Milia- Those Little White Bumps Under Your Eyes

i get them occasionally. they take forever to go away on their own.

if you get facials at a salon you can ask them to extract them for you. if you try to do it yourself you may notice it takes a long time to heal.

my mom got a peel and had hers extracted at the same time at her derm's office. she said the milia extraction was a little painful.

I only get them if I use a too-rich cream around my eyes, or if I have been touching my eyes a lot because my contacts were irritating me. Have you changed anything in your skincare routine that might be causing them?

Oh! I never knew what those little bumps were! I've already tried to squeeze them, but it's painful and heels very slow.
Now, how do I get rid of them?? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read on a site that gentle and regular exfoliation is supposed to help.. never tried getting them extracted though. I have a comedone extractor of my own and it's never worked. Does it work when you go in professionally? How long do the results last?

i forgot to mention previously that my mom's derm told her that she had the milia due to using sunscreen with zinc oxide in them. other brands have zinc alternatives that can also cause the milia he said.

I only get them if I use a too-rich cream around my eyes

The same thing happens to me. I bought an eye cream from Bliss which caused milia to appear after a few day's use, thankfully the bumps disappeared about a week or so after I stopped using the cream.

I had one this year. Normally it is recommended you wait and it will go away by itself, but it didn't. I managed to get rid of it without going to a dermatologist or something. Though getting it out was quite painful. It healed fairly quickly, but I was a bit red/purple there for a few days. It didn't leave any horrible scar.

I've heard that you shouldn't try to get rid of them yourself..I'm not really sure why I get them or how to make them go away..

^ I know. They say that about many things, but I'm always doing it anyway and never have any problems. Maybe I just use a different method, am more careful or have skin that heals better... I have no idea.

^ I know. They say that about many things, but I'm always doing it anyway and never have any problems. Maybe I just use a different method, am more careful or have skin that heals better... I have no idea.
Could you please share? I'd love to know how other ppl do it. I'm always afraid I'm gonna poke my eye out since I have them on my eyelids or in the corner of my eyes:blink::doh:

Oh, I see! I've only had two and they have both been almost one cm below my eye so it was easy, but I can see how it would be scary to try to squeeze one on your eyelid or the corner of your eye. Also, with what I did it involves some pressing down and I'm not sure if you can really do that as easily in the places where you have milia. I'm sorry that I can't help you. :( Microdermabrasion does help, but it's not really something that you can put so close to your eyes in case it falls into them.

Yeah I usually don't do anything about them since I don't want to lose an eye :rofl:
Thanks anyway tho Eurasian Mélange :flower:

If they are large enough to cause you trouble I'd ask your doctor to get rid of them. I've just had my local GP extract them. That way you know it's safe and sterile.

were you charged for it? do you think it might be worth asking my dermatologist if they'll do one quickly?

I always go for a routine check up but right at first I told her I needed some extractions done

Milia is caused by excess sebum and products that get trapped under the skin and harden. Do NOT try to get them out yourself, go get a facial and have it extracted by an expert. You really don't want to mess with the area around your eyes!

I have only had a few in my life, but it never even occured to me to go all the way to a dermatologist to get them fixed. Since they're not pimples, they don't come out with squeezing and that just hurts. I took the end of a disinfected needle or pin and scraped a tiny bit of skin off the top, or made a little nick in the skin, then squeezed a little, then once it was slightly exposed I would use tweezers to just pull it out. The layer of skin over it is really so thin this doesn't hurt. Cleaned the area and then there was a miniature red spot for a few days and then it was good as new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->