Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Pretty sure Fran chose to slow down her career during the height of the pandemic. I think she went back to school also. Doesn't work as much but when she does, it's for prominent clients, unlike Faretta, whose career truly cratered for some reason.

Also Remington Williams: in 2018 she scored March and September Vogue Italia covers, a bunch of campaigns like Marc Jacobs, Coach, Versace, Kenzo, anothe cover for Vogue Japan and then quite nothing after that

Julia Ratner, who went semi-viral for screaming "NO SUGAR"

But, also I'm noticing that models who debuted in the mid-2010s seem to have it rough now

Primrose's career was baffling for sure. I don't know if it was her choice to slow down her career or if it was badly mismanaged or the industry just didn't buy into her. Per Anna Francesca, Celine seems to provide no boost at all to a girl's career. It's like Prada now, the rest of the industry pays no attention to these campaigns' girls.
Primrose’s career reminds of me of Caitie Greene.

Primrose's career was baffling for sure. I don't know if it was her choice to slow down her career or if it was badly mismanaged or the industry just didn't buy into her. Per Anna Francesca, Celine seems to provide no boost at all to a girl's career. It's like Prada now, the rest of the industry pays no attention to these campaigns' girls.
I can come up with two reasons:
- Celine is very insular and removed from the rest of the industry. Models' careers grow from being seen in the work of other designers/stylists/photographers. Celine doesn't show during fashion week or advertise in Conde Nast and Hedi styles, shoots and casts everything himself. Outsiders seldom interact directly with Celine.
- The models are portrayed in a way that they're nearly indistinguishable from each other: long messy hair, dark sunglasses, slightly open mouth, hand on bag, moody slouch. The black-and-white photography and the repetitive settings doesn't help either.

More her behaviour ruined her career. She is full of herself. So i am glad i dont see her anymore on A-shows
Enlighten me please… She is the nicest human beiing but I see you know her very well, so enlighten me and explain me what did you said???

And I wouldn’t called her one hit wonder. If she was from 2016-2020 at top of her game, that’s eight seasons. And she still works. So if you don’t one “one hit wonder” means, just read, educate yourself please.

Enlighten me please… She is the nicest human beiing but I see you know her very well, so enlighten me and explain me what did you said???

And I wouldn’t called her one hit wonder. If she was from 2016-2020 at top of her game, that’s eight seasons. And she still works. So if you don’t one “one hit wonder” means, just read, educate yourself please.
Darling dont be so mad about the truth

Adut Akech, she was overexposed, its was all about “mamma and pappa” support but now you can barely see her. I always thought Anok was so much better than Adut but she was underrated at the beginning compared to Adut but forutnately Anok is star now

Adut just announced her pregnancy which explains her career slowing down.

Faretta, is that you? :smile:

Yeah, I was really rooting for her at the beginning but then I had to unfollow her on Instagram because she was just too much.
It seemed at one point that she would be where Vittoria is now (they started somehow at the same time), but after the pandemic she never returned to her previous status.
I personally don't know the reason why (she got that tattoo very early on), but I know that in the meantime she is no longer with her mother agency in Croatia that helped her start (and progress) her career.

I suppose Kirsi Pyrhönen is one, getting her career kickstarted by a VI cover. She did some of major editorials for VI and Vogue US, campaigns for Balenciaga and Celine.. and then she went studying and to pursue for a real job. She's had a little resurgence lately with a Vogue Portugal cover, let's hope she'll have a full blown comeback.
Her face and body frame was quite fabulous.

Also Remington Williams: in 2018 she scored March and September Vogue Italia covers, a bunch of campaigns like Marc Jacobs, Coach, Versace, Kenzo, anothe cover for Vogue Japan and then quite nothing after that
and then she had that Gaultier HC show moment when she went the wrong way

Sofia Mechetner, scouted by Raf Simons, gave her an Exclusive for Dior Couture also Ad Campaign.
But ironically, after he left Dior for Calvin Klein, he didn't even book her for his Calvin Klein 1234something collection.

Last edited:
I’m still pressed about Janet Jumbo. Her career has been so selective. She should be a star by now.

I'm pressed about Yasmin Wijnaldum. She clearly is no one-hit wonder but her career is the most frustrating. I wish 1, just 1 big photographer really invested in her and gave her the time to grow in front of the cam. Her walk is out of this world and her face is just majestic, but in print her beauty has never been translated with proper eloquence.

I also hope Sora Choi gets out of bed and decides to be truly great today. I can't with her shooting a Korean drama/MV at this stage. She should be rebooking Ralph as an OG and striving for Chanel. Out of all the models between '15-now, her fire is most felt.

Also I know this is not the right place to say but I'm saying it anyway: i'm bored of the whole "1 hf late 2000s girl at a show for fashion history score" it's only good when it's genuinely done. Meisel did it well, he loved his girls and gave them a real platform. Now that everybody gets a shoutout it looks a bit fake.

Last edited:
Your
I'm pressed about Yasmin Wijnaldum. She clearly is no one-hit wonder but her career is the most frustrating. I wish 1, just 1 big photographer really invested in her and gave her the time to grow in front of the cam. Her walk is out of this world and her face is just majestic, but in print her beauty has never been translated with proper eloquence.

I also hope Sora Choi gets out of bed and decides to be truly great today. I can't with her shooting a Korean drama/MV at this stage. She should be rebooking Ralph as an OG and striving for Chanel. Out of all the models between '15-now, her fire is most felt.

Also I know this is not the right place to say but I'm saying it anyway: i'm bored of the whole "1 hf late 2000s girl at a show for fashion history score" it's only good when it's genuinely done. Meisel did it well, he loved his girls and gave them a real platform. Now that everybody gets a shoutout it looks a bit fake.
I was so excited about Yasmin, but what I assume happened with her career is that she matured slightly faster than the other girls in her class like Vittoria, Selena, and Rianne. She lost her boyish looks fairly early, and I think Brokaw lost interest. IMO, She is one of the best catwalkers in last 10 years. Nobody has a distinct walk anymore :-(

And I totally agree with your last take. It’s super disingenuous and feels like a stunt casting. I wish Someone would be bold (and have the budget) to cast a show with all throwback models. Let them perform and bring presence back to the catwalk.

Also Birgit Kos. Not really a one hit wonder, indeed she got quite a few good seasons, but now she barely books bikini campaigns and I don’t understand why she isn’t on the top of the game anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aieshai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->