US Vogue February 2009 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

I think its such a cheap trick to post candids and compare to the photoshoots, specially a bad paprazzi shot like that where she is smiling, why are people so malicious when it comes to this girl is beyond me.I'm faar from being a fan, but its ridiclous and childish.

she's a very beautiful girl, I don't get that as well. I mean, every single woman that can be on the US Vogue cover will get seriously photoshoped so why make this comparison?

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely simple cover!! they should incorporate her cover into the show...wud be cool! only complaint is US vogue has been doin that backdrop for quite a while now...remember reese witherspoon...jessica hudson...

It's sad it is so hard to distinguish this shot between a Meisel, McDean, Testino, Demarchelier cover.. so much for originality.

I Like the cover she are beautifull good colors

You know why and her name rhymes with Leighton Meester....
:innocent::lol:

:heart: just kidding :heart:
Hahah i personally appreciate Meester way more aswell, but i'm not going into a rage because Blake got the cover, and like others pointed out, everyone is photoshoped these days, even the models.

Maffam it dosent matter if its not a paprazzi shot, its an event candid, from a strange angle,and no one said you are not entilted to your opinion.

What a big surprise. Leighton lands covers for Cosmo and the other girly magazines while Blake gets a US Vogue cover?!! This is pretty big. I'm not a big fan of her look and neither is Vogue as they have extensively altered her appearance in order for the cover to be of admiration for the mature Vogue audience. Very pretty cover although it doesn't look like her. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised and I really like this cover. That's great for her :flower:
She's wearing Marc Jacobs, right?
And I think she was shot by McDean...

I always see her like a sex-symbol for her legs, jeje but now even looks chic, but a kinda photoshop

she looks great and I love the dress, but the way all these mags are touting her is surprising to me. I love the show and everything but to make her into this serious actress/icon is a bit much for me.

Yes, it's MJ
00480m.jpg

style.com

*edit* I hadn't seen the previous comments, so I posted this picture.

Maffam it dosent matter if its not a paprazzi shot, its an event candid, from a strange angle,and no one said you are not entilted to your opinion.

yes, but you reduced the point to ridiculous and childish. she is photoshopped - nearly beyond recognition. of course all magazines use photoshop, but it was done with a very heavy hand here. this wasn't the case with anne hathaway or kate bosworth's covers, and i don't see why it's unfair to point it out, bad angle or not.

she looks great and I love the dress, but the way all these mags are touting her is surprising to me. I love the show and everything but to make her into this serious actress/icon is a bit much for me.

Don't worry, her chances of becoming a serious actress are close to zero. Just look at how Misha Barton is a thing of the past and have yet to score a major role since The OC ended. Will Smith is pretty much the only actor who have emerged as a big star out of a TV-show, he's amongst the top earning film stars. All other actors/actresses from the same background have ended up as vapor. So don't worry about Blake distressing your life in the near future.

Thanks for posting the runway shot. :flower:

yes, but you reduced the point to ridiculous and childish. she is photoshopped - nearly beyond recognition. of course all magazines use photoshop, but it was done with a very heavy hand here. this wasn't the case with anne hathaway or kate bosworth's covers, and i don't see why it's unfair to point it out, bad angle or not.
Well that is my opinion, i think its uneccessary , and dont share the sentiment that this is somehow more photoshoped than some other V covers we have seen.(drew's was heavily photoshoped, as were many from last year.)

I can't believe Blake Lively made it into US Vogue cover :shock:

But Blake looks stunning, very beautiful cover

She looks good, I guess. I don't like the background though, it gives me some home & garden vibe, loads of text don't help either.

Vogue must be getting desperate for sales and going for the teenybopper crowd.

photoshop baby! PHOTOSOP!!! :clap:

i've never seen her nose job look better, credit where credit is due- the Photoshopping team was the true standout here. :wink:

good cover, great photoshop, nice photography.

TERRIBLE cover choice.

And i'm not even calling for Leighton, ANYONE - Alexis Bledel, Marion Cotillard,Amanda Seyfried January Jones, Evan Rachel Wood, hell even Kirsten Stewart... etc. Would have been better and more deserving.

Instead we get this vapid, bland cant-act-for-sh*te "actress" with zero style.

Thanks Anna.

ETA: I think the issue isn't necessarily with Blake herself, it's also because she gets so much hype and attention when there's zero talent to back it up, while other talented young actresses get ignored because they aren't "generic blond bombshells". So there's a feeling of resentment and that she's really undeserving. Seriously her acting on Gossip Girl..... agony. :doh:

honestly at first glance i would say that is an actres 40-year-old, a bad copy of the divine cate blanchett

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->