US Vogue June 2010 : Blake Lively by Mario Testino

I really don't like that cover :yuk: I hate the colors, they're too soft. Especially on Blake who always strikes me as a bit masculine.
I'd rather see Leighton on a Vogue cover than Blake again :(

i guess it's an okay cover. at least it does look like a june cover..! i've never been over blake though, just... too simple to get. she's the kind of gorgeous but too predictable girl who basically doesn't catch my attention.

I just saw the ed. The car shot is the best. The rest is all open-mouthed. It's really annoying. Why can't photogaphers tell celebs when they model to close their mouths.

classic summer Vogue US cover.
nice and fresh and blond and beige ....

Carolyn Murphy californian kind of style ...

I have nothing against Blake. She seems very sweet. However, I do agree that she has gone by on the "sunny golden girl" looks without any talent to back it up.

To be fair, Kate Hudson has made an entire career out of being the 'sunny golden girl'.:lol:

Not a fan of this cover, it looks a little sloppy for Vogue. I liked her first editorial and cover because she looked different to her off screen persona, and the styling reflected that. These shots look like they could be candid shots of her, all that's missing is Penn Badgley moping about behind her.

The editorial completely suits her. She's the hot beach girl and her body is TDF. However, I still think that Anna Wintour goes through bouts of insanity whenever she decides to put Blake Lively on the cover of Vogue.

HQ Cover
blake-lively-vogue-june-2010-04.jpg

-justjared-

Seeing the cover in bigger size, makes me like it a little bit less. I don't know why, but I liked it better in small size, just don't know how to explain the difference.

13 members and 18 guests and counting! I wonder how many people would be on this thread had it been a model on the cover?

good point. sad but true. I'm not in love with the cover but maybe it might grow on me. It just seems so out of place; like I said on her thread - it really feels more garnered towards Teen Vogue. She looks beautiful, there's no denying that though...

i dont get her at all. maybe because i dont see gossip girl, but she looks very ordinary with a big nose.

I don't watch Blake's show and don't know anything about her, but the photo is pretty and she looks nice, although it's totally a redo of Uma's previous cover.
The sweater is atrocious. Is it deliberately torn like that or did they do that for the photo?

I like Blake enough not to mind seeing her on the cover of magazines, but she just had Vogue cover last year. Her career and (unfortuately) her sense of style hasn't changed much since her last cover. I just hope Vogue isn't falling back into their small repetive pool of cover stars. 2009 was a great year for Vogue, they had an amazing year full of new interesting stars, and already they're ruining that great streak in 2010.

On a good note it was insanely wise to release this cover on the day of the gossip girl finale. Blake does have good pr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon as I saw the thread title I went "Oh no" and the comments in here are what I expected lol.

I don't like the way her heads positioned and yeah I know she's at the beach but I hate the wet hair look.

If they are going to do a typical "beach" cover, WHY can't they go for someone more unexpected? The only thing more obvious than a beach cover on a summer issue is having a blonde, tanned white girl on a beach on a summer issue. I usually don't bash US Vogue because I really do enjoy the magazine, but this is so stereotypical I will probably want to chuck it across Barnes & Noble when I see it on the stands. Tousled blondes aren't the only people who go to the beach and look good doing it.

Aside from the '65 cool swimsuits' there's not much mention of fashion on the cover, it sounds more like a lifestyle magazine this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->