UK Vogue April 2018 : Gugu Mbatha-Raw by Mikael Jansson

Ugh!! It says image has been removed, annoying!! But checekd online, and what a gorgeous cover, really happy to see her on it, wonderful choice, truly. And Jansson, nice!

^Your prediction was correct!

Great choice and a pretty cover; I haven't watched any of her films but she was great in 'Touch' with Kiefer Sutherland a few years back.

There's still something that feels a little bit dated about some of EEs covers though and I really feel that here.

Beautiful picture and wondeful cover choice! Only thing bothering me is the layout... And I hope we’ll see a cover without that grey background soon enough!

Is she the incredibly gorgeous woman from Black Mirror (San Junipero), right?

Stunning stunning cover shot. It feels like a Mert and Marcus cover shot, but alas, its Jansson.

The layout is still hideous and amateur. The fact that someone gets paid for that baffles me to this day. #FactsMatter

HOWEVER, all praises aside, is UK Vogue now the home of gray background covers?

Taylor - Gray/Dark Gray
Gigi - Gray
Gugu - Gray

I hope its not starting to become their “formula”. Please dont turn UK Vogue into Bazaar/Vogue Japan. I also hope its not a comfort zone for him.

I also get it, maybe because an outdoor cover would EAT that hideous layout. (As it happened last feb)

Here’s to hoping Edward tries something new. Some said we should all give him a 6 month trial. We’re at 5/6 already and it all looking nothing but safe & calculated to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so done with British Vogue, this is dated not vintage.

Pretty, but nothing groundbreaking. I like the flower in her hair.

Beautiful cover, but reminds me March 2011 cover with Rosie Huntington - that one was amazing - this one is just good and pretty.

Best cover from edward Enninful since his first issue!

The coverlines are not good. The layout of them equally uninspired.

But a good cover image for British Vogue.....

I think ybe Uk Vogue covers are so boring last time all look the same

Great choice and a pretty cover; I haven't watched any of her films but she was great in 'Touch' with Kiefer Sutherland a few years back.
Check out the Black Mirror episode San Junipero, it is such a beautiful showacse for Gugu, and all around wonderful. (Or the movie Belle where she is the lead, and carries that film.)

Someone like Thandie Newton never got the cover, because Shulman wasn't supportive of talented WOC, at all. So this does signal a nice, welcome, change for UK Vogue. I do agree that the layout looks very 80s, and dated, but her stunning face saves it.

The content hopefully will be less predictable....

Now this is more like it! Hopefully this means Thandie has a good shot of getting one when promoting the second season of Westworld.

SUCH a gorgeous cover. She looks so beautiful and her expression is perfect. Also I loved her in Belle!

We're certainly in a new era. It's been some time since I've seen so much colour and intensity on a British Vogue cover, and that include Edward's. Will get it even if I never much cared for the actress. I do think he need to start thinking of ways of putting his unique stamp on these covers. Because so far it looks like he's merely adding a layer of gloss on an image Alexandra would've ran.

Gugu isn't exactly a 'break out' star. She's been in the industry for a few years now. I mean, this may be her first British cover, but she's got a US Elle already. And don't scream at me, but Naomie should've gotten hers first. She's so underrated, yet stylish and graceful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultraheavn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->