US Vogue Special Edition April 2016 : Kendall Jenner by Mario Testino

I wish they had just committed one way or the other. A special issue seems like a cop out. Either she's right to be your cover girl or she's not.

I wish they had just committed one way or the other. A special issue seems like a cop out. Either she's right to be your cover girl or she's not.

Kendall was probably never going to get a real vogue cover... I think this supplement is what WWD thought was going to be a cover...

It is rather sad because the reason for the supplement never really translate to readers. Kendall last week launch estee edit, a new makeup line target at women in their 20's to mid 30's. This is huge for EL and she was picked to head the campaign. So, maybe they were trying to get her a vogue cover but this is what Anna decided to do... such a shame. They should have went with Elle or Marie Claire...

One of the most sincere arguments I've seen in this section, ever. I've always seen antagonism for the sake of antagonism slash the attention that brings and some really need and it seems people go to tremendous lengths to avoid admitting to it, even creating arguments that almost stand for themselves, only to be thrown down by the 'opinions are garbage and everyone should stfu'.. for once we have someone that may be unconsciously even rebelling against his own condition. And that's a great thing...

This may sound shocking coming evidently from the no-opinions adulation-only school of social media but succumbing to insults towards membership for discussing things in what this place was created for (discussion) used to be considered community disruption/grounds for warning. Not that they're common these days but pretty sure the system is still on.. something to keep in mind for those that did think this was a mysteriously lengthy comments section of a digital newsstand, lol.

Let me elaborate [redacted]. I occasionally like to disagree with people on here because I find it funny how something like magazine covers grind the gears of the members. It's trivial at the end of the day. People are up in arms about the Kendalls and Gigis of the world, and certain photographers and stylists etc. Yes, I would have more respect for Kendall had she decided "I'm going to try and walk in 71 shows like Lia Pavlova" - that would be killer. But as someone notably pointed out, she's improving. Her expression doesn't always change, but she's trying and credit is due there.

I also disagree because people are so caught up in their grudge against the Kardashian family that even the thought of liking Kendall's pictures is utterly preposterous. God forbid they'd like something she does. It all comes down to the grudge. And another thing, half of the people on here probably follow her too.

On another note: Katie Grand is to credit for Kendall's success as a model but the Kardashian's are to credit for her fame. There's a massive difference the last time I checked.

She's certainly not my favourite model (those are Greta, Alex Elizabeth, Bella H, Freja Beha, Sasha P) but I'm defending her from the blindness of some TFS members.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hope she gets an "actual Vogue cover," and every magazine cover after that. Imagine the mass hysteria? Would be amusing in sad people need hobbies other than hating people they don't know.

I do hope she gets an "actual Vogue cover," and every magazine cover after that. Imagine the mass hysteria? Would be amusing in sad people need hobbies other than hating people they don't know.

Many of us don't hate this girl personal but her work. Most people here are passionate about fashion and is this a hobby for lot of us. This is a forum, so her work will be judged and sadly for her not in a good way.
So if any of us makes this personal, it's you.

@ ThatGuyPaul: in this case success and fame are directly connected. Without her fame, there would be no success.

Let me elaborate hunty. I occasionally like to disagree with people on here because I find it funny how something like magazine covers grind the gears of the members. It's trivial at the end of the day. People are up in arms about the Kendalls and Gigis of the world, and certain photographers and stylists etc. Yes, I would have more respect for Kendall had she decided "I'm going to try and walk in 71 shows like Lia Pavlova" - that would be killer. But as someone notably pointed out, she's improving. Her expression doesn't always change, but she's trying and credit is due there.

I also disagree because people are so caught up in their grudge against the Kardashian family that even the thought of liking Kendall's pictures is utterly preposterous. God forbid they'd like something she does. It all comes down to the grudge. And another thing, half of the people on here probably follow her too.

On another note: Katie Grand is to credit for Kendall's success as a model but the Kardashian's are to credit for her fame. There's a massive difference the last time I checked.

She's certainly not my favourite model (those are Greta, Alex Elizabeth, Bella H, Freja Beha, Sasha P) but I'm defending her from the blindness of some TFS members.

The only ones that sound caught up and obsessed are her fans, I wonder why? It's like you can't take any amount of criticism directed at her? Why? She's the worst model of all time and nothing is going to change that.

So.... this entire thread has the cover shot + nine photos.
Anyone have anything else from this supplement? Review? Pics?

I got my Vogue subscription today (I don't live in N.Y. or L.A., BTW) and it came with the supplement.

There's the editorials by Testino and Wenner, 18 pages of reprints of her previous Vogue pictures, and everything else is just pages of her street style and Instagram pictures. Kind of a waste of paper, IMO.

Here's the "editorial" by Theo Wenner, there's an interview that comes with on vogue.com

On the topic of nepotism... or all the complaining about the nepotism that comes with Kendall, when will there be outrage here about sh*t photographers who only got their job through their family connections.

Theo Wenner wouldn't be shooting this piss-poor Juergen Teller knock-off editorial if his father wasn't Jann Wenner.

I am sick to DEATH of awful photographers like Jann Wenner, Victor Demarchelier, Francesco Carrozzini, etc... my god!!! They're just dreadful!!

^Really? I think it has been worse in the past. It's not even a proper issue.

At least she's sort of cute.

I can't imagine how the thread will be exploded with comments and discussions if she is on an actual cover of Vogue US in the coming month... :shock::lol:

I got my Vogue subscription today (I don't live in N.Y. or L.A., BTW) and it came with the supplement.

There's the editorials by Testino and Wenner, 18 pages of reprints of her previous Vogue pictures, and everything else is just pages of her street style and Instagram pictures. Kind of a waste of paper, IMO.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, Bee!! :wink: So, it's a supplement after all. Essentially you have 2 new edits, and a bunch reprints. Yeah, I'd say this was specifically manufactured for her fans. Still cannot get over the fact that Anna actually went with this. It's quite something for a model to have, and especially from US Vogue. And Kendall's initial debut was only in Sept 14', way too short a span to celebrate.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, Bee!! :wink: So, it's a supplement after all. Essentially you have 2 new edits, and a bunch reprints. Yeah, I'd say this was specifically manufactured for her fans. Still cannot get over the fact that Anna actually went with this. It's quite something for a model to have, and especially from US Vogue. And Kendall's initial debut was only in Sept 14', way too short a span to celebrate.

As a Vogue reader, and a fashion fan, I am offended. Has there ever been a special supplement for Kate Moss?? Naomi Campbell? It's offensive.

Life less. Dead in the face. Emotion less. Waste of film. A real shame.

I really despise anna w. She needs to go!!!!

Thanks for the info.
I saw someone listed this on eBay for $1.00us. Didn't last long but made me think there wasn't much to it.

As a Vogue reader, and a fashion fan, I am offended. Has there ever been a special supplement for Kate Moss?? Naomi Campbell? It's offensive.

I wouldn't be too offended by a supplement like this. Particularly if an advertiser is footing the bill.
By these standards, Colin Farrell landed a US Vogue cover back in 2004! ^_^
Vogue USA Supplement September 2004

vogue_us_2004_09ab.jpg

scan: dfl-001

^ That is not the same, that was Men's Vogue Supplement they did before it went on its own. They did few of those, one had The Beckham's on the cover. But this is shocking! A Special Edition issue just for 1 model? And a model who hasn't even been around that long, its like she was scared to give her the actual cover, its just pathethic that its filled with 1 new ed, and reprints.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not like she's a regular model who was a nobody before her Marc Jacobs debut though, she's clearly more of a celebrity

Anna is not scared of anything. She'll do what it takes to sell the magazine. I buy it mostly for the features, but I still buy it.

Moderator Note:

Let's move on, everyone! Please feel free state your opinion and explain why you feel the way you do one time, but please do not keep repeating the same argument. It just stalls the thread for most of the members who would like to move on. If you feel you must have an in depth debate with a particular member, just take the discussion to PM's.

Thanks!

My Vogue subscription arrived in the mail today and with it came Kendall's supplement. It's not only going to New York and LA (as someone posted earlier). I live in San Francisco.

The supplement is thin with around 50 pages. The sole advertiser is Estee Lauder. Quite an investment for both Vogue and Estee Lauder, but Kendall must be popular and more importantly, also able to draw in big bucks.

I've never watched an episode of the Kardashians but I do hear about them almost every day in some way or other. So I can't say I "know" her. She's pretty but I'm not drawn to her pics. To me, she is a new-generation model that I could take or leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->