Model Casting F/W 14.15

The fact that Kendall didn't stick out like a sore thumb speaks to the fact that she's the real deal.

I think it speaks to the fact that she's bland as ****.

I'm so so curious as to how the industry will deal with Kendall. Will they welcome her with open arms, or throw her into the 'celeb bin'? Obviously socialite models aren't a new thing (Lily Aldridge, Gigi Hadid, Georgia May Jagger, Cara Delevigne etc), but none of them are even close to Kendall in terms of popularity and media coverage.

Her walk was so awful, but it's not like her ability is the reason she was cast for the show :rolleyes:

I looooved Helena Greyhorse in the Marc Jacobs show. She was the star of the show imo.

So glad Cristina Piccone booked her first big show, Marc Jacobs. :blush:

Also so surprising seeing Issa Lish opening Anna Sui. :cool:

Well we're all talking about it anyway..
On another note, great to see Stella at Marc, she looked amazing, the agency change obviously working for her
Overall for NY, I have to say I disagree with many , I adore Lexi, Harleth and Tami are my fave girls of the moment, interesting to see how Europe pans out

I read on Fashionista that Kendall is a MJ exclusive? I personally think she's very pretty (in a CW-actress kind of way), and she does have the height for the job.

Her walk was so awful, but it's not like her ability is the reason she was cast for the show

Was her walk really that much worse than Ashleigh Good's? I thought it was pretty good tbh, she just needs to work on keeping her chin up.

Watching the video Kendall fit it really, looked like the models nothing special. Aside from that Anita castings has been quite hit or miss for me, wasn't bad casting at Wang and MJ just was okay imo. I'm usually in awe with some of the girls she selects.

Surprised at myself for not mad at Kendall's appearance. I have to agree that she did fit in, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bdad thing.

I want to believe that Jenner made her NYFW debut as a legit model, but the fact that she just had to be the one wearing the sheer top with visible nipple leads me more in the publicity stunt direction. I do think she can be a legitimate model though if someone would take her seriously and not exploit the Kardashian connection (a difficult task, I understand) in the process of doing so.

I think its safe to say she will probably be a Givenchy exclusive as well. She just needs to work on her walk. If Cara and Eliza could do it, why can't she?

What an awkward cast at Marc Jacobs. But yeah what else is new?
The hair and makeup made everyone look ugly and scary so that's probably why Kendall didn't stand out.

IMO I think Kendall has quite a unique look, and she would stand out on a runway where the makeup didn't mask everyone's true look. She reminds me a little of Jeisa Chiminazzo, with the slightly wide bridge of the nose, slightly wide-set eyes, that all come together to form a beautiful but not perfect face. Yeah she's not the androgynous weird looking HF prototype, so who knows if the industry would embrace her, but I think she has a shot with designers who prefer her type of look over the HF prototype.

You guys have got to be kidding me. Are we talking about the same girl? She has a very cheap, bland look...no bone structure or distinct features. If she weren't a celebrity she would be on some small agency direct board, if that. The only reason she didn't stand out was because the extreme makeup made her unrecognizable and added some contour to her face.

What an awkward cast at Marc Jacobs. But yeah what else is new?
The hair and makeup made everyone look ugly and scary so that's probably why Kendall didn't stand out.

Lol, I was about to say this same thing.

Even though I hate celebrity models I think its silly to dismiss Kendall Jenner who has amazing proportions and a gorgeous face when we have other girls stomping down the runway show after show who are less than memorable

You guys have got to be kidding me. Are we talking about the same girl? She has a very cheap, bland look...no bone structure or distinct features. If she weren't a celebrity she would be on some small agency direct board, if that. The only reason she didn't stand out was because the extreme makeup made her unrecognizable and added some contour to her face.

Amen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->