the Fashion Spot in the News ... Clippings, Snippets & Mentions

in the Elle US September 2011 issue there was a comment taken from TFS member Vogue28 about one of the shoots from the previous issues (with Jessica Miller).

it was a positive comment too
I don't think they'd be crazy enough to print one of the more salacious comments from our members LOL

Here's the comment ^_^

10981357.jpg

zinio.com

That's pretty cool of them, I guaran-damn-tee you Vogue will never mention the site (at least not in a positive manner) :wink: :heart: to Elle

Last edited by a moderator:
We're in NyMag!

This Is Apparently a Picture of Tom Ford’s Spring 2012 Collection
UYErr.jpg

A photo leaked onto the Fashion Spot late yesterday that allegedly came from Candice Swanepoel's Twitter feed — the very same one where she gushed about modeling for Ford on Sunday — and it appears to depict the model board from Ford's London Fashion Week show. Whatever tweet this photo came from is now nowhere to be found, but the picture does feature the same lineup of models that reportedly walked in Ford's show (Carmen Kass, Daphne Groeneveld, Anja Rubik, Joan Smalls, and Swanepoel herself), many of whom appear to be wearing the peasant tops and corset belts that fit the collection's description.

did tom ford do a secret presentation/no photographers again?

^ Yes, very secret with only the biggest fashion names invited.
Don't think I'm dying to see it looking at the thumbnails.

Per Lucy in the Style.com/Print Spring 2012 Magazine section:

i bought the magazine last week on the newsstand. there are new editorials in the magazine. there's a feature on new models that also quotes about 6 people on TFS. :lol:

From style.com's Top 10 Newcomers for Spring/Summer 2012

4. JOSEFIEN RODERMANS (Supreme)

Shows Walked: 16
Big Deal Moment: Rodermans opened and closed the Calvin Klein show as an exclusive.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She looks like Freja [Beha Erichsen] and Arizona [Muse] had a baby."- The Fashion Spot

9. MARIHENNY RIVERA PASIBLE (NYMM)

Big Deal Moment: Pasible opened the Katie Grand-cast Giles show wearing a giant white swan.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "So much fiercification. Europe loved her." - The Fashion Spot

8. ANTONIA WESSELOH (Ford)

Shows Walked: 34
Big Deal Moment: Wesseloh starred in Prada's Fall ad campaign before setting foot on a runway (she was a shoo-in at Miuccua's Spring show).
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She looks like a mix of Meghan Collison and Freja Beha Erichsen. Right up Meisel's alley.... The vitriol makes me like her more."- The Fashion Spot

6. KATI NESCHER (DNA)

Shows Walked: 29
Why She Made The Cut: After opening and closing Marni, Nescher really pucked up momentum in Paris, where she walked 17 shows.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She is a fit for every brand: simple and clean at Celine and Stella, lovely at Cacharel, killing someone at YSL."- The Fashion Spot

3. ROMEE STRIJD (DNA)

Why She Made The Cut: Strijd bookended the Christopher Kane show and walked 12 in Paris, including Alexander McQueen, Hakaan, and Celine.
What The Obsessives Are Saying: "She's one of the few new girls with a technically excellent walk who is filled with personality. And her last name is Dutch for 'battle' or 'war.' How awesome is that?"- The Fashion Spot
style.com

Interesting choice to just write thefashionspot. Maybe it's because so many nicks are silly...

Hahaha the one on Romee is mine...sorta loving that :P

A quote from the latest Industrie magazine, posted by honeycombchild:

If the fashion industry was a Saturday night TV celebrity, this would be its scurrilous unofficial biography. The site where fashion is dissected by its fans in a free-for-all of endless analysis and no-holds-barred commentary; a place where industry insiders fear to tread (but go there anyway). Its possible liability: given candid and gossipy nature of its forums, and the impunity with which members scan and upload copyrighted content, is it only a matter of time before an industry giant gets litigious?
Personally, I find the sanctimonious nature of the attitude that Industrie has exhibited towards tFS over its few issues rather annoying. Who do think is buying Industrie, you smug fools?! It's not the average American girl who likes celebrities and shopping. It's us and other like minded individuals you find on fashion message boards and communities, so don't pi*s us off too much, or you'll soon find yourselves with a much smaller customer base.

Rant over.

I've never cared much for Industrie, usually am more put off by their let's-make-industry-babies-over-50-smile covers than the banality of the content masked as some deep research on fashion worthy of Valerie Steele, is it a serious magazine like say, Encens?... does it have advertisers? if the latter, I would guess then that those that purchase it aren't really their primary financial source.

Besides, considering the clashing of egos, bet they all add a penny and keep it up themselves just for the massage. :lol:

Gah, they're so industrie they probably think Napster still exists and oppose it. Industry giant that starts with a C and ends with a T keeps it civil on a regular basis, it's clearly just a matter of catching up with times and learning to be smart enough to make profit out of new forms of advertisement. Don't blame us if your magazine's very ambitious structure can't live up to the content.

A quote from the latest Industrie magazine, posted by honeycombchild:

Personally, I find the sanctimonious nature of the attitude that Industrie has exhibited towards tFS over its few issues rather annoying. Who do think is buying Industrie, you smug fools?! It's not the average American girl who likes celebrities and shopping. It's us and other like minded individuals you find on fashion message boards and communities, so don't pi*s us off too much, or you'll soon find yourselves with a much smaller customer base.

Rant over.

I've said this before in this thread, but seriously, there are nearly seventy-thousand tfs members.. that's quite a lot of people to potentially piss off..

Today ... in New York Magazine:
There’s One Internet Forum That Won’t Host Threads About Sasha, Malia, or Other Celebrity Children
Miracle of miracles, there is restraint on this here Internet. Recently, a thread for Sasha and Malia Obama on the Fashion Spot emerged in my RSS feed (this was before the flurry of publicity over how they looked at the Christmas in Washington concert on Sunday). I clicked into the feed and: access denied.

The Fashion Spot's managing director, Dana Glazer, explains that the ten-year-old site has a strict policy on who gets covered in the user-generated threads, which is arguably the most comprehensive forum resource for magazine editorials, advertising campaigns, and news about industry figures and fashion-forward celebrities.

While those forums might feel completely insane and eerily obsessive, they are carefully policed by the site's moderators. Threads about celebrity children, like the Obama girls, are not allowed. Forum topics are limited to celebrities who are 14 years and older, though exceptions are made for people like Elle Fanning, who regularly wears labels like Rodarte and Louis Vuitton and has established just the sort of style sense the site aims to cover.

The policy came about not just for legal reasons, but also to preserve the privacy of kids who may not have chosen to become fashion people.

Also, Glazer adds, "Fashion is a term that's used really loosely these days." It's true: just think of all the random celebrities with "fashion" lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^that's great, thanks for bringing it in Bette... nice to see that that policy is recognized and applauded by others

Nice of Amy Odell to first inquire and secondly proceed to write it up.

Also nice that somebody gives love to us mods for once :smile:

I've never cared much for Industrie, usually am more put off by their let's-make-industry-babies-over-50-smile covers than the banality of the content masked as some deep research on fashion worthy of Valerie Steele, is it a serious magazine like say, Encens?... does it have advertisers? if the latter, I would guess then that those that purchase it aren't really their primary financial source.

Besides, considering the clashing of egos, bet they all add a penny and keep it up themselves just for the massage. :lol:

Gah, they're so industrie they probably think Napster still exists and oppose it. Industry giant that starts with a C and ends with a T keeps it civil on a regular basis, it's clearly just a matter of catching up with times and learning to be smart enough to make profit out of new forms of advertisement. Don't blame us if your magazine's very ambitious structure can't live up to the content.

I sort of like Industrie, but yeah, their last tFS feature pissed me off and obviously, this one as well.

They have no clue about tFS. No-holds-barred? Excuse me? Negative opinions are as accepted as positive ones but continued negativity or personal attacks are NOT permitted. Not even rudish language for heaven's sake.

It's sort of fascinating how the fashion world seems to think it should be exempt from criticism. You have it everywhere else. Everyone who works and puts out their stuff gets criticized. All the time. The only people that have a right to complain are the models who are young, impressionable and criticized based upon their appearance. But the SC mods are very careful to remove hurtful comments as well, so it shouldn't be so much of an issue. Besides, I'm sure criticism from tFS is the least of their problems...

From style.com

We first spotted Kati Nescher treading the boards at the Spring ‘12 shows, walking for labels like Marni (where she opened and closed), YSL, Celine, and Stella McCartney and eventually earning her place among our Top Ten Models of the season. Though she’s older than most of her catwalk compatriots (at 27) and, like fellow model Arizona Muse, has a young son, Nescher’s star is undeniably on the rise. She booked the high-profile Louis Vuitton Spring campaign with Steven Meisel (alongside Daria Strokous), and today brought news as well that she’s the Spring face of Pringle of Scotland, shot by David Benjamin Sherry. A recent interview with The Cut revealed that she’s been shooting with Juergen Teller. That could mean just about anything, but on the Fashion Spot forums, model diehards are already speculating it means one of the big coups: a Celine campaign. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"