Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Coco is not a one-hit wonder!! Trust me, I am not a fan, but she is very successful. I'm pretty sure it's her decision to work less.

Coco and Lindsay have been successful for quite a lot of seasons, and therefore they are not one-hit wonders. It's not like they had one cover and then disappeared. Lindsay apparently keeps booking campaigns (do not like her though), and Coco has had a very successful carreer.

when I think of 1 hit wonder

I immediately think of Anabela Belikova, but then again she's still walking blue chip shows but mostly as a filler model

the best 1 hit "comebacker" - Flavia De Oliveira

Took me about 5 mins to work out who Lindsay was.

Feel like Sessilee Lopez is on the wane.

Katrin Thormann

D&C cover in August 2008, two back two back VI covers, Prada, Mulberry, some good editorials...then now her career is beyond lackluster

Rasa... Prada one hit wonder, same with Ymre.

Ymre had issues with school. She's back with a Vogue US shooting by Meisel under her belt, I beg to differ.

Alina Ismailova
Amanda Norgaard
Ashley Smith
Auguste Tomasuite
Bambi Northwood-Blyth
Bara Holotova
Barbara Palvin
Bregje Heinen
Britt Maren
Carla Gebhart
Carolina Pantoliano
Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Eileen Hydorn
Georgie Baddiel
Hannah Noble
Ilvie Wittek
Jana Knauerova
Johanna Jonsson
Johanna Stickland
Kat Hessen
Lais Ribeiro
Lauren Brown
Lera Sheremata
Lyndsey Scott
Nicole Hofman
Pauline van der Cruysse
Rose Cordero
Sharon Kavjian
Tali Lennox
Theres Alexandersson
Ylonka Verheul

some of the girls like Amanda, Britt, Georgie, or Ilvie had careers that were never super or a hit. Britt ould have came close but didn't book one campaign her first season, and still can't book a major one.

Lais' career was already predicted to me towards the commercial side during her first season, so I wouldn't call her a one-hit either

lea t.
ubah hassan (big potential, but women has done nothing for her career)
ann and kirby kenny (to my disappointment)
karolin wolter (stunning girl, breakout season in 2009, but i haven't heard anything about her since)
auguste abeliunaite (i remember a lot of buzz around her from models and style, but not much since. i think she's still only about 15 or 16 though, so i hope she went back to school)

whatever happened to malin ones? she had one stellar season (F/W 08), especially in milan, was a top 10 newcomer on style.com, and by the end of the year, she quit modeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Ann and Kirby make a comeback :( My friend is friends with them and they are so sweet! They deserve success hehe ^_^

^^Malin decided to stop modelling because of health isssues.

I think it would make interesting reading to discuss the reasons why high fashion models come and go so quickly.
...and Karolin Wolter must be having a phenomenal year being the face of BMW (she also has a huge only-girl campaign running in Australia).

I'm really glad that Theres isn't getting booked, she was such a mean person.

^ we really shouldn't focus on her personality in first place, especially based on like one sentence from her blog... but of course racism is a horrible thing.
i totally love her look.

someone wrote Ashley Smith: she's still good in printworks: she has great eds and ad campaigns. she doesn't do runway shows, but that is understandable with her body.

Lais Ribeiro: she's doing pretty good for VS.

Barbara Palvin: yeah, her thread is kinda dead, but if you read her twitter, you can see she's always working, she has a lot of shootings.

Ymre and Rasa, true :(

^It was all over the internet, I'm pretty sure her personality had a lot to do with it. If she hadn't had that blog she would have done fine, because she would still get booked because of her look.

I expected more from Ymre, I really did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->