US Vogue June 2015 : Amanda Seyfried by Mario Testino

serendipity8777

Reaction score
Stylist: Tonne Goodman

fashion_scans_remastered_amanda_seyfried_vogue_u.jpg

fashionscansremastered.net

Yay for US Vogue, I'm pleasantly suprised, it's a bit more edgy! Love the blue.

I rolled my eyes when I saw the title but... the cover is gorgeous! :blush:
Amanda looks really good! :smile:

She's wearing Christian Dior F/W 2015 on the cover

style.com

Why does it look dated?

The image itself is nice! Amanda looks beautiful and it's indeed a well-deserved cover! Having said that, I'm bothered with how much they used black on their cover lines. It kills the mood of the cover and makes it look more of a pre-fall cover rather than a summer cover. Also, the layout screams Marie Claire to be honest with that big text below and small text on the side.. very Marie Claire.

I have no words for that dress. The netted vibe seems summery but the seeming weight of the dress makes it look uncomfortable

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it her first Vogue cover?

Yes it is, weirdly enough. Amanda looks good on the cover, but I dont think this looks Vogue at all. I wonder how this will fare on the newsstand because it does indeed look like a good Marie Claire cover. I was really hoping for a literal summer cover like UK Vogue, but then I remembered the last woman to wear a swimsuit on the cover was Uma Thurman (not counting Blake).

Nothing spectacular, looks very Elle (regarding the backdrop). The outfit sends some summer vibes which is good, but her head looks a bit huge, thanks to the angle.

It just looks out of place, and not Vogue worthy, at all. But then all covers this year lack excitement, drama & most of all; Fashion!!!

I loooooove this!! VERY Vogue to me, gosh the pose, the outfit, the layout, the colors and her FINALLY Anna Wintour comes back to the great Vogue covers I used to love. In June 2013 when I cancelled my subscription (after seeing Kate Upton on the cover...) I thought I would never like a US Vogue cover again but this is gorgeousss, Amanda is not by far one of the greatest actresses in the world but she has charisma I think and she dresses really well and she has a mysterious personality so I´m intrigued about her so I would like to read her interview and seeing the editorial spread of course.

Tonne Goodman worked her magic the image is styled perfectly: hair, makeup, pose, it worksss. I´m surprised it has been taken by Testino, I use to dislike his style of photography but this one is a great photo and not a Photoshop abuse lol.

US Vogue has great layouts usually and this one is a great one, THIS is what a perfect Vogue cover should look like: empowering, in-your-face fashion and beauty, gorgeous woman and visually appealing layout, coverlines and pose. I would give this cover an 8/10 (I wished a supermodel would grace the cover though).

Vogue and Allure are early this month! Nice, so is the cover. The pap shots we saw didn't look promising or American-summery.

I love the cover. A new beautiful cover star, sultry look, great piece of clothing, tidy layout, their best in months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every Vogue USA cover is so boring and just seems to lack creativity. It's always some celeb in a boring pose....

I like it. Considering it's US Vogue, this must be their edgiest cover in who knows how long. I don't see MC at all. Amanda looks beatiful. But honestly, I'm not sure she "deserves" a cover.

Why all the photoshop on her face, she definitely didn't need all the smoothing. Quite surprising to see her, but then Wintour seems to favor blondes... at least Amanda is far less irritating than most of the others (Lively, Swift, Witherspoon). Hopefully they used Amanda's model-like beauty in more exciting way for the editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->