US Vogue June 2015 : Amanda Seyfried by Mario Testino

Kudos for the pose but the cover looks too bare imo (I blame the background´s color) and her hair too dirty and not in a good way.
I don´t know if it´s the quality of the scan but her eyes scare me, very mutant-y :mellow:

everybody should focus on the neck and decollete area - how imprecisely and visibly photoshopped it is

Benn98 said:
I was really hoping for a literal summer cover like UK Vogue, but then I remembered the last woman to wear a swimsuit on the cover was Uma Thurman (not counting Blake).

If I'm not mistaken, in addition to Blake Lively (not sure why she wouldn't count), Scarlett Johansson (April 2007), Kate Upton (June 2013), Hope Solo (June 2012), and Serena Williams (June 2012) were all women who wore swimsuits on the cover of Vogue since that Uma Thurman cover.

It's Review are go for time! Guess which unnecessarily over-exposed reality star/model doesn't appear in this month's issue? That's right, that one!

#1 - Wild World (13 pg)
PH: Mikael Jansson
Style: Grace Coddington
Model/Celeb: Caroline Trentini & Hozier

#2 - Untamed Elegance (8 pg)
PH: David Sims
Style: Camilla Nickerson
Models: Anna Ewers, Grace Hartzel

#3 - A Place In The Sun (10 pg)
PH: Mario Testino
Style: Tonne Goodman
Celeb: Amanda Seyfried

#4 - Fresh Heir (8 pg)
PH: Annie Leibovitz
Style: Grace Coddington
Celeb/Models: Peter Copping, Imaan Hammam, Fei Fei Sun, Maartje Verhoef, Vanessa Axente, Isabella Emmack, Mica Arganaraz, Julia Bergshoeff

#5 - Isis Undercover (4 pg)
PH: None
Celeb: Anna Erelle

#6 - Rough Magic (8 pg)
PH: Francois Halard
Style: Miranda Brooks
Celebs: Karl Fournier & Olivier Marty

#7 - Latin Lessons (4 pg)
PH: Eric Boman
Model: A very sad red snapper and some fruits & vegetables

#8 - Reel Life (2 pg)
PH: Bruce Weber
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Celebs: the Angulo brothers

#9 - Ban De Soleil (2 pg)
PH: Tim Walker
Style: Phyllis Posnick
Model: Vanessa Axente

#10 - Stark Contrast (2 pg)
PH: Angelo Pennetta
Style: Sara Moonves
Celeb: Sophie Turner

#11 - Hat Trick (6 pg)
PH: Angelo Pennetta
Style: Sara Moonves
Celeb: Lea Seydoux

Not a a fancy issue but at least there's a whiff of freshness having to flip thru the pages and not see a non-Kardashian in there.

^ That sounds fresh indeed, glad its missing the usual overexposed faces you mention. I usually appreciate June issues, no matter how thin. Thanks for the review. :heart:

it´s missing Kendall but the other overexposed faces are in: Caroline, Vanessa, Fei Fei...
I´m looking forward to Walker even if it´s just one image.

Thanks for the review :flower:

So happy to see Fei Fei on another issue! US Vogue really likes her! Happy to see Anna, Imaan, Vanessa, and Grace! Take out Caroline's ed and you have new girls. Although the aforementioned are overexposed, it's okay for me since this is their time. The issue sounds really fresh.

Meanwhile, I'm sad that there's no "What To Wear Where" featuring Sasha P.. That girl took over that section.

No Meisel... maybe next month! I'm relieved Vogue appears to be laying off Kendall.

The cover is ok, but her pose doesn't help it. The review looks great & enough of Trentini.

i can't stand anna's obsession with trentini. she is a c-rated model who keeps on getting works with the fashion bible. seriously no one give a dam n about trentini except anna.

Completely forgettable cover , even though Amanda looks beautiful. However the Dior top looks pretty bad.

Beautiful cover, so happy for Amanda! Review looks good, too!

I was hoping a model would be on the cover but I must say I really like this, Amanda looks lovely.

i can't stand anna's obsession with trentini. she is a c-rated model who keeps on getting works with the fashion bible. seriously no one give a dam n about trentini except anna.

Gretchen Wieners is alive and well at US Vogue.

I am so sick of Trentini but ultimately, I will always prefer Trentini over Kendall Jenner. Always, always, always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->