John Galliano F/W 2008.09 Paris

I like this collection, very interesting.
I love John and his collection when both of them go crazy...:P

I kinda prefer the spring collection but this I like better than Dior!!

:heart:

:unsure:

There's something wrong with the colours of most outfits. not Galliano's best season.

As many have said, it's a nice collection, but I was expecting something mindblowing after the Dior nightmare. In any case, there some gorgeous and wearable pieces, I love most of the colors and their irreverent combinations. I love the shoes. Bravo for the heels, tired of flats.

I don't know what to think of the show, though. I mean, I LOVE his penchant for theatrics, that's wait makes my pulse go up during Paris fashion week. This time however, it's just cluttered and plainly kitsch. Usually it's more streamlined. Good luck to you categorization-maniacs out here finding the inspiration in this one: turn-of-the-century orientalism, Edgar Allan Poe, Bollywood, Pirates of the Caribbean, a big hot mess....

Well, it's not as mindblowing as his f/w 07 show, nor does it have that lighthearted beauty of spring, but there are tons of beautiful pieces in here.

I still get a very strong Salome vibe, and I'm dying to know if I'm right, cause I'm usually not. Oddly enough the harem pants and ankle cuff skirts (forgot what the name for them is) look kind of desirable here. Not too many people would wear them, but I give him props for trying to make them look chic. There are a lot of gorgeous coats though, the first post and a half I was loving a lot of what I saw. And as always, the dresses are gorgeous and they'll look great on too.

Not his best or most riveting, but better than 90% of what I've seen these past 4 weeks.

oh no! NO!
what. why. i mean. better than dior (not that it'd take it much to be better than that) but soooo bad compared to the previous season. what is going on john? i dont like the cuts of most of the pieces and the colours as well. its not 'disgusting' but it's far from the mind-blowing amazing collection i was truly expecting and hoping for.
i hope it'll grow on me.
on a positive side, i LOVE the shoes.

Upon a second viewing...I actually like it much better. Granted, I don't like it as much as FW 07 or SS 08, but it's still a great collection.

When I looked it over again...many of the pieces actually reminded me of his SS 05 collection.

What a fantastic collection. It's like a tremendous clash of colors, print and drama!

Just wish Galliano would infuse some of this into Dior....

the makeup looks very nice but i'm not sure about those big hats... i love the colors anyway, and omg the dresses are so beautiful (as usual). it's certainly better than dior, much more dramatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the theatrics. As for the clothes, I wouldn't say this is one of my favorite collections but I think it is nice. A lot of it is pretty wearable and I'm liking the clash in colors.

The dresses are BEAUUUTIFUL. Nice nice nice. Better than the acidy Dior.Sort of Lacroix, but lacks the dreaminess of Lacroix. It has Galliano's craziness.

I love the deliberate clash of contrasting colors in some of the outfits. It's not a mindblowing collection, but it's different, and in a good way I think.

It's a very beautiful collection, if you look the models from the neck down

some Galliano's codes are here (Poiret silhouettes, Fashion History references...).... and the set and make-up is very Galliano... the set being very early Galliano times......
but honestly, i just feel this is not John who did this collection.....
Who did this??????? This is not John!

What was the music?? I would hear Kate Bush onto this.... no idea why....

I like the dresses most, not crazy about the pants. But it´s very extravagant and much better than Dior.

maybe that is just the colours and colours combinaison that disturb me....and the print, too....
maybe the styling.... but more i'm looking at this. more i think this is not John who did this....or John did half of this.... Some looks are def. not what I think of when thinking of Galliano.....
Who generaly style John's show????

I really like that orange dress which Raquel wears. Very simple and nice.

I still have mixed feelings about it. But when I saw this photo of Anna Piaggi I thought it was still backstage not the front row :rofl:

00620m.jpg

style

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->