Love #3 S/S 2010 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Still, it's the best covevr Love's had by FAR.

Wouldn't take much to be the best Love cover though would it?

Lara looks incredible, but it's nowhere near being an amazing fashion magazine cover for me. And I wish they hadn't put the stamps over it although I suppose that for censorship reasons.

But yes, still the best Love cover yet :D

I have this weird feeling that the cover of the new Pop is going to be naked Eniko and there will be a battle of the boobs.

If this actually happens I'm setting up a psychic fashion hotline.

its the best cover they have come up with, i wish it was more fashion though instead of the last issue where it featured a base player (or something) from birmingham , focus on fashion , feature fashion students or graduates , new and up and coming stylists , writers ect ect not stings daughter and other famous wannabes like *shivers* Pixie Geldof

Sorry if y'all are tired of beautiful naked women but I guess that just means more for me. ^_^
Leave some for me please.

Indeed very Newton-esque.

Do we know that this will be the official cover?

It's great to see her become so iconic and mainstream. She's an original and interesting public figure...

Really like Lara but it's getting repetitive. She looks very good though.
Is it the official cover?
*edit* Where are her nipples? Too photoshopped.

It's the whole nipple fiasco again, a la Beth Ditto on the 1st LOVE. It just looks weird without any of the "naughty bits", like a Barbie , so as to not scare the little ones or those too sensitive to actually see a normal human body. I suppose it means they won't have to censor it on the newstands though...

But apart from that, I'm certainly not complaining that we get a nude Lara cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that they mention her birth place 'Mierlo' on the cover.

I have this weird feeling that the cover of the new Pop is going to be naked Eniko and there will be a battle of the boobs.
I doubt but it's a great idea. ^_^
Btw this cover is simply stunning. Strong and feminine and perfect...

is it legal to show nipples on the cover of UK magazines? (i know its illegal to show erections inside british mags)

It's a strange situation. UK magazines don't tend to produce covers with nipples - but it's perfectly OK for stores to display foreign magazines which do show total toplessness, and such magazines will be found amongst other regular magazines in their sector (eg photography or news magazines). I live in a part of the UK where moral outrage is a common thing, and never have I seen a normal magazine end up in a brown bag on the newsstand because it had nudity on the front cover.

Some stores will have a child-friendly policy which entails stocking no p*rn and perhaps ensuring the men's weeklies are far above the sightline of kids, so perhaps they would take care with a cover like that, but those types of newsagents don't tend to sell anything that exciting in the first place.

For a magazine that comes out mid February I really can't see this being the final cover, there is still a whole two months to go, knowing fashion they probably haven't even shot the cover yet! Strange why they have done this!

I agree, that I have my doubts that this will be the final cover. But the actual cover could have been shot already. Since it's for the S/S 10 season, production of this issue started right after the fashiponshows ended in October.

And Love has been putting out previews (in the form of a cover) of their upcoming issue before so it's not that strange.

I have a feeling that this is simply a teaser and that there are going to be multiple covers, especially because of the "Fashion icons" caption. Also, the fact that they list Lara's age and hometown makes me think that there will be other covers with other modern day fashion icons and that their ages and hometowns will be listed. In addition, why would they list the date the magazine will be on sale on the actual cover? This has to be an ad :lol:!

Hopefully this turns out to be one of the covers, however. Lara looks STUNNING (as usual). Even totally naked, in stilettos, with wavy styled hair, in a come hither sex goddess pose she still manages to look like a high fashion model and not a p*rn star. Now that's impressive.

^I't is certainly impressive that she doesn't look like a cheap p*rnstar, but that's also partly due to the fact that we, as so called 'fashion insiders' are familiar with Lara's body of work and the obvious Newton reference. I think for the so called 'common people', she looks like every other blonde p*rnstar with pouty lips, blonde hair, stiletto heels and big boobs. But I in the end I don't care what the 'common people' will think of this. In any way Lara looks and always be stunning.

^The average sleazy bottle-blonde p*rn star could only WISH she resembled Lara! Lara's trademark look may be reminiscent of a Seventies p*rn star, but the truth is, a p*rn star could never look this good! There is an elegance to Lara's raunchiness, one of the many traits which make her so unique.

The cover is great!! but have a strange Too photoshopped, and fell a Helmut Newton photo

blackshine/archive

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. this is the epitome of FIERCE!!

i was first reminded of a Newtown photo as well..she looks like she could take a city out!

I like the cover, she does take beautiful photos, but I'm getting tired of seeing her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->