Livestreams S/S 11 #2

according to nowfashon celine is 01:30 pm. so we should wait for another 10 mins to see if style.com is going to stream them

I can't seem to find the live stream for celine!!! :(

everyone please send hate email to style.com

lol jk
at least they should take down celine from schedule if theyre not going to stream it

ahhhhh this sucks so much! whaaat i hate style.com right now

Thank god for Now Fashion! I know it's not a stream, but better than nothing. Naughty style.com!

^ to be honest, i don't like nowfashion. of course it's great to see pictures so quickly, but the quality often makes clothes look bad. same about cell phone pictures. i hated rag & bone judging by 'the very first look' and now, after seeing HQs - i love it.

i prefer livestreams, because i see clothes in their context, how they were meant to be seen. and it's not like i'll forget them soon - c'mon, have you forgotten the whole stress and anticipation? :D i always want to see HQs anyway! many times this season i really couldn't wait for them and i've enjoyed collections i've seen live much more than those 'first look on nowfashion' ones.

I'm already thinking about what may be streaming or at least show up right away from Rio Fashion/Sao Paulo Fashion Week. :D

OhSoTychonic - Oh I agree, I prefer live streams to NowFashion too, but it's all we got haha. To me the pics on NowFashion are far, far, far, far better than the front row mobile phone pictures.

With regards to first impressions, I'd never judge a collection on first look, or even by the live stream, like you I think the devil's in the detail and prefer to wait for the HQs.

^ i agree, Rosalyn, NowFashion is lesser of two evils :wink: i was trying to take part in wider discussion: are streaming good or bad for fashion houses?

i'm trying my best not to judge by LQs, especially with all the experience i've gained during this month, but sometimes i can't help this 'oh my, is this really that bad?' attitude.
so my conclusion is: more streams next season please. and more Mademoiselle Agnes! :D i mean, seriously, i started to like Pucci - although i didn't care about them much before, it's not exactly my style.

^ i agree, Rosalyn, NowFashion is lesser of two evils :wink: i was trying to take part in wider discussion: are streaming good or bad for fashion houses?

i'm trying my best not to judge by LQs, especially with all the experience i've gained during this month, but sometimes i can't help this 'oh my, is this really that bad?' attitude.
so my conclusion is: more streams next season please. and more Mademoiselle Agnes! :D i mean, seriously, i started to like Pucci - although i didn't care about them much before, it's not exactly my style.

It's an interesting discussion :flower:

I think what live streams lack in quality (even the better quality streams), they make up for in showing the collection in context - the theme, the vision, the music, the movement (even the venue) - all things which don't translate well into HQ pics.

Things I'm not so keen on, though, are the front row mobile phone shots that show an over-exposed white streak walking down the catwalk, and I'm a bit funny at seeing anything more than a sneak-peak back stage. Dolce even before the show showed too much of the collection I thought, it took away from the actual show itself.

^ I know, right? It's like consistent work of art. Like opera, where not only music is important, but also everything else that builds 'the picture'.

But I was wondering: maybe we're just spoiled by mass culture and we demand to be present where we're not supposed to be. On the contrary, isn't the whole point of fashion show... to show those clothes in the hope that we want/buy them later? Or this approach is way too consumeristic? Maybe this world should be 'invitation-only', like opera should be 'high-class' (although sometimes it's so not)? If so, where's the boundary who can and who can't be invited? (fashion bloggers :innocent:) There's a lot of questions here! Any thoughts?

... since we don't have much livestreams to follow right now :wink:

I don't see any schedule for Kenzo on the Now Fashion site, but isn't Kenzo tonight, or is it McQueen? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->