Livestreams S/S 11 #2

Sorry guys for maybe not following this thread, but can anyone tall me if there is any chance to see Dior or Lanvin or Isabel Marant??

Yes by seeing the pictures.

When it comes to Paris, I'm a little bit torn.
On the one hand I'd love to have more streams, cos just the feeling and the experience to see the show live and in motion is just so exciting.
On the other hand Paris I think wants to keep their shows more exclusive. And I think it's kinda good they still have their old privilge just because the industry is mooving so fast so it's good to have some "normality" .

Plus I think it's totally realxing to not always have to keep up with all the stream dates and to worry if you can watch it or not :lol:

Yes by seeing the pictures.

When it comes to Paris, I'm a little bit torn.
On the one hand I'd love to have more streams, cos just the feeling and the experience to see the show live and in motion is just so exciting.
On the other hand Paris I think wants to keep their shows more exclusive. And I think it's kinda good they still have their old privilge just because the industry is mooving so fast so it's good to have some "normality" .

Plus I think it's totally realxing to not always have to keep up with all the stream dates and to worry if you can watch it or not :lol:

Yeah, kind of agree with you!

I miss all the frantic fun of watching the NYFW & MFW livestreams. :(

Maybe next season Paris will catch on...

I don't think it's a case of Paris non catching on at all, I think it's more a case of it not wanting to. They want the shows to stay exclusive, and I imagine there's quite a lot feel that it's just not something they would like to do. Paris is the most elitest of the fashion weeks really, so it does make sense..

Yeah, I guess you're right about that. I still would like to see a few streams from Paris though! :P

Well, you will. You'll see just that... A few. Three to be precise, and in all fairness, I think we're doing pretty well to be getting Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu and Céline. They're not exactly minor shows..

Paris is so boring!
I know we have nowfashion that pratically releases runway pictures after 1 minute the show finished BUT I'm so tired of waiting pictures and then HQs to judge a fashion show,livestreaming is the best way to show a collection...it's so direct and it feels more event like

Well, you will. You'll see just that... A few. Three to be precise, and in all fairness, I think we're doing pretty well to be getting Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu and Céline. They're not exactly minor shows..

Speaking of that, I wonder how their servers are gonna hold up during these streams.
There's gonna be a crap load of bandwidth being taken up from everybody logging on to watch the shows.

I hope we don't end up crashing all their sites lol. :lol:

I'm the opposite of WilhelmF here in that seeing the collection in a live stream is as close to the runway show as you can get without being there, you can see everything in motion and appreciate the context of the collection, and the HQ pics are the progression from this where you can take in the finer details.

I totally agree designers are dragging their feet for the sake of making Paris more exclusive, but I don't think they can afford stop the tide for much longer, streams make fashion a lot more accessible to people like you and I who buy their clothes and generate a lot of buzz (eg: Burberry)

Pucci gave a model example of how to do a live stream. First there was witty backstage coverage and interviews with front row guests, so we could feel the atmosphere and have some context, then they had a good quality stream with decent camera angles. I hope they invite Agnes back next season she did a great job.

Dsquared was the worst by far...really horrid!

I thought Burberry was my favourite. I thought the pre-show coverage was very good, and a great live stream too.

I thought one of the worst (aside Dsquared) was actually Dolce & Gabbana who kept cutting backstage while the show was on. I nearly threw my laptop out the window.

I'm the opposite of WilhelmF here in that seeing the collection in a live stream is as close to the runway show as you can get without being there, you can see everything in motion and appreciate the context of the collection, and the HQ pics are the progression from this where you can take in the finer details.

I totally agree designers are dragging their feet for the sake of making Paris more exclusive, but I don't think they can afford stop the tide for much longer, streams make fashion a lot more accessible to people like you and I who buy their clothes and generate a lot of buzz (eg: Burberry)

lol one thing interesting about burberry.

http://www.fashionologie.com/Christ...rned-Online-Push-Concentrate-Clothes-11155811

actually im kinda agree with this article lol.

@sethii
so true about dsquared, consider the soundtrack is really good

Well, I agree it was stupid having shoes the models couldn't walk in etc, but I don't think the quality of the Burberry collection was in anyway related to the push for online content.

I thought Balenciaga's collection was disappointing, but they didn't have a live stream - had they done so, would there have been articles speculating that their minds were elsewhere? Who knows :smile:

But one thing the Burberry stream proved was that if you are going to stream, and models are falling off their heels with studs falling off their jackets, then that's what people are going to be talking about after the show.

Worst ones were Dolce and Jil Sanders. Just bloody awful.

^ but compared, I think Jil Sanders is the worst ! At least DG have reasonably good collection. JS is pure torture to the eyes ! =/
I kinda think the Burberry marketing strategies are too overwhelming considering some outfit are made simultaneously available on in-store iPads for purchase

Paris is about being exclusvie, if you want to see the shows fly to Paris.

Yes the best are Burberry & Dolce & Gabbana and wors Dsquared bad very bad image

personally i don't see any logical reason why being exclusive in that way with their customer base/following would serve paris's interests. in an industry that's struggled through bad economic times, marketing themselves to a wider base is exactly what they should be doing, and i think new york, london, milan etc latched onto that. i'm not saying, however, that keeping coverage of the shows exculusive isn't what they're trying to do--just that it seems like a poor move if they are.

worst ones were any on the livestream website like diesel :lol:

i like the milkmade ny ones :D and d&g

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->