Jeans Tucked Into Boots

I love that look.. :flower:

.. but i've seen a lot of girls do it with a pair of pointy boots, which in my opinion is :hardhead:

Low waist skinny jeans with knee high boots like Sienna Miller and 100000000000000 other trendy girls with they Fendi Spy bag...!?

NO THANKS! :sick:

Alright, so I just got some great tall wedge boots and I want to try this tucked into jeans look... BUT here's my issue... the boots are hard to zip up as it is, let alone before adding all that jean material in there.... What can I do? Maybe buy a jean capri and roll it up a bit outside of the boot?:huh:

remember this scary trend few years brck, when tracsuits mated with jeans, leaving those hideous things looking like jeans and having stripes at the side seams. picture these tucked in kneehigh black stretch boots. on a middle aged woman at a supermarket. things like this mark the ends of trends (it is about looking fresh, not about the decision that wearing boots under the pants like we did the last ten years, is ugly.)

NOE...they make skinny jeans that work awesomely tucked into boots. Try Earnest Sewn or Sass & Bide, I'm sure other brands make them as well. They call them "cigarette legs" or "stovepipes" or "drain pipes".

I personally still love this look...I know I didn't spend like $900+ on my beautiful beloved Chloé boots just to hide them under pants...:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
shopsmuch said:
NOE...they make skinny jeans that work awesomely tucked into boots. Try Earnest Sewn or Sass & Bide, I'm sure other brands make them as well. They call them "cigarette legs" or "stovepipes" or "drain pipes".

I personally still love this look...I know I didn't spend like $900+ on my beautiful beloved Chloé boots just to hide them under pants...:blink:

Thanks for the advice. I've looked into the skinny jeans before, BUT my boots are REALLY hard to zip up on my calfs alone... I mean, I don't even think I could wear a fishnet stocking under em, let alone friggin denim:unsure:

I am so sick of this look. I've seen way too many times and I have hated it since the first time I saw it. A lot of 'trendy' girls wear this with tight jeans and knee high black boots.. preferably with a pointy noise. Yuck... It makes their legs looks so much bigger or smaller then they actually are when it is worn like that. I don't get why they don't see it theirselfs....

I think ladies are chic with wide-legged culottes/gaucho pants and nicely-heeled boots. Some flood pants and cute pumps are a fashion plus to me. However, I don't think I've seen a cute look with jeans/pants tucked into boots.

What are those comfy short boots called... mukluks? I don't really think the look is cute. Not as much as I'm being fond of wide-legged culottes/gaucho pants with heeled boots, maybe even platformed and heeled boots as well. I've seen about only one case of a lady looking good in tall boots tucked into jeans or pants, and this comes from an unlikely source. With the NFL fever spreading all around America, there was a beer commercial (I don't know if it's okay to talk about beer companies, so let's name this an anonymous company) which had a bunch of NFL-style referees practicing their little routines. One of the scenes was sort of a ski resort scenario where this one lady was in white skiing or snowboarding pants, but wore these really fluffy boots. The fluffy boots were more like those rather expensive UGG Fluff Momma boots, only taller. To know what I'm talking about, have a look at the UGG Fluff Momma boots in detail at: http://www.coolantarctica.com/Shop/Ugg_boots/fluff_momma_ugg_boots.htm .

But honestly, I probably only see these boots ONLY working with more body-hugging pants and not jeans. That's my call, but you can comment at will. If I get to see moe pictures of pants and UGG Fluff Momma-type boots to go with it, then I'll comment in the future.

I love this look...
although I think the whole pointy toed boots thing is too played out.
I think it looks good when the whole look is sort of messy and not
so preconceived. And on shorter people, like myself, midcalf boots
definitely make the legs look lengthier.

Boots make me feel powerful and commanding:heart:

I love the look and don't believe it is a fad!

FemmeFeline said:
I love this look...
although I think the whole pointy toed boots thing is too played out.
I think it looks good when the whole look is sort of messy and not
so preconceived. And on shorter people, like myself, midcalf boots
definitely make the legs look lengthier.

Boots make me feel powerful and commanding:heart:

As they say..."To each his or her own" I am wearing more rounded toe boots now as opposed to my pointy stiletto boots when tucking my jeans into my boots! but, I prefer to wear my pointy toe boots when wearing mini skirts or pants/jeans over the boots. It is a more sophisticated look and adds an edge to your outfit. It is all about being confident in how you dress and present yourself.

Still, though. I'm not real big on the look. If I was a girl, I'd likely want to show off the length of my jeans be it bootcut, flared, bellbottom (some of my favorite on ladies), or anything past the ankles. To me, I think the look is there to resemble a lady wearing tall, comfortable winter boots as if they are trudging through feet of snow. I can understand what the look sort of signifies, but in terms of the look itself in trying to stand out among others, it's not too appealing to me.

Mr-Dale said:
Yuck... It makes their legs looks so much bigger or smaller then they actually are when it is worn like that. I don't get why they don't see it theirselfs....

I agree it does skew the way the legs look..and indeed looks too contrived when worn in a mild environment..
I think, however, its very practical for when it snows though.. your jean cuffs never need to get slushy and wet.:yuk:
its sad that it is being played out as a trend.. the surest way to become sick of something..

i wear uggs (yes, still) and always have my pants tucked in. partly 'cause it looks better that way, but mostly for practical reasons ie. not getting my jeans all salty and messy from the snow.

as for stiletto boots, etc, i think it looks good when pants are tucked into them, but it also looks better over the boots also!

I really love to tuck my jeans into boots (especially in winter, because I hate it when the ends of the jeans get wet because of rain/snow)
I started with this over a year ago..

but it seems to become a huge trend this winter..
and I've seen a lot of missinterpreations...
jeans that are far too wide to tuck into boots..it looks best with skinny jeans!!!
or boots that are too tight..
and this style doesn't work for all kinds of boots either..

Last edited by a moderator:
scara said:
I really love to tuck my jeans into boots (especially in winter, because I hate it when the ends of the jeans get wet because of rain/snow)
I started with this over a year ago..

but it seems to become a huge trend this winter..
and I've seen a lot of missinterpreations...
jeans that are far too wide to tuck into boots..it looks best with skinny jeans!!!
or boots that are too tight..
and this style doesn't work for all kinds of boots either..

I am in full agreement...This is a trend (and not a fad) that when done right looks very glamourous. It does not work for everyone...I am 5' 8" and usually wear my Gucci Croc/Gold Buckle boots with skinny jet black jeans and a nice cashmere sweater...I have gotten nothing but compliments from both men and women...:flower:

^ I have to agree.. =(

I am VERY picky to matching skinny jeans with boots...I like flat boots and at times it makes my legs look short.. O_O I'm hoping that isn't the case with high heel boots that I am buying soon..

Today me and my friend saw a gang of girls and every single one of them was wearing jeans tucked in boots :huh:

I tried the jeans in boots trend last year with my UGGs (that I've had since 1995 :D ) and I loved it but I didn't wear it often. This year, I bought a pair of amazing boots and I only wear them with my jeans tucked in. I don't have any drain-pipe jeans so I've been wearing them with boot cut jeans but to make them work with the boots, I tuck them into a pair of socks and then put on the boots. Keeps the jeans from bunching up and saves money on having to buy a trendy pair of jeans (although I would love a pair).

Another reason why I love the trend is because I'm 5'9 and it is very hard to find jeans that have a great fit and are long enough. I can wear my cute "summer" jeans with the boots (using the sock trick) instead of flip flops or sandals :smile:

Here's a picture of my beautiful boots :D

JCRobinHodbootweb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->