MTV's Laguna Beach

meister122

Reaction score
Okay so what does everyone think about this new reality show? I am excited, I wanted a replacement for last fall's Rich Girls (that show was bomb!).

Nothing can replaced Rich Girls :heart:. I like Jamie and Alley because they actually did something with their life and seems more fun and down to earth. Laguna beach is just another O.C. ripoff: rich kids with mediocre problem :yuk:

Since it's a reality show, hopefully it won't be a rip off. I miss Rich Girls too. I always wondered why they didn't do another season, probably because they are so busy with college and designing. By the way, why didn't MTV release it on dvd? I still need to see the first part of the finale!!!!

the ads for it are ludicrous!! I love it :brows:

I wonder how bad of a picture this will paint of todays youth!!

I don't think its a reality show, MTV is just being stupid with thier advertisments. They need to follow around some other rich new york kids, if I want to watch Cali kids I'll watch the OC. :rolleyes:

I'm quite tired of all these "reality" shows. They've run their course.

My cousin used to have a summer house in Laguna Beach. I woulnd't really think of it to be a rich area.

It's kind of middle class, no?

Originally posted by CelineChic@Sep 29 2004, 06:47 AM
My cousin used to have a summer house in Laguna Beach. I woulnd't really think of it to be a rich area.

It's kind of middle class, no?
[snapback]379270[/snapback]​

theres money there indeed

anoying people, not entertaining

:angry: i'm so sick of these shows...can we stop with the socal thing already? it's been DONE. i wouldn't waste half an hour of my time watching a bunch of ugly, annoying people b*tch at each other... this can't possibly compare with rich girls. that was actually entertaining cos allie and jamie had at least kooky personalities...this is just :yuk:.

I didn't think it was a real reality show. I thought it was just pretending to be one but it was spot on with the dialogue and awkwardness and everything.

I watched it, and now I am hooked. I am a sucker for shows like this. And BTW, I loved Rich Girls!

Originally posted by LostInNJ@Sep 29 2004, 07:51 PM
I watched it, and now I am hooked. I am a sucker for shows like this. And BTW, I loved Rich Girls!
[snapback]379953[/snapback]​

exactly, those tv people know how to make me watch a show: find rich kids that remind me errily of the people I grew up with in Grosse Pointe, MI, put them in normal situations, which must include shopping, because apart from their attitudes the main reason I watch is for the clothes, and voila! me glued to the tube tuesday night a 10:30 PM

its so sad because all the girls look and dress teh same. blondes. short skirts. :sick:

Originally posted by meister122@Sep 28 2004, 09:48 PM
Since it's a reality show, hopefully it won't be a rip off. I miss Rich Girls too. I always wondered why they didn't do another season, probably because they are so busy with college and designing. By the way, why didn't MTV release it on dvd? I still need to see the first part of the finale!!!!
[snapback]378839[/snapback]​

They probably wont do another show b/c they arent friends anymore. Also, Ally said she went to counseling b/c of rich girls. Why? I dunno.

I LOVED Rich Girls! Not sure why...it was just so much fun to watch! It's sad that they aren't friends anymore.....maybe they should get together and watch tapes of the show and cry at the good times and become friends again??? hahaha Laguna Beach is a good show I think. Some episodes are better than others but a lotta those girls are sl*tty eww haha

I don't think Laguna Beach is particuarly wealthy of an area (at least, it's not the REAL O.C. - they may party and sort of have pretty people, but the show is definitely not comprised of people that are particuarly wealthy, unlike the characters on the O.C...I find it a little ironic that they call it the REAL O.C., then, as I'd think Malibu would be more like the O.C. than anything) - just by looking at things, etc. I think CelineChic is right...

according to wikipedia, for Laguna Beach:

The median income for a household in the city is $75,808, and the median income for a family is $100,778. Males have a median income of $66,221 versus $46,138 for females. The per capita income for the city is $58,732. 5.1% of the population and 2.8% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 4.7% are under the age of 18 and 4.3% are 65 or older.

Malibu's stats are:

The median income for a household in the city is $102,031, and the median income for a family is $123,293. Males have a median income of $100,000+ versus $46,919 for females. The per capita income for the city is $74,336. 7.6% of the population and 3.2% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 6.8% are under the age of 18 and 1.1% are 65 or older.

They should've done Malibu if they wanted to call it the REAL O.C.

But the show is a little amusing - I've only seen two episodes, but they're so damn catty. LOL. When LC and Lo were at the nail salon and Christina and whatever the other girl's name came in? Yikes.

this cant be a reality show...they have cameras from several angles...but you cant see them which suggests that they do scenes over again

this cant be a reality show...they have cameras from several angles...but you cant see them which suggests that they do scenes over again

I thought it was scripted at first, but then came to the conclusion that these kids would have to be ridiculously amazing actors to be so natural with some of the situations :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->