Model Casting S/S 2024

I guess Piergiorgio is doing Dolce now cause his girls were all there. Looooved Jil sander with Julia Nobis opening always a treat and Kiki, Lineisy, etc.

^ Interesting, the cast felt very Vogue-y so I assumed that Edward styled (sorry Karl).

Ferragamo has had the most interesting cast since Ralph for me. Aymeline, Karly Loyce and Kelly Mittendorf were never my favorites but something about seeing them back in action after a pause is refreshing.

A break of a few years also did Lexi Boling some good, she looks great in most of the shows this season. More mature and (I hope) giving off less of those indifferent b*tchy vibes :grinningwsweat:.

Stam in Milan and no Max Mara, Prada, D&G or Ferragamo. She only walked at Moschino and the others are C list brands.What happened? girl you're a top:grinningwsweat:

Gemma said in her post attending Gucci show on instagram ''Decided not to walk any shows this season maybe next'' hmm
gemma.jpg

a lot of models from 2019/2020s flopped hard in Milan this season. it's sad

It seems this season is all about real models. I don't those nepo babies... which is good, right?! Stam looked really good in NY, but not so good in Milan. And what happened to Mika, Cara Taylor, Sara Grace....

Those smaller-scale brands Stam walked for were probably more willing to meet and pay her rate than the big shows some ppl here expect her to do. LOL.

It's been such a pleasure seeing the amazing women from the late 90's to early 2010's of the fashion scene walk on the runways this season. From Maggie Rizer and Liya Kebede, to Du Juan and Daria Strokous, and to (of course) Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer and so many more. These women have aged amazingly and truly have that 'it factor' that is so exciting to witness again on the runways.

It's been such a pleasure seeing the amazing women from the late 90's to early 2010's of the fashion scene walk on the runways this season. From Maggie Rizer and Liya Kebede, to Du Juan and Daria Strokous, and to (of course) Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer and so many more. These women have aged amazingly and truly have that 'it factor' that is so exciting to witness again on the runways.
Yess!! So excited for Daria Strokous! She was everywhere 2010-2014. Hopefully she will do Paris as well

^Yes very boring! Also, Dior is always a big snoozefest and they remained a snoozefest this season.

I think casting directors at major fashion houses are either fickle to the extent that they completely reboot their casts every season or loyal to the point that casting can feel a bit stagnant. Saint Laurent and Dior definitely fall into the latter category.

Prada’s casting has been totally dull since Raf joined the brand. You question if girls like Amanda Murphy or Lexi Boling would have been cast today as newcomers, despite being brand favourites.

Gucci had a lot of promising new models walk the show, but when the majority of the cast is comprised of new faces it blunts the impact of the ones that are really special. Valentino has also had this issue over the past few seasons.

IDK was going on at Saint Laurent, i think they need to ditch Piergiorgio cause the cast was especially boring this season, and it's been like that for the past 3 seasons.

Oh I thought it was quite strong actually! Loved the inclusion of the older women (who I did not recognize, but maybe they were Yves' models from back in the day?), loved seeing Anja, Luca Gajdus and Du Juan pop up, and Eva Herzigova of course. Beautifully contrasted with strong new faces like Lara Menezes. But what I liked most about it is that these didn't feel like attention-grabby stunt casting (a la making Claudia close the show)...they were just sprinkled in throughout the line-up. Which made for a diverse and sophisticated palette of faces, true to the codes and aesthetics of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momosdiary
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->