Thigh High / Over the Knee Boots

They have thigh high flats at Zara, and they are pretty much identical to the IM ones. :wink:

oo do u mind asking when you got them and how much they were? ive been looking for a flat pair as to get more wear out of them. tia!

I saw a pair of thigh high boots in this store today, and once again they didn't have my size. :furious: 7 was the biggest they went :furious:

oo do u mind asking when you got them and how much they were? ive been looking for a flat pair as to get more wear out of them. tia!
I got them like one month ago. They are pretty expensive though, I paid 1890 kr, which is around 350 $ I think!

i bought the flat zara ones a few days ago for $1900 HKD. i was surprised to find them cause i thought they'd be all sold out by now. i really love them except that it doesn't quite stay up on my right leg, it keeps sliding down when i walk around. does anyone else with a penchant for thigh high boots have a solution for this?

I think the flat version just got in at Zara because I was also surprised to see them there yesterday. My thigh highs never stay up either.

I have the same problem with my suede thigh high boots! They never stay up :angry: It just drives me crazy. They started to slide down a little after like a second time I wore them. And after that I couldn't walk for longer than 3 min without them being all the way down all wrinkled around the ankle. So I just stopped wearing them :(
I never wore them with jeans though. Maybe they'll stay up that way...

i found some flat black suede thigh highs at zara yesterday. they were WAY too tight in the leg and gave my thigh terrible muffin top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem with my suede thigh high boots! They never stay up :angry: It just drives me crazy. They started to slide down a little after like a second time I wore them. And after that I couldn't walk for longer than 3 min without them being all the way down all wrinkled around the ankle. So I just stopped wearing them :(
I never wore them with jeans though. Maybe they'll stay up that way...

take your shoes to a shoe maker and ask him to tight the the thigh boots on the end, or he can put something inside, i am sure there is a way.

I have done all sorts of crazy things to try to keep the boots up, like clipping together the top or stuffing rolled up socks inside the boot to add bulk.. Nothing has really worked that well so far. My last resort is going to a cobbler or a tailor even.. My friend said she had a buckle/belt type thing attached to the interior of hers and it worked pretty well.

^^^ I tried clipping them at the top too...didn't work either. but stuffing rolled up socks? lol can't even imagine what it looks like

so yeah , I think I'm gonna take them to a shoe maker. I like them too much to just give up on them...at least not yet :smile:

So I got the Topshop Dusk boots (suede, over the knee, flat boots) -- they are fabulous. very easy to walk around in all day (and they stay up! which is great because i have chicken legs)
And I also just got the Britany 2 boots (suede, platformed, over the knee) -- they are great as well! quite easy to walk in. I was thinking about getting them in leather, but I decided that the suede would be easier to wear (day and night). leather can turn 'pretty woman' quite fast!

I just bought a black reptile skin boots from Zara, which I've been eyeing for eternity! I love them! I especially like that I can fold them down so they're both thigh high and to the knees. All I need now are some warm socks ^_^

I can post some pics later!

Is their some type of height requirement to wear thigh high boots??(lol) I'm looking to
buy a pair of flat thigh highs and I'm only 5"2! But I do however have long legs
despite my short staure.

Has anyone got a pair of the topshop Britany thigh highs?

32B01WNAV_large.jpg

I'm drooooling over them, but I'm not sure if they're comparable to the Isabel Marant ones? (I've been wearing my IM boots so much the suede is getting rather worn)

topshop.com

Is also about the way your legs looks..... Kate moss wore thigh high boots and of course, she looked great, also I remembered Madonna last year's Sticky and Sweet tour, she wore Stella McCartney thigh high boots, and looked very sexy.. so, not very tall girls, but they have excelent thighs, not like "Rihanna, Beyonce". What I want to say is... If you are not... 5"11, you can wear high boots, but with good thighs.

i bought amazing pair inn H&M for less than 60$. The same which are in newest magazine - but really - in life they look much , much better - the only problem is they are damn high so not really comfortable - not sure if i should left them. But on the other hand i love this look.

Oh, I would love a pair of tigh high flat black boots. :heart: But sadly for those of us that are calf-challenged and have a hard time finding any boots that fit, this is an impossible look.

Not necessarily. I have large calves and have a pair of over the knee boots. I got a pair of vintage ones, ones you'd pull on and took them to my shoe repair wiz. He opened up the backseam, and reinforced whatever extra leather I needed to fill out the rest into the backseam. They look great, you'd never know I had them customed.

As for the thigh high trend, I think the trick is three-fold. One, don't go THIGH high. Over the knee by about 2-3 inches, will suffice in that little bit of extra high and give you a nice long legged look. Thigh high boots, well...that really just won't give you a lot of mileage. Secondly, if you have a stiletto heel on those boots, it's gonna scream hooker, a mildly normal pointy heel or better still a CHUNKY heel is the way to go. Think Anita Pallenberg, not Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Thirdly what you pair with the boots is crucial. I think it's just awful to pair boots with this level of height with some short clingy miniskirt. If you wanna go short on the top, make sure the hemline of your skirt or dress either poufs or goes slightly A line. Better still, I like to wear mine with long slouchy blousy tunics, and some tights. The one time I went slightly domme, I tucked my skinny leather pants into them and rocked it with a slouchy black sweater on top.

i bought amazing pair inn H&M for less than 60$. The same which are in newest magazine - but really - in life they look much , much better - the only problem is they are damn high so not really comfortable - not sure if i should left them. But on the other hand i love this look.

^ do you happen to have a picture?:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->