Sheer Dotted Tights

Love these. I also clearly remember my mom wearing them some 10-12 years ago.

^ Indeed. It's a rather old "trend". But I hardly see them here, worn in public - except on little girls :ninja: But I agree that it can look pretty nice and sexy, when styled/ combined the right way (like on the very first pic in post #1). I think you need a rather dark and "rough" outfit so that the tights make it a little more playful - never would wear them together with a denim skirt or shorts ...

Target had some dotted tights last Fall but they were not sheer. I am crossing my fingers they have some but sheer and not in any loud/bright colors.

I will definitely be getting a pair this season. Wolford makes some nice ones:

116ot8w.jpg

barenecessities.com

FYI, BareNecessities has a store on Amazon where they sell at a discount.

i really like this style of tights, but i am yet to find a decent pair! every pair ive had have snagged and ripped sooo easily, leaving me with a big hole in them, bit of a nightmare.

I'm pretty much obsessed with them. So ready for Fall so I can wear them again.

oh- i was going to start a thread about this!!!...:woot:
another late 70's/80's throwback!
DIM made lovely ones that everyone pretty much wore back in the day...

i think these are going to be everywhere on everyone this fall!
*which of course means i won't want to wear them...:lol:...

but i will enjoy watching those who wear them well

I've been surprised actually most of the ones in the editorials aren't actually Balenciaga , but around £15 like the ones in the UK Vogue shoot with Lily. Which is good news seen as low denier tights always do seem to rip easily.

Topshop has them too. However I have to agree, they've been around for a while! i got them one or two years ago already...lovely though!

when they are this sheer they are not generally referred to as tights but as pantyhose...
and yes- they will snag and run...
generally sheer hose can only be worn once...maybe twice if you are really careful and very lucky...

:P...

* so stock up on these babies!!...
^_^

I'm really liking the general movement towards sheer hosiery after so many years of opaque tights. I feel like the look has a certain maturity to it, a certain glamour that just doesn't come through with tights. I have a vague recollection of my mother wearing these dotted hose back in the day. They're a nice mix of sexy and playful.

But I have a feeling this is going to be beaten into the ground by the end of the season as far as editorials are concerned.

generally sheer hose can only be worn once...maybe twice if you are really careful and very lucky...
There is no way in heck I can afford this trend if I can only wear a $20 pair once.

I could do something opaque with colored dots because those would last longer. If someone finds something like that, please let me know. I need investment tights. :smile:

I love these! I got 2 pairs while I was in london. One with bigger dots and one with smaller ones. :smile: I love the ones with the hearts those are so cute!

i really like this style of tights, but i am yet to find a decent pair! every pair ive had have snagged and ripped sooo easily, leaving me with a big hole in them, bit of a nightmare.

Me too. I'm really careful with tights but those Tabio ones I've churned through - a few pairs I've snagged even just putting them on for the first time. And I have short/filed nails. Wore them a lot last year, and would have worn them a lot more if they lasted a bit longer. At 8 quid a go, it wasn't worth it in the end.

If you're careful and take care of them properly, sheer hose can be worn many times. It was done for decades by a whole generation before the trend went to no hose or opaque tights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->