US Vogue March 2016 : Adele by Annie Leibovitz

Not just that, she approved this cover, just like Beyonce did last year. This is what Wintour is allowing nowadays, in order to get certain celebs she lets them pick the cover, its shameful, but i don't think this cover is as bad.

Don't understand the bar below, so instead of usual banner, they are doing this now? It's even worse!

The power of pop stars! One can see someone else chose this shot and not Anna. It doesn't quite fit into their style. I'll never be a fan of celebrity photo approval, never! Let editors do their job.
There's something unfinished about that bar at the bottom - almost mock-like. Overall the cover doesn't look bad, passable, I suppose.

With all of the above said, I'm glad the Gaga rumour turned out to be a bold-faced lie. I'd rather read a censored puff piece about Adele than anything about Gaga.

In (George Magazine) creative director Matt Berman's book, "JFK JR, George, and Me," he says that when discussing a potential cover with celebrities, some would try to demand cover approval, control of the shoot, etc. So they would tell the celebrities, "Well, maybe we'll do a cover another time." The celebrities would immediately drop their demand for control and agree to do the cover with no stipulations. I can only imagine for that a huge magazine like Vogue, the celebs would be even quicker to drop their demands!

In (George Magazine) creative director Matt Berman's book, "JFK JR, George, and Me," he says that when discussing a potential cover with celebrities, some would try to demand cover approval, control of the shoot, etc. So they would tell the celebrities, "Well, maybe we'll do a cover another time." The celebrities would immediately drop their demand for control and agree to do the cover with no stipulations. I can only imagine for that a huge magazine like Vogue, the celebs would be even quicker to drop their demands!

Ah, but you see, I doubt that

Even the editorial is underwhelming. Her expressions are so off it looks like she has the flu. The styling is very bland as well. "We're shooting Adele for the March cover ? Well let's just put her in gowns with long sleevs and be done with it". Though maybe she controlled the styling as well.

I think she's looks GREAT.

Custom Burberry Spring 2016

_ARC0862.jpg

vogue.com

Love the editorial, it's very beautiful - Adele is a stunning woman.

Cover is horrid, editorial is nice, not very march but it's nice. but i agree that her TIME cover was much better.

Interesting! That might work with the Anne Hathaways and Gwen Stefanis, for who a cover would feel like an honour, but such an ultimatum seems futile for Adele, Beyonce, and Angelina. They don't need Vogue, Vogue needs them. It's almost embarrasing to see Anna against the wall like this.

I loved George mag, so will definitely hunt a Kindle copy of that autobio.

My god... the lack of any creativity from this magazine is almost offensive. "Adele is a british singer-songwriter... so... let's put her in a old Victorian house, composing in front of a piano!!!"

Plus Leibovitz's awful photography doesn't make it any better. Such a waste of a beautiful, talented and interesting woman.

why keep putting singers and actresses in cover, please stop it now

It's typical Vogue US, I wasn't even expecting much. Anna never takes risks and neither does Adele who always looks the same.
Maybe the other content will be better.

She looks super ugly! And the picture looks like a SELFIE. UGHHH.

Annie Leibovitz is just the worst photographer ever!

Powerful celebs like Beyonce, Adele or Michelle Obama, Jolie.etc? No they really wouldn't! This is a different time (actually even back then when George shot Demi Moore she approved the creative idea, however had no say in what they published. So A list celebs had some degree of power even decades ago)also when George was around, its a completely different ball game to today, and you don't have to believe but Wintour has given approval to celebs before, it happens a lot with other magazines as well. The times when Anna could dicatate the most powerful women, like telling Oprah to slim down if she wants the cover, are categorically OVER!

I really like the editorial photos. The Cover is less photoshopped than the last one, but still strange.

She looks so bored in the editorial, it brings everything down imo.

Agree - the editorial looks depressing and she looks as if she's sick, especially in the last photo - with a major cold or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->