US Vogue April 2019 : 'A Celebration of Global Talent' by Mikael Jansson

amby

Reaction score
Source KevinKKelly ebay

0704082E-FA19-459B-80F8-672C62F9CDFF.jpeg

Adding this from the cover rumor thread in case it’s deleted there.

^what in the world? :lol: What’s with this global beauty fascination kick she’s on recently? Trying to keep up with her peer across the pond :innocent: I guess his influence is greater than people want to acknowledge on here after all.

Anyway, I always applaud inclusivity in the fashion industry and don’t think it’s akin to going back to the dark ages :rolleyes: I just wish Anna would uplift and support homegrown American talent, black actresses, older actresses and so on. Since she is the EIC of American Vogue. I mean it really shouldn’t be hard, especially in this sociopolitical climate. And no, it doesn’t have to be one or the other, she can and must do both at the same time.

Also, I can see a lot of people not being here for the inclusion of ScarJo on this cover for multiple reasons. I guess ScarJo wearing Marchesa at the Met Gala last year had to pay off eventually...

OMG! The first yellow skin actress on the cover!

Last edited:
It could've been better. It had all the elements of a perfect cover tbh.

".... but diversity"

By the cover line seems like a fold Out cover. I'm between Mert & Marcus or Leibovitz work foto the cover.

Great, the first time a yellow skin-actress is featured on the cover of US Vogue, she is reduced to an “exotic” entity, hence the need to write the word “Global” as part of the coverline.

I’m surprised because it’s unexpected. And I’m excited about it

foldout? And looks by Annie

This is unexpected and tbh should have been done 10 years ago, but i guess its better late than never.

I wish the styling is less bridesmaids-y though

Wow, shocked at the choice because I certainly did not expect them at all. Very happy for Doona, and this is BIG for Deepika. She really got it made now, and I actually like her the most on this cover. What could she be in to warrant such a big cover? Doona I can understand, but not her.

The styling looks like the sort of thing Grace Coddington could do with her eyes closed, and better than this. I wish it were shot on location.
Also, Scarlett is maybe towering too much over the other two and it does not look like they're aware of each other! It's like those global Vogue China/India launch covers with Gemma Ward (now we know who approved them.) And Doona looks very meek and submissive. From a cultural perspective, that leaves a bitter aftertaste.

I'm an Indonesian, I should've known better not to use the term yellow-skin when referring to East Asians. I'd like to deeply apologize for my ignorance.

Okay, back to the cover itself. Styling-wise, I like its ethereal quality, but the positioning of each girl is beyond disconnected. It's almost as if their individual shots were copy-pasted into one picture, which, I won't be surprised if it was.

Why didn't they position them like the models on 2014's September Issue cover, or if they were going for sparse, I'd rather see them being grouped like the November 1999, November 2000, or May 2007 cover.

Love Doona I wish Anna could do a Sense8 tribute cover but only in my dream I gusss

This is MAJOR for Deepika, wow! I have loved her since I saw her in the movie Cocktail. It feels like a very random choice, to see both her and Doona, but I always love unexpected cover stars.

Saying Scarlett is portrayed “higher and more important”, because she is in the middle is stretching it, I think. This is a diverse cover for US Vogue and thanks for that. Lots of people here really don’t know when to stop throwing race cards here and there.
Let’s be happy for Asian women on the cover for once.

So random, but it doesn't look bad.
Does Scarlet still look like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->