McQueen S/S 2025 Paris

First season tik tok copy of Lee this season it's a shein copy of Sara for McQueen.

Disjointed point of view set music clothes casting.

Feel sad for Lee´s brand to become sh*t pile of Sh*t

I thought this was great. Sarah is a master seamstress. She isn't a story teller and her collections were virtually indistinguishable. This shows growth.

Much better than the debut, it's clear the suits bashed him after the flop of the first season.
The problem is that...this is a sloppier version of Sarah Burton with poor tailoring. What's the point of having the less talented version of your predecessor?

Is he trying to emulate Hedi Slimane’s Celine menswear with the sparkly blazers/jacket for men?

Then again I can’t see anyone buying anything from this season… the clothes are boring, the accessories bad

This is light years away from that heinous debut. It's unexpectedly good. It's not on Lee's (or even Burton's) level, but it's was a good collection and a good show. He should've dumped the heavy platforms in favour of sleek stilettos and "floating" heels, but one thing at a time.
I agree it's going to take trial and error but he's got it in him.n

I think McQueen is one of the hardest brands to design for because its identity isn't rooted in a 'look', but an attitude. It makes it near impossible to replicate.

This is a decent attempt. The collection itself is fine. Beautiful dresses, strongly tailored pieces, and doesn't overuse house codes. But it's missing that brazenness and dynamism that really defines the McQueen legacy.

I'd like to say that they'll work on finding a designer who understands that, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got clones of this collection for the next decade.

Last edited:
- less CSM grad show, more first year intern - where are the original studio team that could ensure some technical legitimacy?
- the abdominal shoulders must go, it does not flatter anyone
- the ill fitted pants with flares need to go as well
- the dresses are mostly pretty, but not special enough
- no good shoes or bags still- unfortunately the most troublesome for a sophomore show
- the brand is now a shadow of its shadow of its shadow

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->