UK Vogue January 2021 : Kate Moss by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

All the Edward naysayers need to buy this issue, sit down, and slowly flip through the pages. This is a January issue that actually feels like it could be for a more important month, it is full of great content, and easily one of the best January issues I have ever seen. The man just has it, you can feel his love for what he does, and that is why he will be around 20 years from now.

From start to finish adored this issue, bring on 2021. :clap: :bounce: :clap:

Is there text associated with Kate's ed? Any update on her current projects or things she has in the works?

No feature story. Just a portfolio of Kate.

The I&V w/Bella and M&M w/Kate absolutely gives this issue a boost of HF. But taken on their own, they’re not even that good when compared to the best and strongest of these photographers' work. The rest of the content looks and feels really really really cheap: Very mid-range department store flyer— not even catalogue level. I suppose Edward has managed to convinced the masses to support his Vogue with the plain-Jane cast of “diverse” women and relatable styling. Just wished he made the effort to elevate the banal, so conservative styling and weak photography from its desktop-publishing aesthetic. It really isn’t about whom you cast, but how you present them, And presenting HF as accessible, relatable consumer-market is just depressing.

My subscription is yet to arrive but I've already been out over the weekend and bought myself the two covers! However, it took me two shops to find myself copies which weren't scratched to bits. The paper quality for the covers has most definitely deteriorated over the years (even for a £2 price tag).

All the Edward naysayers need to buy this issue, sit down, and slowly flip through the pages. This is a January issue that actually feels like it could be for a more important month, it is full of great content, and easily one of the best January issues I have ever seen. The man just has it, you can feel his love for what he does, and that is why he will be around 20 years from now.

From start to finish adored this issue, bring on 2021. :clap: :bounce: :clap:

Good? Possibly.

Great? That's a stretch.

beautiful issue! both kate's and adut's stories are so strong!

but bella's edit is so boring and depressive. i can't help but compare her to carmen kass in her heyday with editorials by meisel, klein and lindbergh. she always had a great, movie-screen presence in the pictures and radiated natural beauty. bella has none of it and grace coddington's styling is not helping. that jumping shot is a joke.

Kate Moss edit looks like it's
beautiful issue! both kate's and adut's stories are so strong!

but bella's edit is so boring and depressive. i can't help but compare her to carmen kass in her heyday with editorials by meisel, klein and lindbergh. she always had a great, movie-screen presence in the pictures and radiated natural beauty. bella has none of it and grace coddington's styling is not helping. that jumping shot is a joke.
Why is everything looking so old fashioned!?!? Think women evolved this crap;-)

It's taken nearly a month for my issue to make its way to me, when stuff ordered from ebay gets here in two to three days. Was it worth waiting for? I suppose it's not bad for a January issue, but it does feels like old news at this stage.

The next issue is out on the 8th of this month, with a special section about travel, the appearance of which will probably seem as mistimed as my subscription issues.

Very rarely buy UK Vogue these days but I did order this issue and despite me being in the US, I received it quickly - almost a month ago now.

I wouldn’t say it’s a great issue, but it’s quite strong for January, and when you consider the context of Covid and wary advertisers and the insipid nonsense they’ve been calling fashion magazines for the past 10 months, this was downright impressive. I spent about 2 hours reading this, and I spent less than 15 minutes on American Vogue’s January issue....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->