Vogue Italia March 2020 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

What the f*ck?

But hey, at least it's not that hideous Lil Mikaela or even worse, nonouri or whatever.
The caption made me throw up a little, but it's okay. The cover image and that fake model are quite pretty, the logo............................................................
disturbingly bad. I came with no expectations, but I'm still leaving utterly disappointed.

Why are there casting directors if she isn't real?

On website, they stated that "Ida (this is how the protagonist of the cover was baptized) and the other eight girls of the cover service were in fact created digitally, the result of the imagination of photographers who played to give body and face to the idea of abstract yet totally plausible beauty."

I am just sick of every single issue of Vogue Italia being dedicated to a specific concept or a blatant marketing ploy to boost sales. Vogue Italia has become a total gimmick under Farneti.

Agreed! And then it's not even executed properly. If at least he commissioned a confident team to evolve the contrived and juvenile faffle he's coughing up on that Instagram post and expand on it fully, then one could stomach it. But at this stage I just want him to accept that he can NEVER recreate Franca's social commentary-driven covers because he just doesn't have the vision, the wit nor the talent. He's a GQ guy, through and through.

The mere fact that he thinks that this CGI creation is an extension of reality when in actual fact 80% of models always looked like that shows how out of touch he is when it comes to the women's arm of the fashion industry.

On website, they stated that "Ida (this is how the protagonist of the cover was baptized) and the other eight girls of the cover service were in fact created digitally, the result of the imagination of photographers who played to give body and face to the idea of abstract yet totally plausible beauty."

:lol::lol::lol: You can't make it up!

If only Farneti could just shut up, he's making it worse. I wonder who buys those pretentious anecdotes on every month's cover.

What baffles me the most is that unlike Franca Farneti lacks witty approach to the whole social topic area. Unfortunately, among all Vogue editors, apparently only Franca actually had it at all. I will pray that VP and Vogue US will do what they do, it is not the best, but not nearly as offensive as all the other “artsy” Vogues.

Why the casting credit of not only one CD but two different ones?

Well, the concept is unique but it's too gimmicky for my preference. Vogue Italia's January issue was probably a bestseller that's why they're doing strange concepts to top it. Can Town and Country shade this one too?

I like the cover but the concept is so weird why can’t Farneti just do a normal fashion cover with models and not fake people and without making it so pretentious and trying to make it some social justice thing! Also I am confused how is that not a real person if they were shot by mert and Marcus, there were hair stylists and makeup artists?? So weird

“The intention behind creating Ida, Teresa, Helga, Anastasia, Stevie isn’t so much to point out that digital beauty obviously can’t replace real beauty, or that digital girls, in all their perfection, reveal how genuine perfection lies in the unique imperfection of each of us in flesh and blood. Instead, we wanted to offer a delicate and poetic portrayal of the incredible osmosis between these two worlds. Where reality pursues the filters of Instagram, and on Instagram we are conversely starting to see the emergence of a less artificial and more sincere, analogical reality. Where technology allows the creation of worlds that are so similar to the real world that, in reaction, there is a return to the desire to imagine alternative, fantastical other worlds. This entire issue looks at the fine line that divides reality and fiction in our age.”

Oh my god he really thinks he's all that, doesn't he? This poet, this artist or whatever the cr*p he's trying to be? How delusional can you be??

The editorial previews look quite beautiful, but I'm not convinced that these are completely CGI characters, which kind of ruins the whole point? I don't know. I hate this magazine.

Why does every issue have to have a gimmick? Why can it not just uphold whatever the Vogue values are rather than trying to save the planet via ever more excruciating concepts!

have you guys seen this project from showstudio similar to this concept

Ceremonial_Formality_process_stills_005.width-2560_sVP8oE9hCbe6GMDw.jpg

Ceremonial_Formality_process_stills_010.width-2560_qnoQBvIupsQQFB9G.jpg

Ceremonial_Formality_process_stills_007.width-2560_xGqppjmKLWPjG5ee.jpg

Stills Gallery: Ceremonial Formality | SHOWstudio

and they actually credit a real model and a contortionist

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence