Jeans Tucked Into Boots

People in NY where this year after year..I never knew it was a trend.
We do it, to show off our boots and also to avoid mopping up the streets.

I love this look! It's really pratical and shows off your boots =)

kathyjeanc said:
i love this look, but it's sad that it's being played out because so many people are doing it. i also think that this look is not for everyone. i saw a girl once who tucked her jeans into those fuzzy ugg-ish boots, and she had very short and heavy legs. needless to say, she looked stubbier and her legs looked weirdly truncated.
Maybe she was just trying to be warm and dry and didn't think she'd offend anyone........or maybe she should just stay inside until she loses weight and grows.....

I'm torn between the practicality of this look and the fact that it's absolutely everywhere!! I do love it though, especially with a loose flowing top and skinny skinny jeans...

christilynn said:
Maybe she was just trying to be warm and dry and didn't think she'd offend anyone........or maybe she should just stay inside until she loses weight and grows.....

I'm really not sure what I said to offend you, all I said was that I did the same thing and found it looked better on me than tucking them completely in.

lostinemotion said:
People in NY where this year after year..I never knew it was a trend.
We do it, to show off our boots and also to avoid mopping up the streets.

yes, in places with weather like this in the winter we've always worn jeans tucked into boots to (as you said) avoid mopping up the streets.

I love the tuck in trend ...for girls

Some men start to follow this trend too and I hate it when they do. I don't like it and I don't find it masculine at all
But
yesterday i was in a 2ndhandshop and I saw great boots wich looked plain under my jeans but when I tucked them in, looked awesome.

What is your opinion on this? Can men do it?

It's snowing like crazy now. Of course jeans should be tucked in, who cares if it is trend or not.

It's so practical and I actually really like the look. I did it last winter. But this winter I'm so sick of everyone walking around with their jeans tucked into their boots. It is EVERYWHERE!!!! :angry:
So I actually don't wear it that often anymore. Plus: There really are no cute boots in Germany, so I actually don't have new ones that I wanna show everyone... :cry:

lastnite said:

yes! some can really pull it off looking awesome...like some of the guys in the what are you wearing today-thread.. go see!

lastnite said:

Of course men can do it, especially when the boots are awesome. Definitely do it!

I'm really tired of this look..here in Milan almost every girl wear jeans pants leggings tucked into boots... I really hate light denim jeans with brown boots..

Personally, I like to tuck both legs into my comme des garcons boots, and then carefully untuck one leg of my jeans (usually the left. your right), as to create the appearance that I don't really care either way whether or not I am tucked or not. But this can only be pulled off by the most skilled and fashion (un)conscious of people...

Also, I do not like to tuck my flat sheet underneath the fitted sheet of the bed, because I like my feet to breath at night.

on a closely related issue, does anyone tuck their undershirts into their boxers, to keep the wind from penetrating you from below or am I the only one?

I think I will name my first son, Tuck.

Its a good name.

:ninja:

I do it every time I wear boots.
Partially because attempting to pull my jeans over top would look outrageous, and partly because it looks damn good.

Not all men can pull this off, like skinny jeans, it takes a certain type of more "femme" guy to successfully wear it.
I'm tall and completely too skinny, so I think it looks good on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->