Keeping Up With Lindsay #5 (please put all Lohan news here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethii

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]129919[/split]

Moderator's Note:

In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
Please stay on topic

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Doesn't anyone at the court ever ask to see financial statements from her? I mean- Family vacation to Hawaii during probation, $5,000 Chanel purse and $10,000 stolen :smile:rolleyes:smile: and no one says- wait a minute, what's going on here with this family, none of whom have had a job for years?? :blink:

And she said she couldn't afford therapy. One can only assume someone invested some of the money at some point. Or that they're living off credit :(

well, Lainey had a BI that was blatantly about LiLo and explains where the cash came from - she received 15k for the pap shot on the beach.

and she's definitely made a pretty penny off the whole playboy deal...

does anyone know what her earnings were per film? at one point she received 7.5 million for a film (maybe that was for herbie :fully loaded)

how much did she earn for labor pains etc?

does anyone know what her earnings were per film? at one point she received 7.5 million for a film (maybe that was for herbie :fully loaded)

how much did she earn for labor pains etc?
Lindsay's salary was $1,000,000 US for Mean Girls, $1,000,000 for Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen,and just over half a million for Freaky Friday
Lohan brought in a $7.5 million salary for 2006's Just My Luck, with millions coming in from I Know Who Killed Me and Herbie Fully Loaded as well.
this is all i found. also, i've read that, at the peak of her career, her net worth was around 7mil$. :flower:

According to TMZ, the Lindsay issue is selling out, online subscriptions have increased, and newsstands have had to re-order/re-stock the issue.

Like her or not, she fascinates the public... this topic is on it's fifth thread already.

Lindsay Lohan's Playboy Debut Falls Flat With Consumers, Retailers Say
Amidst the holiday melee, shoppers aren’t rushing to pick up their copy of the much-talked about Lindsay Lohan issue of Playboy this week.
It was one thing to see Lohan’s nude Playboy spread when it was leaked on the Internet last week. It’s another experience entirely to see the 10 pages of photos in person in the magazine, which hit newsstands Friday.
But not many consumers are paying for that experience. In fact, interest seems low in seeing Lohan’s intensely air-brushed impersonation of Marilyn Monroe in glossy print. Fox411 spent Friday morning trolling the shelves of newsstands and gas stations from New York to Philadelphia only to be confronted with the same reality at each: Lohan’s glassy-eyed stare peaking above the backs of more family friendly fare, with no one staring back or making a purchase.

“No one has bought it,” was the resounding answer to our query at each stop.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise. Once the photos were leaked, the response to the spread, for which Playboy paid a reported $1 million, were lukewarm across the board.
“I'm not surprised at all. Despite Playboy's hype, there was nothing particularly shocking or new about this shoot. While these shots may have been slightly closer to full frontal than Lindsay's previous shots, they weren't actually full frontal; there was also nothing particularly new about Lindsay dressing up as Marilyn Monroe,” says Lux Alptraum, editor of Fleshbot.com.
“I thought the shots were really boring and didn't really live up to the promises Playboy had made," Alptraum added. "If they'd actually gotten full frontal shots of Lindsay, or come up with a fresher, more interesting concept, there might have been more demand for the photos.”
In an exclusive interview with E! News Hugh Hefner himself admitted that he originally had doubts about including Lohan in the magazine and putting her on the cover.

“It really came as a surprise to me," Hefner told E! "I kind of had mixed emotions about it initially, and then it turned into something bigger than life. "I wasn't quite sure where she was at in her life, obviously. It depends on whether it's Tuesday or Thursday."
The Lohan pictorial was leaked online last week after a hacker found the pictures on a shared computer server. The leak spooked the magazine, which decided to move up their publication date and release the pictures on their own site to try to maximize sales in the wake of the leak.
"Because of the interest & the Internet leak, we're releasing the Lindsay Lohan issue early," Hef himself tweeted.

Playboy reportedly printed thousands of extra copies of the magazine in anticipation of a rush on it.
The entire roll-out for the Lohan Playboy spread has been mired in disaster. After a travel snafu this week, Lohan was unable to make it back from a Hawaiian vacation in order to do her single interview for the shoot with talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. And now that the magazine has hit newsstands without a ton of fan fare, it appears Lohan won’t be giving any interviews about the spread.
Playboy did not return e-mails for comment on the pace of sales since the issue hit stands.
source: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...retailers-say/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz1gyGK7YfN

so...which is it? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I don't know, but my subscription issue hasn't arrived yet, which is pretty late (maybe they needed it for the huge newsstand demand?) I don't know why anyone would buy it- the pics are eh, and people seem uninterested from what I can see...I just think Hef is going to lose a lot of money on it- I was surprised he even went through with it at all... :(

I`m totally unexcited about the pics because I feel they won`t reveal anything we havn`t seen before. Ever shooting LiLo did was pretty "Playboy-ish"...

This article was printed in the New York Times some time ago, but I find it absolutely fascinating and on some level true. It is worth a read. It compares the gothic heroines of yore (fictional) to the "tabloid trainwrecks" of today (real?) to make that point that we are interested in the likes of Lohan because her "tale", i.e., life, is iconic in some way. We are prepared to lynch her, to crucify her, the see her fail and fall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/magazine/tabloid-trainwrecks-reinventing-gothic-literature.html?pagewanted=all

That said, if I were truly "participating in some kind of weird gothic metanarrative" I would expect my life to consist of more exciting activities than reading newspaper stories about Lindsay Lohan. I'd like to think it would be more like an episode of Supernatural.

LOL, tigerrouge. But not all gothics are supernatural. Many are inscrutable, like Lindsay's life, ha ha. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->