Model Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

^ These brands are so clueless nowadays.
Whatever one may think of it, everyone and anyone knows that Bella stands for Palestine.
So, if you go with her as the main face of your campaign you must expect some backlash.
But no - it's much easier (cheaper) to do the entire campaign, promotion and then realize that there is a backlash and remove everything?!

Anyhow, I bought myself a pair a SL72 trainers before the campaign. :smile:

so Adidas managed to be both stupid (not realising Bella Hadid, very publicly pro-Palestinian for the last decade, is, well, pro-Palestine) and cowardly (pulling her campaign thanks to criticism from..... Israel? The same state whose official social media accounts were harassing her and her entire family last year? The jokes write themselves).
She did say she'd lost work over her support for Palestine all the way back in 2022 and people tried to say she was lying etc. Looks like we now have very public proof she wasn't.

^same and honestly...... what is Adidas even firing her for? Being Palestinian? Expressing support for her father's homeland in the present day? How does that somehow amount to justification to cancel her campaign because the shoe was designed for the Munich Olympics in 1972?

and if this is what they do to Bella, she's not the only one - I remember seeing tweets/ig stories back in October saying that models who'd expressed pro-Palestinian sentiment on social media were being quietly dropped from jobs or having bookings cancelled, only it was lowkey because they weren't well-known.

I'm sorry if I'm so late to this gossip, but I just heard in a reel of Isabeli in a interview saying Gisele cut her foot opening Versace F/W 99 because another model out of envy put glass inside her heels? ... like what? And then it seems now in tiktok there is a theory this model was probably Kate as she was affected by Gisele at the time in aspects like the interruption of her continuos Versace openings, her decrease in number of Vogue covers in comparisson to Gisele's, among other stuff people are theorizing about, is this true? I mean, I don't see a reason why Isabeli could be lying, but she doesn't mention names.

Last edited:
America Gonzalez just uploaded a ig story (in Spanish) about how her previous agency didn't want to pay her and wanted to sabotage her season, but they went silently to make their debut with Prada 👀

I'm sorry if I'm so late to this gossip, but I just heard in a reel of Isabeli in a interview saying Gisele cut her foot opening Versace F/W 99 because another model out of envy put glass inside her heels? ... like what? And then it seems now in tiktok there is a theory this model was probably Kate as she was affected by Gisele at the time in aspects like the interruption of her continuos Versace openings, her decrease in number of Vogue covers in comparisson to Gisele's, among other stuff people are theorizing about, is this true? I mean, I don't see a reason why Isabeli could be lying, but she doesn't mention names.

It could be Naomi easly

why do we think the 'glass slipper' culprit was one of the supers, that kind of stunt sounds to me more like it might have been a contemporary of Gisele who could conceivably expect the same kind of career progression but wasn't getting it.

I remember Lara complaining about how her tiny feet meant she had a harder time doing runway because the shoes were always much too big (late 00s), makes sense if they just had a standardised shoe size and forced the models to wear them whether they fit or not
honestly knowing this practice combined with the insane heel heights of that era, the models' constant falls on the runway make sense.

At one point wasn't the rumor that the culprit was Carmen Kass?
I remember that rumour! Like I said, I can more readily believe it was one of that cohort (not supers but just behind Gisele in the up and coming models stakes) than Kate or Naomi. Maybe not Carmen, but someone who was part of it.
also knowing what we do of Naomi I doubt she'd have glass slippered Gisele, just thrown a phone straight at her instead (pretty sure late 90s had cellphones?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
212vacio
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->