Model Casting F/W 14.15

Even though I hate celebrity models I think its silly to dismiss Kendall Jenner who has amazing proportions and a gorgeous face when we have other girls stomping down the runway show after show who are less than memorable

I don't find her that gorgeous to be honest. Nor memorable. Was she not a member of the Kardashians, I doubt she'd get anywhere near a MJ runway. And besides, not being the worst looking person on the runway isn't that special.

Seriously, who on Earth is this Kendall person? No one in that cast stood out to me, so I really don't care about who it is anyway. She disappeared in a sea of other models who will also disappear forever after yesterday. Why even bother.

^ she's a celebrity model - she's half sister to the Kardashians. MJ has this history of casting these types - Georgia May Jagger and just recently Lily McMenamy. I am willing to bet when Cindy Crawford's daughter becomes of age and follows in her mom's footsteps, you'll probably see her at MJ.

Fascinating height chart for casting from Katie Grand's instagram for the Marc Jacobs show.
Ashleigh and Irina K tallest on left down to Stina rapp and on right side, Malaika shorter than Anais Mali!
Other shorties Margaux Brooke, Langley Fox, Jing Wen,

girls on list that didn't walk Anmari Botha, Lisa V, Roxanne from Ford, Charlotte Free, Sabrina, Megan?, Gabby, Yana, Stina, Sophie, Nastya,
Tall Girls Tami, Leila Lda,

Wow the models at JW Anderson look ....really sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
J.W Anderson was so depressing, were the heck did she get all these weird *** girls from anyways? O.o

The show did have girls who did well in New York like Kasia, Nastya Sten, Nika Cole, Waleska, Binx, Manuela and Mijo.

The styling just really didn't do them any favors. Plus the rest of the cast just made it a lot more somber. It's like dementors gave them a visit backstage.

Harleth should have opened IMO.

JW Andersons cast looked like death warmed over. Way to go fashion!

^I wanted to say it was more likely the makeup, but then you go look at the models' threads and... yeah, they just look gloomy like that.

he had all the key girls. i think the makeup and the lightening made them look grey or something cause i normally liked most of the girls he used.

The Hunter Original show had pretty established girls walking, wonder who cast the show?

You guys have got to be kidding me. Are we talking about the same girl? She has a very cheap, bland look...no bone structure or distinct features. If she weren't a celebrity she would be on some small agency direct board, if that. The only reason she didn't stand out was because the extreme makeup made her unrecognizable and added some contour to her face.

As opposed to Nastya, Harleth, Ola, Maja, Devon, Katya R., Charlotte Lindvig and every other thin lipped, forgettable, bland blonde on the runway who makes Julia Nobis look exotic? Other than the fact that it added some interest to the casting this season, there are two reasons why I have no problem that Kendell and Gigi Hadid are getting cast in shows:

1. It is all about publicity. Thats the point of fashion shows anyway. People are paying attention because these girls are famous and models, for the most part, arent. Also, its good for the designers to make these rich families happy, since they are the ones who can afford the clothes.

2. Concepts of beauty, cheapness, bone structure, and being "modelesque" are social constructs that change with the whims of the industry. Kendell doesn't look like a model because she doesn't look exactly like the other girls who have been deemed good enough to model. It was deemed best to have a model look a certain way (tall, thin, certain features) because it looks best, but its all arbitrary and can change. So who is to say that Kendell isn't a model or can't be a model. If the people in charge say she is, then she is.

Most laughable cast ever. So boring. Who were most of those girls? A lot of them seemed so random.:lol:
**** Deleted****.

*Edited* There is no question, that cast was boring. There were so many random girls with dead-looking stares so to me (and many other people), they are boring. Also the casts diversity went down from last season (4 black models and 1 asian model last season; 3 black models and 0 asian models this season). So not only was it boring, it was depressing to see a lack of diversity. And one last thing: I didn't even mention beauty at all in my original quote, so how you made that connection between what I said to what you have said really beats me. *Edited* :flower:

As opposed to Nastya, Harleth, Ola, Maja, Devon, Katya R., Charlotte Lindvig and every other thin lipped, forgettable, bland blonde on the runway who makes Julia Nobis look exotic? Other than the fact that it added some interest to the casting this season, there are two reasons why I have no problem that Kendell and Gigi Hadid are getting cast in shows:

1. It is all about publicity. Thats the point of fashion shows anyway. People are paying attention because these girls are famous and models, for the most part, arent. Also, its good for the designers to make these rich families happy, since they are the ones who can afford the clothes.

2. Concepts of beauty, cheapness, bone structure, and being "modelesque" are social constructs that change with the whims of the industry. Kendell doesn't look like a model because she doesn't look exactly like the other girls who have been deemed good enough to model. It was deemed best to have a model look a certain way (tall, thin, certain features) because it looks best, but its all arbitrary and can change. So who is to say that Kendell isn't a model or can't be a model. If the people in charge say she is, then she is.

I agree with your thoughts about publicity but not on the second point. I believe they are deemed "models" because they can get the publicity not because they are models and they would not have been signed BUT for that ability. That goes for Ireland Baldwin and Gigi Hadid at Img and Zoe Kravitz at Women, Hailey Baldwin etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leopards00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->