year. I get called little becky as the are 5 beckys in my year so im known as the little 1. I get called little munchkin by my mother, then she sings the unmpalumpa song at me then people wonder y i have a complaex about my height lol. I would love to be alot taller but *sigh* im not gonna grow am i ??

Ive been told by the school nurse (ok not the best source lol b ut ne ways), she said im not going to grow any more :( :cry:
Who'll say? You have not even turned 16 yet, so there's still so much room for you to grow! I've heard so many stories (as you can read them in this topic too) about people who weren't that tall and then all of the sudden shot up to 5'7 or so. A girl from Elite barely came up to 5'4 two years ago (14/15), now she's almost 5'11 (OUCH!), just to give another example :P
If it's not gonna happen you'll have to find a way to live with it, everyone has his little disabilities as I call them. Eventually you'll get used to it and be ok with who you are, no more, no less :flower:

PrinceOfCats said:

I take 36" inseam. Can you believe Levi's here only carry 32"????

TourniquetMX said:

Hmm....that means I'm supposed to be 5'10" as an adult. Only one more inch to go! :P

Wow, how tall are all you crazy 36" inseam people? I was about 1/3 of an inch of 6' last time I checked and I only take 33"...

Men have itty bitty teeny weeny legs compared to women. Haha that sketched a pathetic, infantile image in my head, but it was funny B)

PrinceOfCats said:
Wow, how tall are all you crazy 36" inseam people? I was about 1/3 of an inch of 6' last time I checked and I only take 33"...

I always thought men had longer torsos in comparison to women though, do they not?

I'm 5'11&1/2" and still growing although not as fast. I always grow more during summer vacation (more sleep)... I'm hoping to hit 6'2" but I don't care all that much. My current 'Wingspan' is 6'1. My inseam is 34" at the moment.

I have only prooven the 'wingspan' theory with 2 adults. Both height and wingspan were the same, or off by less than an inch.

I am 1.70 m at the moment.. I hope I'll grow up a little bit... :wink:

PrinceOfCats said:
I'm pretty sure that men have shorter legs and longer upper bodies (on average) compared to women. Anyways, I'm 5'9" and 1/2 now, but I don't understand, because only two-three months ago, I was 5'8". Is it normal/healthy to grow an inch in that amount of time? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->