What will replace skinny Jeans ?

CHEAPandCHIC said:
High waisted skinny jeans. High waist in general.

Yes! I think high waisted skinny jeans are going to become very big before the skinny jean dies out.

yeah high waists in general but high waist and skinny is VERY hard to pull off , the wide leg version can be worn by more body types and looks more glamourous but if your the rocker chic kind ...and you have the bod ..rock the high waist skinny if you dare..

im still going to say slouch jeans , with higher waists will replace em , but skinnies will be there ,just the focus will shift to slouchy boyfriend jeans.

I hope it isn't wide leg jeans. They look horrible on me since I have a generous tush. It's like a girl with large breasts wearing a babydoll or empire-waist style. THe just hang from the widest point making the rest of me look larger than I really am. Straight is fine with me though. If it was up to me though I'd keep all the cuts in style and people could jsut choose based on their body and mood what to go with at the moment. Destroyed bootcut one day, charcoal skinnies the next. Heck, maybe throw in some straight white ones too. :P

trouser jeans. imo- they should have gotten big YEARS ago. they look great on everyone. also- i like slouchy, worn-in jeans (not ripped and bleached though). Very, "i wore my boyfriend's old jeans to art class- but he won't mind the paint splatters" kind of thing. At least- that's MY aesthetic for fall. i'm incredibly sick of skinny jeans, esp. on guys.

disco54 said:

Those jeans are so hot....but those jeans are unforgiving for some body types
The skinny jeans I think looks great on everyone imho

grayeyes043 said:
The skinny jeans I think looks great on everyone imho

I think the opposite- I think most girls just look big hipped in skinny jeans- only girls who are shaped more like boys really look good in them.

ones like disco54 posted look good on more people I think

actually hun if you have huge tush , wide legs are your best option . skinny jeans are hard to pull off , but if you can more power to you, but i personally am now sick of them , its like overkill , the wideleg higher waist packed in my tummy and my but looked smaller , its sucks you in . The wide leg balances out hips.

my sis is size 6 and has a bit of baby fat , but wanted to to look thinner , the low rise jeans made her look big and gave a muffin top. This jean sucked it all in , the key is the wide leg, it works with the wide leg. A straight leg which doesnt taper is also good , 18-20 inch straight leg.

I think someone with big hips/bum would look best with straight leg or bootleg, not wide or skinny.

I don't think skinny jeans are going to disapear, but as already mentioned the focus might shift over to something else.

I love my skinny jeans tho, they look nice, they're comfy and more practical than my straightlegged jeans :heart:

disco54 said:
actually hun if you have huge tush , wide legs are your best option . skinny jeans are hard to pull off , but if you can more power to you, but i personally am now sick of them , its like overkill , the wideleg higher waist packed in my tummy and my but looked smaller , its sucks you in . The wide leg balances out hips.

If you have a huge tush...wide legs would just make the person look fatter by placing a huge emphasis on the thighs....

I think high waisted pants and skinny jeans would be the best option.

grayeyes043 said:
...wide legs would just make the person look fatter ...I think high waisted pants and skinny jeans would be the best option.

I really have to diagree- this is a little amateurish drawing I did on paint- but It shows wide leg pants verses high waisted skinny pants- on a figure of a woman with hips

I think it's quite obvious how much more balanced, and flattering the wide leg is on the figure of a curvy woman

pants.jpg

edit= I don't know why It's gone all fuzzy

Last edited by a moderator:
stillettogirl, I'm a bit late, but I think it got fuzzy because you saved it as a .jpg - try saving it as a .gif or .png (if you still have the original that is) :wink:

(Or it's because photobucket resized it)

Last edited by a moderator:
stilleto girl...you proved our case ..thank you..

I think that different jeans styles in general will come in. I love wearing my skinny jeans, but sometimes i wear straight if i have to be a bit dressed up/conservative and then sometimes i wear some slouchy ones to uni when i can't be bothered. But have to say skinny are still my favs

yeah i wear skinnies ..much less now...i like to be a trendsetter so for me i have to wear whats more cutting edge but again fashion has no boundries , skinny , bootcut , flare, straight leg , wide leg , carrot leg , wear what makes you happy but makes sure it works with your body!

Back this past decade, one style I was pretty okay with for ladies were stretch pants. I considered flared stretch pants as being a stylish piece of fashion for those not trying to be very high-maintenance. The skinny jeans deal is pretty doggone horrid. I guess a look I'd like would have been skinny jeans and flats. But then, you are dressing up like in the early 90s. There are two periods I hate- the entire 80s (though I was born in 1983), and the early 1990s. Any design or style usually brought up makes me sick in my stomach. I didn't think skinny jeans were cute or even sexy. Just about any bottoms which lacks any kidn of flare of some kind really doesn't look interesting to me. I think bellbottom jeans and flared pants are lovely since that little bit of flare makes legs lovely and nicely hides the shoes. My favorite trend of late has been gaucho pants. I actually considered gaucho pants as pleasing to the eyes since they went very nicely with boots. Not just any boots, though. Usually boots that are taller than how long the gauchos extend down to are stylish. However, they've proven to be pretty nice with sandals. Seen a lady pair flowy black gauchos with these high, platformed black flip-flop sandals. It was cute, I thought.

Skinny jeans just aren't stylish to my eyes. I like flare with my pants unless they are capris. That is, of course, if I were a lady. What will replace skinny jeans? Hopefully something more stylish than horrid. Keep a brother informed!

Re: which jeans for girls with a big tush.

I can see what both camps are saying (skinny vs. wideleg). I think there are other factors involved though too. For me and my body personally I don't like wideleg jeans or pants because they make me feel a little tent-like sometimes. A skinnier pant will hug my tush and my legs. My tummy is flat and I have relatively long legs for my height so I don't want to hide them. Also, I don't have pear-shaped hips. Not that that is bad if you do. I just have a prominent bum but I like it. "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" :innocent: I used to hate it and wish for a flat butt but ever since I quit ballet I realized my booty was on my team, not against me. Also, in the drawing stilettogirl posted, I like both silhouettes. The straight one is ok but the curvy one looks nice too in my opinion. Curves are sexy.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brier Bunny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->