US Vogue September 2014 : 'The Instagirls' by Mario Testino

I've only flipped through the issue a few times. But is there an editorial that corresponds with the cover? I haven't noticed Cara or Arizona or Andreea inside the magazine.

I've only flipped through the issue a few times. But is there an editorial that corresponds with the cover? I haven't noticed Cara or Arizona or Andreea inside the magazine.

It would've been nice, but no, unfortunately there's no cover ed.

The biggest problem with the cover is that the girls all have the same hair and makeup, and even their dresses sort of blend together. The September 2004 cover (and the current September Vogue Italia cover) had Karen Elson in a dark lip and hair half pulled up, while Gisele has a deep side part and natural lip, a couple of the models have middle parts and smoky eyes. And of course the color of their dresses were all very different.. It's really not cute to have them all look the same, like they're little children wearing matching sweaters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think mario testino is an extremely overtly overrated photographer. His work is nothing fascinating and I can only hope that he will retire soon. This beautiful cover should have hired a high-end photographer instead of the mediocre mario.

Love all the models of this cover! The original instagirls were cool, not like the 'new' ones.

Looking back at this cover and its headlines it was definitely a game changer for what people consider top models now, the term "instagirls" really defined a new generation of social media stars, and although most of the girls in this cover are not really the instagirls that are relevant now, it helped paved the way for the most popular models right now to be on top of their own games.

It's also crazy how much this forum has changed over this time. That a thread for one issue of US Vogue has 546 replies and goes to Page 28! Wild.

It's a fantastic cover, though. All 3 of these models have become genuine icons in the industry (Karlie and Joan, especially)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->