Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Thinking of Myf Shepherd...even if she appeared @ Dsquared last season :unsure:

^Myf took a break from school and came back this season with eds in Vogue Australia, Numero China, Metal, Elle Spain and the cover of Helmet magazine. She only did Milan and Paris, but walked for Celine, Kenzo, Sonia Rykel, DSquared, Vivienne Westwood, Anne Valérie Hash, Sportmax and a bunch of other less prestigious shows (opening a few), as well as at least 12 shows at Australia Fashion Week. It's not quite the quality of work she had before her break, but she's not one hit wonder.

What about Mengyao Ming Xi? She started pretty fast, scoring a Givenchy campaign, and now...

Nah I don't think Ming is a one hit wonder...I follow her thread and it's pretty consistently updated with high end work. Tbh, I think she should be on the MDC 50.

Ieva Laguna and Anabela Belikova do less work now.
And what about Zippora Seven, did she ever do fashion weeks? Few years ago she did much print work.
And also Julie Ordon, she didn't do anything serious exept some print work for Vogue Russia and Elle in the end of last year. She used to do much work, but she didn't do many seasons I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Myf took a break from school and came back this season with eds in Vogue Australia, Numero China, Metal, Elle Spain and the cover of Helmet magazine. She only did Milan and Paris, but walked for Celine, Kenzo, Sonia Rykel, DSquared, Vivienne Westwood, Anne Valérie Hash, Sportmax and a bunch of other less prestigious shows (opening a few), as well as at least 12 shows at Australia Fashion Week. It's not quite the quality of work she had before her break, but she's not one hit wonder.

Oh I didn't know she got so much work :shock:
I only noticed her @ Dsquared...if so she's definitely NOT a one-hit wonder :lol:

@StoneSkipper
Carla Gebhart just scored the Balenciaga campaign..Some of them were never frontrunners to begin with.

Stephanie Carta
Nina Porter
Solange Wilvert
Agyness Dean

LOL Agyness almost became a bonafide supermodel in the U.K. the press coverage she got for like 2 years was more than Kate moss. She booked A list campaigns and covers for like 3 years, season after season and she has been in almost all the Vogues. She was definitely a repeat wonder, it's sad her career faded the way it did.

@StoneSkipper
Carla Gebhart just scored the Balenciaga campaign..Some of them were never frontrunners to begin with.

Stephanie Carta
Nina Porter
Solange Wilvert
Agyness Dean

Not that I am a fan of Nina Porter, but I feel about about how Burberry just dropped her like that. I mean, for her first season she is a Burberry exclusive, then scores Burberry mainline & Burberry cosmetics. The very next season, she doesn't even walk the show. Kinda sad, IMO.

if you saw her walk on the Burberry show, you'll know it's totally understandable why they dropped her immediately.

Sunniva Stordahl. Versace campaign, Vogue Italia cover, and then she fell off the face of the earth apart from a V magazine cover in '08.

Alice Gibb, who opened McQueen, got the campaign for the season after that, a VI editorial and that's about it from her as well.

Its exciting when a new high fashion model is seemingly launched as a star but this can also be perilous to her career -- my impression is that her star must continue to rise or at least she is expected to maintain the "quality" of jobs that she reached. If she stalls, her agency will put her on the sideline and they'll move on to the next girl (and there's never any shortage!). Agencies will always want to be seen as building the profiles of their HF models - they don't want to be associated with a girl who's career is headed the other way... (no matter how high she reached) - this is bad for their business.

Rose Cordero, not even getting a Vogue Paris cover could help her career. :o

Sunniva Stordahl a one hit wonder?!

She's been modeling on full stretch in the late 90s (CK Jeans campaigns along la Moss, 3 Vogue Italia covers etc) and did a little comeback in 2007. She's not been very active since then as she became a mother.

Sunniva also went back to school and got her Master's in molecular biology or something. I think she worked in a lab for a while before she went back to modeling.
In instances like her it's probably unfair to say a girl is a one-hit wonder since they chose to take a break from or leave modeling. Same thing for that Siberian girl from the late-90s early 2000s who was with Marilyn. She was in a few campaigns and on the very top runways for two seasons then went back to school and hasn't modeled since. I think her first name was Masha.

Rose Cordero, not even getting a Vogue Paris cover could help her career. :o

that's the problem I have with many names on this thread. Rose Cordero wouldn't fit the description of a one-hit wonder because she is still SO young. I'm sure once she finishes school she will be working more.

Also Miu Miu F/W 09 girls except Hannah?

^Same for Ilda Lindqvist. I was hoping for a major break out for her after Miu Miu, but it actually never happened.

I wonder if this season's Prada girls will end up in the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->