The Costume Institute Gala 2009: The Model as Muse

It's 11.30 PM here now...At least it feels good that I'm not the only one staying up late for this :smile:

apparently stephanie too

runway.blogtimes.com

Supermodel Stephanie Seymour says she won’t be attending tonight’s gala for the “Model as Muse” show. “Azzedine has made my dress for every single ball,” Seymour said this afternoon. “I had a fitting in Paris. But then he called me over the weekend and asked me not to wear the dress. I will still make my donation to the Met, but I won’t be going.”

It's crazy that Azzedine was excluded!He had a huge impact is many supermodel's lives and career.

from gawker
i hope its not true
Tonight: the Met Costume Institute Gala! But "the Trinity"—Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, and Christy Turlington—will not be there! Why? Because they hate Kate Moss! And because they all have various other good excuses, probably, or at least Christy is out of the country filming a documentary or something. Also basically no one is going to this damn gala! Not Karl Lagerfeld, Dolce, or Gabbana! But still, Page Six says even though no one is going it will still be a wonderful Gala, the most beautiful one in history. They are so conflicted this morning!

You can check out what it kind of looks like in the inside:
metgalasetup.jpg

metprepcombo.jpg

http://blogs.glam.com/glamchic/2009/05/04/a-peek-at-the-met-costume-institute-gala-decor-and-prep/

Im really looking forward to seeing Audrey Tautou the most but also Liv Tyler, Halle Berry, MK & Ash (if they are attending) & more. The sad thing is I probably wont get to see the photos until tomorrow & since I have to work maybe not until tomorrow evening... now that sucks lol.

Daisy Lowe will also be dressed in Marc Jacobs. She's a guest of Teen Vogue.

RedAzalie, <3Thefrenchy, Manuva, Emilee, and the others, here i am, too. :P
(the clock said here are 23:53. sounds terrible)
Tomorrow, i've got two class, and i have to write studies, but i'm waiting for some picture until i fall into my bed... Finally, I could sleep on the train.:lol:

I'm so excited about the outfits.

UPDATE: And while we're on the topic of the Met gala, Anna Maria Jagodzinska is to accompany Joseph Altuzarra, wearing a red silk dress and red fur-trimmed sandals, all by the designer.
fashionologie.com

Its 6PM in New York, yes? How much longer until photos do you think? 2 Hours?! :woot: :heart:

:shock: The "model as muse" gala without some of the best and most well-known model muses?? What a huge disappointment!!!!! :yuk:

Why isn't Azzedine attending?! :doh: He is so much more worthy of being there than some other newer 'talents'.. :innocent::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->