US Vogue May 2019 : Kim Kardashian West by Mikael Jansson

I would guess none of them will be featured, being that I don't think Ru really shares features with the girls from the show. I hope the feature is about RuPaul as a business person and entrepreneur, and not as a drag queen. I wouldn't really consider Ru a drag queen anymore, and think there are so many other girls who could be featured as such.

I’m excited by the RuPaul feature and I wonder which RPDR queens are featured.

While I do still like Ru, it does feel a bit late to feature her now. I mean, it is so big and hyped now. It would have been better to feature when it was still a cult hit. Or give her the cover now, that would have been something.

I would guess none of them will be featured, being that I don't think Ru really shares features with the girls from the show. I hope the feature is about RuPaul as a business person and entrepreneur, and not as a drag queen. I wouldn't really consider Ru a drag queen anymore, and think there are so many other girls who could be featured as such.
True, but the other cover line suggests that some drag queens are featured inside (for another article), so I still have hope that at least a few RPDR queens are featured.

Ugh, pass me the sick bucket please. That whole ‘Kanye introduced me to high fashion’ narrative has been milked to death years ago. Who even cares?

Right! I hope for Vogue's sake that's not the storyline they're using for her feature because People just ambushed them. Jesus. This is what you get when you deal with reality people. If Kim could've paid that Kevin Kelly user from Ebay to leak this cover, she would've!

This seems to be a drab image for an issue that promises RuPaul, Kim Kardashian, and the Gucci circus.

That said, I rather like Kim on covers - unlike certain actresses, it's clear she wants to be there.

Personally, I haven't lost interest in US Vogue because of people like Hailey B or Kim K, I left them behind when they decided the wives of dictators and sexual predators were worthy of a pass, as long as the accompanying articles put the words "I didn't know" into their mouths.

So in my eyes, worse things get printed on these pages than superficial media stars.

I’m kinda hoping someone will unearth a similar image of Naomi Campbell from the 90s.

Photographed by Mikael Jansson!
I don't care about Kim and don't find her so relevant nowadays but I must say that I like the cover. Isn't the May issue supposed to be about the Met gala though?

The cover was shot by Mikael Jansson and the editorial is very good. Styled by Tonne Goodman and no, she’s not wearing Yeezy.

Photographed by Mikael Jansson!
I don't care about Kim and don't find her so relevant nowadays but I must say that I like the cover. Isn't the May issue supposed to be about the Met gala though?
Yes, it is. There’s a cover line referencing the Met Gala. But the theme of the May cover is not always the same as the theme of the Met Gala.

I absolutely LOVE this cover, and I love Kim. Sorry, not sorry.
Kudos to Anna for putting her on the cover, over the usual (and tired) suspects.
Haters can stay mad. Now I'm intrigued by who will get June..

No, no and just, no.
The most exciting thing in that cover is the name of RuPaul.
The styling is a fit to her personal style but absolutely boring. I like the whole color scheme but honestly feel like this would be a better choice for another magazine - not for Vogue.
Not only the cover isn’t that interesting but I really do dislike her reputation. Defending Kanye’s love for Trump and him wearing a MAGA hat and constantly selling ridiculous weight-loss products on Instagram, yeah what a great role model.
Anna, give me a break.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->