Model Casting F/W 14.15

I can't be the only one who's loving seeing Liisa Winkler everywhere. :heart:

Dude, whenever a late 90s/early 00s super shows somewhere my heart literally skips a beat, those are my girls. :heart:

Speaking of, i'm praying that Maggie Rizer shows up somewhere this season, since she has been rehearsing a comeback (LV would be perfect).

Everybody uses the same girls. I don't get it. I mean yeah there's some relation between which models get the most work and which are the best but there's also a lot of luck and other variable involved.

The show itself should really dictate which girls are chosen. If I was a designer I would pick whoever fit the mood/vision of my clothes and I would care less about how the models ranked in the industry.

I just started working in the industry and it became apparent to me very quickly that nobody knows anything. People in the industry are sheep and they have no idea what models are actually good. They just follow the pack. Before I worked in the industry I thought that there was some rhyme or reason why certain models made it and others didn't but aside from really obvious cases, it's all very arbitrary.

Brokaw, in my opinion, is becoming so predictable as of late - this season more than ever. To the point where I don't even look forward to her shows anymore unless she's working with Miuccia or Nicolas (hopefully she kills it @ Vuitton)..

In general, this season has been very copy-and-paste so far.

Exactly, same 20 some girls in all her shows. She's become what Marsh was a few seasons back, and look where he is now.....

Everybody uses the same girls. I don't get it. I mean yeah there's some relation between which models get the most work and which are the best but there's also a lot of luck and other variable involved.

The show itself should really dictate which girls are chosen. If I was a designer I would pick whoever fit the mood/vision of my clothes and I would care less about how the models ranked in the industry.

I just started working in the industry and it became apparent to me very quickly that nobody knows anything. People in the industry are sheep and they have no idea what models are actually good. They just follow the pack. Before I worked in the industry I thought that there was some rhyme or reason why certain models made it and others didn't but aside from really obvious cases, it's all very arbitrary.

Yep, it's an industry mainly of lemmings. You have a few true innovators and everyone else follows them, in terms of silhouette, colors, shapes, and yes, choice of models. Miuccia chooses Malaika Firth and just like that, everyone else the following season uses her as well. Alexander Wang puts Lexi Boling on his runway and one season later, she's opening and closing shows.
People are mainly in it to make money so they make safe choices and follow what someone else is doing. Nothing wrong with that, its's how the world runs, but it's ridiculous how people in this industry make themselves out as fashion revolutionaries when they're anything but.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I was really expecting anything huge, but I wonder where Latonya Challenger is. She hasn't walked a single show. I would die if she was a CK exclusive.

^ That would outstanding or even a MJ. I just hope she appears somewhere good this season. :angel:

Kia low is confirmed for Calvin Klein according to her agencies insta
Tamlyn models Instagram

I've been trying to understand and like Kate Goodling. That's not happening anytime soon.

^ Kate's walk is almost unbearable to watch. She's so awkward.

9f0d92be937a11e3b98b126fa4e6a4fb_8.jpg

instargram/calvinklein
Can have anyone ID them?

^Tong Zhang from the second left, Josephine Le Tutour in the middle & Juliana Schurig at the right end. Idk who's that first left end girl :P

Sui He first time at Anna Sui! :buzz::crush:

DON'T QUOTE PICTURES
instargram/calvinklein
Can have anyone ID them?

Two at the right looks like Josephine le Tutour and jJuliana Schurig.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you your guys.I think they were fiting in calvin klein show.

Vanessa is doing Calvin Klein too... Wondering if she will open/close the show.

Sui He opened the Ralph Lauren Mainline part of the show!!! :buzz::clap: The best moment so far tbh :Pink:

^^ I think so. She is all over Calvin Klein's facebook and instagram accounts

I still remember when Sui opened the show a few seasons back. Anna Selezneva, Kelly Gale, Vlada, Mackenzie Drazen decided to show up as well.

I've been trying to understand and like Kate Goodling. That's not happening anytime soon.

She's so mousy. Equally bad on the runway and in print.:doh:

I think the only moment I've thought was truly cool/unexpected this week was Alena Blohm opening Ralph Lauren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->